JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   I know it's crazy early to ask about diapers, but... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2578726-i-know-its-crazy-early-to-ask-about-diapers-but.html)

edgeofelise September 28th, 2012 08:16 PM

I know it's crazy early to ask about diapers, but...

...who's planning on using cloth? We used cloth with DD but I didn't start until she was around 4 months old. This time I want to do it from the get-go, but I don't know which newborn diapers to try. BTDT mamas, what's your favorite?

I know there's a whole CD board but it's a whooooole lot of information, lol.

Zippitydoo September 28th, 2012 08:29 PM

Re: I know it's crazy early to ask about diapers, but...

I am planning to cloth! I make diapers so I am hoping to make most of my stash. I dont have any kids so I will be learning on what works and what doesnt as I go.

I love cloth they are so cute!

Melliesbelly September 29th, 2012 06:35 AM

We're planning on it. DS was cloth from two months to nine months, and then we stopped. I'm a little overwhelmed at the idea of two in diapers, but we'll see. Who knows, maybe DS will decide he wants to try to potty train. :giggle: Doubt it, but you never know.

As for diaper type... I've tried everything under the sun, and Tots Bots are still my favorite. With a new itty bitty squishy, I'm thinking we'll be buying Teeny Fits until he/she moves up to the OS.

Sk8ermaiden September 29th, 2012 07:00 AM

I'm really torn. We used them with E from one month-six months. I feel like we should use them that time again since we already have them. We have water issues and it was really a trial. We'll see.

I liked sized pockets and AI2s. I onlt put my kid in really, really trim diapers. I won't do the bulk of some diapers. Rainshine Designs is a Canadian company and excellent.

MissErica September 29th, 2012 12:53 PM

I'm undecided, and researching!

amyhk September 29th, 2012 01:27 PM

I always meant to try them with my first but was too overwhelmed with sleep issues, nursing issues, allergies, etc... This time around I might give it a try, but knowing how bad I am at keep up with regular laundry, it might not happen. I'm interested in the hybrids.

edgeofelise September 29th, 2012 01:46 PM

It's really easy to feel overwhelmed with alllllll of the information. It's not at all scary once you dive in. It's all trial and error. After experimenting with a few different styles we found that pockets worked best for us. I think we'll try AIO's for the newborn; even less work!

Sk8ermaiden September 29th, 2012 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeofelise (Post 26590041)
It's really easy to feel overwhelmed with alllllll of the information. It's not at all scary once you dive in. It's all trial and error. After experimenting with a few different styles we found that pockets worked best for us. I think we'll try AIO's for the newborn; even less work!

I LOVED AIOs, but they take forEVER to dry and it's harder to get all the buildup out. I looooved AI2s for that reason.