JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   Where is your baby with bm and/or formula? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2672852-where-your-baby-bm-and-formula.html)

Blessed Mommy Of 5 August 16th, 2013 06:09 PM

Where is your baby with bm and/or formula?

I know now that our boards have been merged, it will take a little bit to really get to know everyone and those sweet babies. I saw that many of the babies are 1 year old! I'm curious where everyone's baby is with breastfeeding and/or formula?? Any plans on weaning?

Jessimaaka August 16th, 2013 06:33 PM

Re: Where is your baby with bm and/or formula?

We currently nurse first thing in the morning, before bed, and several times overnight. He drinks homo milk during the day. I am hoping he will self wean soon. But as I am pregnant, I'm guessing the taste is going to change soon? We'll see how things go!

Blessed Mommy Of 5 August 16th, 2013 07:16 PM

Jess, I got pregnant while nursing my oldest dd. I'm not sure if it was a change in the taste of my breast milk, but she weaned herself soon after. She was right at a year old at the time.

Kyah is still breast fed. She hasn't had regular milk yet. She nurses every 4 hours or so right now, with the longest feeding at bedtime. We also still co-sleep, so she wakes up sometimes at night just to nurse. She never even opens her eyes, lol. Right now I do not have any "plans" of weaning. I guess I am sort of hoping she will wean herself around a year old. That's in a month, and at this point I don't see that happening. I'll re-evaluate when she turns a year old and try to fit in regular milk at some point after she turns one year.

3Sapphires August 17th, 2013 04:57 AM

since our car accident last november, my milk supply really has been in the toilet. after a few months of Lincoln not gaining anything, I had to supplement :(

he now nurses once in the morning, and gets one 4oz formula bottle at night.

I will be phasing out the formula when he gets to his birthday, hoping I have a few weeks/months left of nursing him still.

JesusisKing August 17th, 2013 04:33 PM

Hello all :) I stuck to the absolutely no dairy diet for my buddy A.J. till the day he turned 1, so that I could bf him until then. (He has a milk protein intolerance)
His Dr. said he can go on almond milk at that time, so that is what we are doing. So happy he likes it!!

Mrs.Julie August 17th, 2013 04:39 PM

Kata nurses about 5 times a day and has 2-3 sippy cups of milk. Though I enjoy nursing, I would like to wean. Not in any major hurry though.

Panda August 17th, 2013 07:28 PM

Hi all! Aden will be one on the 23. He nurses on demand I would say 4-6 times a day and 2-6 times at night. As for weaning? Idk! Me and DH are going to start trying for another baby once we are back together (he is away right now he is in the navy). So for now I am thinking about letting him self wean. But also after a year I will work out even if it affects my supply some so we will see. I do think I want to make it to a year since we won't do dairy and the health benefits but we will play that by ear.

Carwen*Angel August 18th, 2013 06:59 AM

I stopped BFing at the 3-4 month mark due to health issues meaning I had to go back on medication that wasn't suitable for BFing.

We have just moved Michaela on from follow-on milk to growing up milk (formula) - she enjoys milk so she will probably continue to have a couple of milk drinks made up each day until she's at least 18 months. She is on baby jars and pureed food 3 meals a day and is just now starting to really enjoy finger foods and eat food with more chunks/pieces. She's getting used to chewing lol.

acmd03 August 18th, 2013 10:29 AM

I finished weaning about a month ago, a couple weeks after his first birthday. He was seriously not interested in cow's milk for awhile, but he finally got over that!

Hopefulpinkangel August 18th, 2013 04:59 PM

We had to transition Molly to milk a little before her first birthday because they were discontinuing her formula. She is now eating all table food and milk at meal times, water any other time. :)

jojo2bee August 19th, 2013 09:11 AM

Matthew nurses about every 4 hours during the day. My plan was to wean at a year but I might go untill 15 months. I'm waiting to see what his ped says first though before I do anything. I'm getting sick pumping but lovethe time with him so I'm in no hurry really. I don't think he's going to want to wean to soon anyways but well see!

aubers68 August 20th, 2013 12:02 PM

We stopped nursing the beginning of July, about 3 weeks before she turned one. She has had a mixture of formula, almond milk and whole milk. We were working on finding out what was best for her as she was having a few issues with her stool and a rash around her mouth. She's pretty much completely on Organic Whole milk now, just finishing up the little bit of formula we have left.

MosaicWife August 20th, 2013 12:41 PM

Still nursing quite a lot. No plans on weaning but will be trying Paxton on almond milk soon.

Sherry777 August 20th, 2013 01:07 PM

We are still breastfeeding. When I am home, I nurse her. If I am out in public, I nurse her. I always do it on demand, but I never go longer than 3 hours round the clock in order to maintain a slight oversupply. She eats breakfast and lunch with the sitter during the week. On the weekends, she will nurse and is less interested in food. I have no plans to wean.

aquariussweety21 August 21st, 2013 09:30 PM

I wish I could have/ would have breastfed longer. I stopped between 3-4 months as I was having such pain, cracked and bleeding nips, etc :-( i think i may have had thrush but our doctors were not very helpful. I totally give props to you ladies breastfeeding. Mason drinks 8oz of formula 4 times a day now

DaniM0820 August 22nd, 2013 03:40 AM

We are starting a little bit of cow's milk into his diet this weekend!!! I am so happy to be free of the pump! I knocked down from 4-5 sessions per day (and nursing at night) to 3 sessions per day and still nursing at night. I only really get a chance to nurse him on demand on the weekends, but lately he hasn't stopped to BF as many times. He loves his table/finger foods though!

If I didn't have to pump at work then I would continue breastfeeding past the 1 year mark, but I am ready to be done with the pump. The last nursing session we stop will be the one right before bed, so I don't know how long it will take. That one will be the most difficult, but I'm ok with going as long as he needs to be comfortable.

In the mean time, He currently takes 4 bottles per day with the 1 night nursing. I am slowly decreasing my supply and making it so he only gets 3 bottles per day plus some cow milk and night nurse; then 2 bottles per day and a bit more cow milk and night nurse; until finally he only gets a morning bottle, cow milk in the afternoon, and nursing at night. He loves his AM bottle with DH so once we get him switched to the sippy in the morning then we can work on the night nursing session.

one.juniper August 22nd, 2013 06:14 PM

I am still nursing 4 times in a 24 hour period right now. I am trying to get him down to 3. Some days he'll take more cow's milk and food and be good with 3, but sometimes he doesn't want food or cow's milk and then he needs that 4th still.

I'm also pregnant and though my supply is keeping up just fine I don't know how things will go as we progress.

Mountain~Mama August 24th, 2013 08:41 AM

I wont give Sarah cow's milk for at least another year. She still nurses on demand and I have a good supply. No reason to substitute human milk with anything else at this point.