JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   July, August & September 2012 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/)
-   -   How many kids would you like altogether? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1756-july-august-and-september-2012-playroom/2673099-how-many-kids-would-you-like-altogether.html)

Carwen*Angel August 18th, 2013 07:12 AM

How many kids would you like altogether?

How many do you have now and how many are you aiming for?

Any particular reasons? :)

acmd03 August 18th, 2013 10:33 AM

Re: How many kids would you like altogether?

I want 3 but hubby is completely set on 2. He'll probably get his way :rolleyes: I just have one sibling and I always thought it would be so exciting to have more than 2 kids. In fact, when I was young, I thought I wanted a whole bunch, like 8 :)

I'm still holding out hope maybe after a couple more years hubby will change his mind, or we'll talk seriously about trying to adopt a 3rd, an idea we've thrown around before.

Jessimaaka August 18th, 2013 11:47 AM

I would like 3. Hubby is on the fence between 2 and 3. So we will have a discussion after #2 is maybe 8 months or so. I would like similar spacing between between all 3 so I can have all my mat leaves close together and then be able to focus on my career after.

Blessed Mommy Of 5 August 18th, 2013 08:52 PM

Dh and I have 5 kids now. I never really expected to have 5 kids, it just worked out that way. Our oldest 4 children (16, 15, 12, 11), are fairly close in age. Kyah isn't one year yet so there is a 10 year stretch between her and our next youngest. For that reason we have decided to have one more baby to "grow up" with Kyah. We are currently TTC. I am 34 now, so I do not feel like I have years to wait.

3Sapphires August 19th, 2013 05:31 AM

I always saw myself with 3 kids 2 girls and a boy.

now that I am the mom of 3 boys, I would still like to try for a girl. So I guess 4. 4 is my limit. if I get 4 boys, I'm done. if I get my girl I'm done too.

unfortunately DH was happy with 2, he wanted to be done at 3, but he seems to be more open to the idea of #4 as we pay off our debt. He worries about money, and his big thing he feels like we are rolling the genetic dice every time we have another baby.

Hopefulpinkangel August 19th, 2013 06:50 AM

I really want one more, but DH isn't on board with that. Once we found out Molly was a girl he was done. LOL Still not sure how to deal with not feeling done when he does, but I'm working on it.

JesusisKing August 19th, 2013 12:24 PM

Right now we are both happy with the three we have, but I can see myself getting the itch again :-)
I always loved babies!

jojo2bee August 19th, 2013 01:33 PM

1 right now planning on hopefully 3 maybe 4 or even 5 lol. At least 3 though. DH is scared to have more then 2 ha hs but I want a big family! So ill settle with 3 I guess but well see lol

Sherry777 August 20th, 2013 11:15 AM

I promised George a big family.

aubers68 August 20th, 2013 11:27 AM

I always wanted 2.... sometimes I think I want 3. DH says he's done at 2... I guess time will tell LOL

MosaicWife August 20th, 2013 02:55 PM

Two. But we have three. Life didn't get the memo.

curlygirl77 August 20th, 2013 04:46 PM

I have five and I would love, love another... unfortunately miscarriages and finances means that probably won't happen. Five is awesome though, considering my dh only wanted two to begin with :p

HippieLove August 20th, 2013 05:35 PM

I have 4, I am happy with 4 but we want a child together which would make 5. He has 2 so I guess that makes 7 altogether :) I love having a big family but 5 is my limit.

Risa August 20th, 2013 05:55 PM

I want three. We have one son and I don't want the next one to be my last! Hubby wants two. He thinks I will be convinced once we have two and see how much work it is...we'll see!

Mrs.Julie August 20th, 2013 09:36 PM

I'm also no longer a spring chicken hehehe, but I promised dh 2 on top of the 2 I already had so now 1 more. I have 2 older children so it will be nice to have one closer to Katalinas age. Also, I really want a boy. If I get 4 girls I'm all good. But I still want a boy!

acchickpea August 21st, 2013 07:57 AM

I always wanted a big family... I said four when we got married but it just took longer then expected with our first... Now DH and I both think that after the second we are done...

aquariussweety21 August 21st, 2013 09:08 PM

Umm anywhere between 2 and 4. We are ttc #2 right now but its not working as planned and seems it will take a while. If I happened to have twins next I would be done at 3. If not we will wait a few years after the second child is born and decide if we have the finances and stuff for two more :)

Panda August 22nd, 2013 05:40 AM

If they are all like my son I could have babies forever!! We want alot no set number really somewhere between 2-6 :) we are going to ttc #2 when we get back together in October XD I can't wait!! We have both allways wanted alot of kids but we both allways wanted to be able to do all the extras with them as well like dance, karate, ect. So I think that we would settle on number to be able to afford the extras with them but we will see my baby fever is psycho right now lol!!

Niamh ૐ August 23rd, 2013 11:38 AM

We have always always planned on 4 kids. Throughout my pregnancy with Brigit, we were still planning on having another child after her.

However... we may be done at 3. We have about a million practical, logical, rational reasons NOT to have another baby... but of course, since we have always planned on four, sometimes it feels like our family is "incomplete". That emotional reason though, doesn't come close to outweighing all the sensible reasons to be done at three.

We are currently proceeding as if we are done, but we're not doing anything "permanent" until Brigit is 3 years old.