JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Anyone else surprised at the amount of previous losses?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2586755-anyone-else-surprised-amount-previous-losses.html)

Lindz253 October 20th, 2012 10:17 AM

Anyone else surprised at the amount of previous losses??

I feel like almost every person who introduces themselves has had a previous loss or losses. I don't remember this in my other DDCs I was in. Maybe there is something magical about this month and we were put here to help each other through this!!

:dust::dust::dust::dust:

8miraclez October 20th, 2012 10:21 AM

Re: Anyone else surprised at the amount of previous losses??

Unfortunately, I'm not too surprised. I am surprised at how many have been second trimester or later losses. Mine have all been earlier.

I hope we have extra sticky dust this month. And stay put dust too since many of us have had preemies as well.

navywifey2003 October 20th, 2012 10:50 AM

I agree with Rebecca. I am so sorry for anyone who has been through that.

MrsLat October 20th, 2012 10:56 AM

I agree. It is very disheartening. I feel so terrible for those mama's and scared mine wont last :(. I hope it turns around soon and we don't have anymore! I am sick about it!!

Karenna October 20th, 2012 11:33 AM

I have been shocked by how many losses there have been too :( I always knew that miscarriages happened but I didnt realize how common they actually are...

~*Nicole*~ October 20th, 2012 11:43 AM

I have never experienced a loss, but I think forums like JM are a good place for women to find the support that they might not get from friends and family that don't know what to say or how to act after a loss.

mommy220 October 20th, 2012 12:23 PM

I was totally unaware of how many people had losses until I joined jm and had my own loss. It is terrible!

sweety_pie October 20th, 2012 12:39 PM

I was thinking the same thing actually. There are soooooo many ladies here with recent losses, its crazy!!! Hopefully we all get sticky beans! :)

laurhob October 20th, 2012 01:35 PM

Though I would rather none of had to deal with the pain of miscarriage, it is a blessing of sorts to be in a DDC with so many other ladies who understand what it is like to go through one. With that said, massive amounts of sticky dust for us all!
:dust::dust::dust::dust:

TeresaV October 20th, 2012 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laurhob (Post 26676315)
Though I would rather none of had to deal with the pain of miscarriage, it is a blessing of sorts to be in a DDC with so many other ladies who understand what it is like to go through one. With that said, massive amounts of sticky dust for us all!

I couldn't agree with you more. The best support comes from someone who has been in your shoes.

Kalynas_Mom October 20th, 2012 02:27 PM

I'm not surprised at so many losses in general but i'm surprised about how many are concentrated in one group of ladies. I agree, I hope these June babies all stick and that we're all going to get through this with healthy babies in our arms in the summer time :) it's nice to be around others who have been through something similar to yourself

eshute October 20th, 2012 03:01 PM

This is my first pregnancy, and from the beginning I've been terrified of a miscarriage. I know it's very common early in pregnancy, and especially in first pregnancies, but reading about all the losses these women have had and even the ladies that have had a loss since they joined this DDC has really hit home for me. I'm so thankful every day that I don't have any complications. I can't imagine what it's like to have a loss, but it breaks my heart to hear about them. I hope we all are lucky enough to get through the next 9 months without any major complications. It's nice to know there's somewhere to go where people understand what you're going through, though.

zkat October 20th, 2012 03:25 PM

I joined JM right after my 1st loss. It was the most amazing support group and some remarkable strong women. The Trying to Concieve and pregnant after a loss were my life lines in the 6 months between pregnancies. Then my Dec 2010 DDC rocks! Most of us are still together.

JM is a very supportive environment compared to a lot of forums, so I think women who are grieving tend to stay. Well, women I'm general tend to stick around here
For long periods of time.

Kat

lil_fishy October 20th, 2012 06:44 PM

I am not really surprised. I have quite a few friend IRL and online that has suffered a miscarriage. Plus, JM's is amazing! There are incredibly supportive women on this site.

j&jmom October 20th, 2012 06:58 PM

I'm not really surprised. I thought when I had my first m/c that I didn't know anyone who had gone through it, I was wrong. It was a horrible experience, but knowing how many people have gone through it made me feel like it wasn't my fault (because of course I thought of all the reasons why I caused it.). I found out this statistic the other day "women whose 1st born is a boy are more likely to have subsequent miscarriages." The article may have said why they thought this may be true but I forget. I just found this interesting. I wonder what the statistics are after having three boys!