JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Who else has to wait it out.... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2585861-who-else-has-to-wait-out.html)

bribugg13 October 18th, 2012 05:01 AM

Who else has to wait it out....

I have to wait until mid-NOVEMBER before hearing a heartbeat and getting confirmation that all is OK in there! :( It's so far away! It's driving me mad! I had my blood test confirmation that I am pregnant on Monday of this week, but that's been it! I don't know why, the anxiety is getting to me this time around. Having no symptoms (I can't seem to take my own advice lol) is making me crazy!!

I do own a doppler, but I'm pretty sure I won't be able to hear the heartbeat on my own so early (was thinking of trying at 6-7 weeks). If I remember correctly, it's more like 10-12 weeks before I could possibly hear it. Ugh, I need help!! :(

BlessednHighlyFavored October 18th, 2012 05:06 AM

Re: Who else has to wait it out....

I was suppose to have one this week then the nurse said let me call you back and see what dr. says. He wants me to wait until Nov. 12. Man I was so mad.

edgeofelise October 18th, 2012 05:11 AM

I have my first appointment on the 5th and I'll be 10 weeks. I'm not really anxious about waiting, though. I am hoping we'll get the heartbeat on Doppler (we don't have an u/s until the 20 week anatomy scan) but I know it's on the early side so I won't freak if we don't. I'm feeling surprisingly zen about this pregnancy. Hang in there!

mommyandwife08 October 18th, 2012 05:12 AM

I dont know how long i am going to have to wait but the doctor said about 3 more weeks from now. I am going to try and see if i can go have one in two though. :smile: Of course I have not even been told if they will be doing an ultrasound at the first appt. or not. I know how you feel.

Lindz253 October 18th, 2012 05:16 AM

Sorry for you all who have to wait! I hope time goes quickly for you!

sweety_pie October 18th, 2012 05:29 AM

I wouldnt normally get an u/s until 20 weeks, but it just so happens I had a pelvic u/s booked for Oct 29th anyways :) Perfect timing!

Kalynas_Mom October 18th, 2012 06:20 AM

The waiting can suck when your anxious. On the bright side, by the time you do get seen and get an u/s there will be plenty of baby to see and no question that everything is okay by then! I hated last time getting an us at 4weeks, 5 weeks, 6 weeks etc. it ended up causing me MORE anxiety to not know whether baby kept developing properly!

MissErica October 18th, 2012 06:24 AM

I'm with ya. I've had my first appointment, but I don't get an ultrasound or anything until I'm half through or so. (between 17-20 weeks). I won't hear anything until they can catch the h/b vis doppler.

Mitza1013 October 18th, 2012 06:50 AM

I have my appt with the nurse tomorrow, and the OB on the 29th. They said they prob. won't be doing an u/s on the 29th :( I'm going to BEG! I would be able to relax and start enjoying this pregnancy if I could just see a heart beat! So I'm with you...waiting and not knowing is so hard.

enchantingdragon October 18th, 2012 08:42 AM

My first appointment is the 5th and I might have to move it to Thursday so itll be 8th which sucks but I want my husband to come if he can. Im nervous right now as I dont feel like Im as hungry, gassy, or peeing as much as before. Just need to relax and trust

eshute October 18th, 2012 08:46 AM

I have an appt on the 24th and will be 8 weeks. I asked when I made the appt if I would get to hear the heartbeat and she said "oh no! not until at least 12 weeks", so I dunno. :( I'd really like to see and hear the baby, but I guess I'll just have to wait as long as they make me. I'm pretty anxious since this is my first pregnancy and all the things that could be wrong keep going through my head. I'm very jealous of everyone that gets to see/hear the baby now.

navywifey2003 October 18th, 2012 08:55 AM

I probably wont have a u/s until 20 ish weeks. Unless we dont hear the hb at 12 weeks.

MrsLat October 18th, 2012 08:59 AM

I wont have an ultrasound until I am 10 weeks.. that is November 16th. I am dying from anxiety over it too. But trying to remain calm!