JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Anyone else? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2586826-anyone-else.html)

navywifey2003 October 20th, 2012 02:48 PM

Anyone else?

Know they need to eat but nothing sounds good or don't feel like eating?

Lindz253 October 20th, 2012 02:49 PM

Re: Anyone else?

Yes, me!

Kalynas_Mom October 20th, 2012 02:52 PM

Constantly! very frustrating

edgeofelise October 20th, 2012 02:55 PM

I've cried over this more times than I can count, including a tantrum that just wrapped up a few minutes ago. I feel terrible all the time. Everything makes me sick. Colors make me sick. Thinking about almost every kind of food makes me sick. I'm eating nothing but junk food because I just can't bear the thought of most things, and that's making me feel worse. I WANT A TURKEY SANDWICH AND I'M SO MAD THAT I CAN'T HAVE ONE.

eshute October 20th, 2012 02:55 PM

Oh yeah! I'll get hungry and go to the kitchen, then gag and have to leave. I actually just got done eating chinese food because it was the only thing that sounded good and I didn't have to smell it cooking.

Bleh!

TeresaMomTo2Boys October 20th, 2012 03:14 PM

Every day. Everything sounds so good yet everything looks disgusting. Eating bowl of popcorn now and it tastes like cardboard.

navywifey2003 October 20th, 2012 03:23 PM

It's so frustrating! I'm glad I'm not alone.

ashleykathleen October 20th, 2012 03:41 PM

Yep. I actually had to break down and call my dr because I have hardly eaten anything in a week. I've lost almost 10lbs (I'm very small and have a high metabolism so this is not at all healthy for me). They prescribed me zofran and promethazine and today I had the closest to a normal sized meal I've had since last weekend. It was awesome...until afterwards.

TeresaV October 20th, 2012 03:54 PM

Totally me. I hate feeling like I'm starving, but can't come up with one thing that sounds the least bit appetizing. Sucks.

CCR October 21st, 2012 05:52 AM

Me! This has just started in the past few days.

kit.kat.81 October 21st, 2012 06:27 AM

Oh, me too! All I can stomach are carbs, and I know I need to eat veggies and protein and variety but somehow all I want is popcorn, bread, pasta, etc. :(

On the plus side, normally I'm a HUGE sweet tooth, and since I've been pregnant I'm very turned off by sweet foods. They just taste so cloying to me now!

TeresaV October 21st, 2012 06:30 AM

I'll go grocery shopping and buy all sorts of stuff that sounds great. Then when I go to look for something to eat, nothing I bought sounds good.

**jessie** October 21st, 2012 06:59 AM

Yes, it is frustrating. I waste so much money on food during the first trimester. I buys loads of stuff but then the thought of actually eating it makes me want to vomit and it goes to waste. I hate that!! Bring on the the second tri!

~*Nicole*~ October 21st, 2012 07:00 AM

A few things sound good, but I can't keep anything down :( I agree that it's frustrating. I am definitely an eater and I get a little grumpy when I get too hungry.

Kalynas_Mom October 21st, 2012 07:03 AM

I'm honestly just getting angry about this food aversion nonsense. I know I need to eat (it makes me feel more sick if I don't), but i'm really not sure how to force myself to eat anything when everything sounds disgusting. I'm a huge budget grocery shopper and plan my meals accordingly and I have so many leftovers in the fridge that I know will be thrown out because I just can't stomach the thought of eating the things I've made....

briellelynette October 21st, 2012 07:17 AM

Flaming Hot Cheetos is my middle name for these past two days...lol. I went from not being able to keep anything down for over two weeks to this and popcicles. Just thrilled to be able to say that I can eat anything.

CleoBlue October 21st, 2012 03:44 PM

This was me all last week. This week has been a bit better though.

Farmers-wife October 21st, 2012 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeofelise (Post 26676486)
I've cried over this more times than I can count, including a tantrum that just wrapped up a few minutes ago. I feel terrible all the time. Everything makes me sick. Colors make me sick. Thinking about almost every kind of food makes me sick. I'm eating nothing but junk food because I just can't bear the thought of most things, and that's making me feel worse. I WANT A TURKEY SANDWICH AND I'M SO MAD THAT I CAN'T HAVE ONE.

Why can't you have one? Sounds like it might help.

MamaSkunk October 22nd, 2012 12:02 AM

This is me this time. When I was pg with DD i didnt have any food aversions and I only got M/s when i brushed my teeth. This time nothing sounds good. I will cook something and eat a tiny bit only cuz i need to but everything tastes disgusting.

Nattie84 October 22nd, 2012 08:09 AM

Count me in too, its sounds sooo good but when I see it or smell it....its over for me. I can eat veggies and fruit in small portions, I can drink a few things no prob but some things leave a bad taste in my mouth, no meat really other than sausages...weird I know. I am mostly sicking with soup and salads and some carbs. thats about all I cant get away with with out gagging.