JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   food aversions (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2586649-food-aversions.html)

TeresaMomTo2Boys October 19th, 2012 07:43 PM

food aversions

I'm noticing that I'm feeling sick after eating hamburger meat as well as eggs.this pregnancy. I had the same thing during my pregnancy with Aidan. Ugh I just wish I could throw up...I hate the feeling of feeling like I'm going to up chuck.

Anyone having the same food aversions as your last pregnancy?

felicia_alexis October 19th, 2012 07:47 PM

Re: food aversions

No not so far I hope I dont. I could only eat ground beef no other meats. I couldnt stand the smell of cooked or warm bbq sauce I couldnt eat any sort of bbq sauce

laurenicole October 19th, 2012 08:02 PM

I don't really have any. There's some cookies my daughters have a big tub of that i don't like to smell, but nothing major. I don't remember any with my first daughter, and with my twins it was my older daughter's food. She was about a year old and i gave her those Gerber Graduates meals and when i was pregnant couldn't stand to look at them so i couldn't feed her.

eshute October 19th, 2012 08:23 PM

This is my first pregnancy, but I'm having some aversions. Mainly coffee. Pasta sauce. The smell of food in the fridge in general makes me gag.

Bleh.

ashleykathleen October 19th, 2012 09:04 PM

I'm having aversions to all food in general. It's like it sounds so good until I get a bite in my mouth, then it is so hard to chew and even harder to actually swallow. This is waaaaay worse than any of my previous pregnancies and I hope it dies down soon...otherwise my dr will not be happy with the weight I'm losing.

edgeofelise October 19th, 2012 09:43 PM

With DD it was peanut butter. I wanted to die even thinking about it. It doesn't bother me this time. I don't seem to have one consistent aversion, but the thought of most foods makes me sick this time. Scrambled eggs are high on the gross list. I don't have trouble with meat, in fact I'm craving cheeseburgers quite a lot. Sweet smells really get to me right now.

~*Nicole*~ October 19th, 2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

With DD it was peanut butter. I wanted to die even thinking about it. It doesn't bother me this time. I don't seem to have one consistent aversion, but the thought of most foods makes me sick this time. Scrambled eggs are high on the gross list. I don't have trouble with meat, in fact I'm craving cheeseburgers quite a lot. Sweet smells really get to me right now.
That sounds like a boy to me ;)

Food and I do not have a very good relationship lately. I like to eat it, but it likes to come back up :( I don't remember EVER losing weight while pregnant, but I am now. I am A-OK with that for now lol

amyhk October 19th, 2012 10:54 PM

Chicken is not really the best right now. Or turkey meat. Red meat is fine though.

beautifulmistake October 19th, 2012 11:56 PM

I had barely any morning sickness/food aversions with Zac, so fingers crossed this time round!

zombiemommy October 20th, 2012 05:09 AM

I was so sick the entire pregnancy with dd that pretty much all food was an aversion.
Now... just thinking about chicken makes me gag, and chicken was my main meat. Now I'm craving hamburgers. Banana's are also making me wanna chuck it and it wasn't like I ate them a lot ever in my entire life. Not a big fan of banana's, but now I can't even stand to smell them sitting on the counter.

Kalynas_Mom October 20th, 2012 05:53 AM

With DD all I wanted to eat was cereal, garlic bread, and popsicles. This time I have these crazy cravings in my head that sound SOOO good but as soon as I go to actually eat it, it seems disgusting. Yesterday I didn't eat anything all day, I couldn't stomach the thought of food. ugh

QueenCrafty October 20th, 2012 06:00 AM

Nothing yet, and I'm hoping to keep it that way. With Lily, I only had aversions to fish but craved pizza, burritos, and chocolate. With Abri, I had aversions to everything and never had a food craving. I spent the first trimester only able to handle sour popsicles. I never puked but I just couldn't make myself swallow anything else.

MrsLat October 20th, 2012 11:35 AM

The real question is what DONT I have an aversion to right now? :( I can't handle the smell of meat cooking--any kind.. in fact I was craving fast food cheeseburgers but that is because I don't have to smell them cooking..

I can't handle garlic, onions, or the fridge. Tomato sauces like for pizza and pasta are killing me! I am basically living off of orange juice and toast the last couple of days :(

navywifey2003 October 20th, 2012 12:07 PM

Eggs are so bad for me right now. But only scrambled and only while cleaning g the pan blech!

MamaSkunk October 20th, 2012 02:58 PM

Im also in the group that I dont as of yet have any food aversions but i know nothing sounds good. For a few days I wanted red meat but now that doesnt even sound good.

Frozenoj October 21st, 2012 11:21 AM

I started having an aversion to meat two days ago. Pretty much any kind of meat. Just thinking about it right now is making me feel sick. I guess maybe I really am preggo, eh? With my PCOS I'm really supposed to be low carb and have worked so hard on that over the last year we've been TTC but now that's all I can eat. Even then I only eat like half of what I put on my plate.

Rossi_R October 21st, 2012 03:13 PM

I've had an insane love of Fuji apples [one of the sweetest apples out there] Believe it or not, I developed an aversion to them right around the time "conception" should have occurred.

Yep! I'm an avid writer, I chronicle as much as possible and looking back to the day; I washed, sliced up my apples as normal and upon one bite I became nauseous. Now, I just went to the market the week prior and bought $11 worth of these babies. So that particular day I thought "that's odd?" :chin:

Tried to eat another apple a few days later, and again I was nauseous pushing through one slice. So yes, in hindsight it's amazing how some pregnancies (if you pay that much attention) do in fact reveal early on symptoms well before you miss AF!