JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Another hormonal pregnancy vent! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2586269-another-hormonal-pregnancy-vent.html)

~*Nicole*~ October 18th, 2012 10:48 PM

Another hormonal pregnancy vent!

Can I just say that people suck?? This is my 5th baby, the 5th time I could have been able to give my friends and family happy pregnancy news, and also the 5th time someone has ruined it for me! The first two were when I was really young and unmarried, so no one was happy for me, just disappointed which is the worst. My 3rd, everyone was shocked and there was no excitement. By the 4th, people were over it and to make matters worse, my SIL congratulated us on FB before I even had the chance to tell anyone in my family so they were all hurt. I was only 5 weeks lol but they didn't understand that I hadn't even had the chance to tell them, they thought I was just keeping it fro them. Now this time, same crap. I can't even tell my parents yet because they will be mean and hurtful about it; my mom has been horrible to me every time I've been pregnant and it's pretty much ruined our relationship. DH told his mom and dad and told them not to tell SIL I mentioned above because of her propensity to post crap on FB that she shouldn't. Well, MIL went ahead and told her anyway and she's PISSED. Seriously?! Why should she be so special to know immediately? I am so sad :( This is definitely our last baby and I will never have the chance to announce a pregnancy and have a joyful response or at least not have someone mad at me because I didn't tell the when and how they thought I should. I know I'm just hormonal and this won't seem like such a big deal later, but right now it sucks and I needed to get that out. Thanks :)

MrsLat October 18th, 2012 11:17 PM

Re: Another hormonal pregnancy vent!

I am so sorry!!

I can kind of relate the feeling. The first thing my mom said was "Well maybe you will get a girl and then you can tie your tubes and be done".. like it is anyone's decision but my own as to how many children we have. It was hurtful.

My first pregnancy was when I was young and unmarried... my dad was completely disappointed. It was hard. My second time around, I was just dating a new man.. (My DH now :)) But he was 10 years older than me and people my age were disgusted and told me he just wanted a piece of *** and now that I was knocked up he would leave! I was in shock!!

People can be horrible about pregnancy news and I really don't know why. It is frustrating.. there is no bigger miracle in this world than a child and I have no idea why people get so disgusted by the news. It really saddens me.

I am so sorry you are going through this. I AM EXCITED FOR YOU. If that helps ;)

Lindz253 October 19th, 2012 02:52 AM

I'm sorry your family hasnt been excited for you, I'm sure that is so hurtful. Everyone here is happy for you though!

mommy220 October 19th, 2012 02:56 AM

I am sorry that people treated you like that. I can't imagine why people need to stick their nose so far into other's business. If you are a good parent it should not be of their concern how many children you have!!

Steph625 October 19th, 2012 03:57 AM

I agree with all these ladies but just want to add that if you and hubby are happy...then crap on all the others. Don't let any one, even family, ruin this wonderful, joyous time! If this is your last, then cherish every second of it! And keep your head up high around "Debby downers" and maybe your great attitude will rub off on them! I wish you the best in telling your folks.

felicia_alexis October 19th, 2012 05:41 AM

People are the same way with me. Even my best friend with my last pregnancy said havent you figured out how to prevent that. So now this being number 4 I am sure they will be just thrilled about all of it. I am so not looking forward to the negative comments. I had a hard time telling anyone last time. I didnt tell people till I was 14wks. I mentioned wanting another baby to my SIL and she said 4 kids really dont you think that is to much?

Karenna October 19th, 2012 06:10 AM

I am so shocked and disgusted that ANYONE would be unhappy for someone who is expecting :( As far as your SIL goes, maybe there is some jealousy? I am so sorry that people are not being supportive...just know that we here, are SOOOO happy for you and we support you 100%! :) Babies are a gift from God and every child is a blessing :)

Honestlymonique October 19th, 2012 06:34 AM

this is one of the reasons i haven't told anyone yet. I'm grown and this is my third pregnancy all r by my husband n we are able to take care of them YET the last time i was pregnant (which was planned) none of my family came to visit, i actually had to take my baby to my mama after she complain that i haven't brought the baby to see her (she only 30mins away she could have came) anyway my mom gone than have the nerve to tell me that this should be my last one. I'm like you should be telling your other two daughters who had babies at 16 n then turn around n had 2 more b4 their 20 n all have different baby daddies. like why would you even say that to me. It is what it is, that's why I'm enjoying this time with just me n my husband knowing.

zombiemommy October 19th, 2012 08:08 AM

That's very unkind of them.
We are all very happy and excited for you! They should probably try to attain some manners and compassion, which they are so obviously lacking.
Brush it off girl and be happy for yourself!

~*Nicole*~ October 19th, 2012 08:19 AM

Thanks for the replies :) I know I shouldn't let it get to me, but it's so hard lol. I decided I need to just shut out the people who don't matter and concentrate on the ones who do. Like Dr. Seuss said: "Those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." That's my new motto :D

phantomsgrl11 October 19th, 2012 08:26 AM

People never even think before they speak. I am willing to bet that some of the comments you ladies received were not even meant offensively - they just thought they were offering advice, or joking. They obviously do not understand at all. I do not get why people think they have a right to tell you how to raise your kids, how many kids to have and when its a good time to have those kids. Unless you are paying my bills or buying my groceries you have no say! ;)

enchantingdragon October 19th, 2012 08:33 AM

Im sorry that stinks. Its very selfish of them to be so wrapped up in their own feelings and not try to see the joy that a new baby can bring to a family.

navywifey2003 October 19th, 2012 09:27 AM

I'm going to be met with the samething. I would be ok not telling anyone until we know the gender lol. Huge hugs I know how much it sucks. I've gotten it 3/3 so I am sure number 4 will be just as fun.

QueenCrafty October 20th, 2012 07:06 AM

I'm sorry your family and friends are so negative! I like the Dr. Seuss quote. I'll have to remember that. My mom has been less than thrilled with all of my pregnancy announcements too, so I'm sure this time around will be about the same. DH and I were married, owned a house, and had good jobs when I was pregnant with Lily. It was a bit of a surprise to us, but a welcome one. My mom said "Are you sure?" when I told her I was pregnant. Yes, mom I'm sure. <_< The second time she immediately asked "Did you plan to get pregnant so soon, because people just don't have babies that close together." My girls are 27 months apart, my sister's kids are spaced about the same but she didn't get crap for it. And yes I planned it.

Kalynas_Mom October 20th, 2012 07:24 AM

If it makes you feel any better, my last pregnancy in July that ended in miscarriage, my dad (exact words) "So when are you having the abortion?" he literally called me everyday trying to convince me to have one. And then when I miscarried i called him and said "I guess you got your wish". In any case i'm not sure why people are so concerned with people having more children. I'm a student but DH has a good job, we just bought a home, and i'm not sure why the heck they care so much. I won't be telling ANYONE for as long as I possibly can because I don't want to hear all the negativity.

~*Nicole*~ October 20th, 2012 08:17 AM

Quote:

If it makes you feel any better, my last pregnancy in July that ended in miscarriage, my dad (exact words) "So when are you having the abortion?" he literally called me everyday trying to convince me to have one. And then when I miscarried i called him and said "I guess you got your wish". In any case i'm not sure why people are so concerned with people having more children. I'm a student but DH has a good job, we just bought a home, and i'm not sure why the heck they care so much. I won't be telling ANYONE for as long as I possibly can because I don't want to hear all the negativity.
OMG I can't believe your dad said that to you :o I am so sorry. Do you still talk to him?? I can't imagine continuing a relationship with someone after that.

8miraclez October 20th, 2012 03:20 PM

I'm sorry your family is like that. My family is the same. When I announced our first, the response was "why didn't you wait". With our second, we waited until 16wks and my mom said "your daughter doesn't even have a chance to be a baby".
Our last baby we didn't tell until 20wks. This one we aren't telling at all.
I have heard so many people ask me about getting my tubes tied, or my dh getting snipped. I have 2 brothers that are doctors and they both have told my dh they'd fix him for free.
Trying to explain to anyone that this is a birth control baby but that we're still excited, is a joke.

I'm still going to plan something cute to announce when this baby is here, but I don't need any negative comments until then.