JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   How I am going to hide this? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2589030-how-i-am-going-to-hide.html)

brysonsmom October 26th, 2012 10:40 AM

How I am going to hide this?

I am not a small girl, so I usually don't even beign to look pregnant until after 20 weeks. Hwever this being #5 (including a m/c) I am either way bloated or showing already. I seriously look 5-6 months long already and actually had a friend call me out today. I am needing to hide this from my family for some serious reasons for quite a bit yet and not quite sure how I am going to do it if this keeps up.

~*Nicole*~ October 26th, 2012 10:54 AM

Re: How I am going to hide this?

Since you live in Michigan, I'm assuming it's getting pretty cold there! I would say wear sweaters and LOTS of black. Wear sweaters with high waisted belts.... That's all I got lol. Good luck

wanttobeinvienna October 26th, 2012 11:21 AM

I need to hide my pregnancy for as long as possible as well, and it is not looking good :( At 9w2d, I have moved into my 'fat' jeans, and sweatshirts, but it's obvious I am getting pudgy in my tummy, especially in my work clothes!

Hang in there- I hope you are able to reveal sooner rather than later!

felicia_alexis October 26th, 2012 11:28 AM

I feel your pain this is baby number 4 pregnancy number 8 so I show fast it sucks

8miraclez October 26th, 2012 12:11 PM

This is number 8 (12th pregnancy) and I had someone ask me at 5wks. I just played it off that I was offended because I knew I looked fat. I'm planning on lots of zip or button up sweatshirts. That's how I hid it until 20wks with my last one.

Farmers-wife October 26th, 2012 12:13 PM

The bloaty look will drop some between weeks 12-16. So if you can manage till then you can claim just getting fat. Sorry you have to hide. I hope you can celebrate your baby soon!

QueenCrafty October 26th, 2012 12:20 PM

I feel your pain! This is baby #3 for me and the pudge showed up real quick this time. I saw my sister last night and she totally guessed that I was pregnant. We weren't planning on telling family for awhile, so I swore her to secrecy.

brysonsmom October 26th, 2012 02:44 PM

I would love to tell family soon, but my brother and his wife just delivered their twins at 26 weeks gestation this week and I really want to give them their time and make surethese babies get to go home strong and healthy before I share the news.

Farmers-wife October 26th, 2012 05:53 PM

I completely understand. My sil was in the hospital on bed rest, etc with quads when I to pg with #4. We kept it to ourselves for a while, too.

j&jmom October 26th, 2012 06:13 PM

I would love to wait longer too. My sister has been trying to get pg with her first & this will be our 4th. I feel bad. But last weekend we took our sons & their friends to chuck e cheese and an old man asked me how many boys we had. I said only three were mine & that the rest were friends. Then he asked if I hoped this one was a girl & he pointed to my belly. I was appalled! I finally fit back into my size four jeans & I may have gained a little weight, but how did he know I was pg?!?!? Now I'm super self conscious about what I wear. Thank god for the upcoming winter months. Hopefully I can figure out how to hide this better.

MrsLat October 26th, 2012 06:20 PM

I am having a hard time too! Already in pregnancy jeans...

~*Nicole*~ October 27th, 2012 12:28 AM

Quote:

I would love to tell family soon, but my brother and his wife just delivered their twins at 26 weeks gestation this week and I really want to give them their time and make surethese babies get to go home strong and healthy before I share the news.
I wish my sisters-in-law were like you!! That's pretty awesome of you

ashnicole86 October 27th, 2012 06:47 AM

I've got severe bloating going on, and I've moved into my fat jeans, and baggy work clothes already. ugh. Luckily it's getting colder out so I'm rocking the sweaters and baggy sweatshirts when i'm around my family. Oh and I second the recommendation for wearing black tops and high waisted belts! I had a funeral to go to this past week, and after an hour of trying to figure out what to wear I paired one with a dress and it helped so much!

CartersMommy October 27th, 2012 06:48 AM

Sherry you are awesome!! It is super sweet of you to be so considerate of your SIL! <3
That being said you saw me with Owen you know I actually look pregnant by 12 weeks. My goal is to hold off until about Thanksgiving- when I am 9+ weeks, DH does not think I will be able to hide....

I hope no one asks me.....I don't think they will....
Try bigger sweaters... I don't know!

felicia_alexis October 27th, 2012 07:06 AM

I am thinking I am going to buy some flowy shirts. Try and hide it the best I can

phantomsgrl11 October 27th, 2012 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j&jmom (Post 26701598)
I would love to wait longer too. My sister has been trying to get pg with her first & this will be our 4th. I feel bad. But last weekend we took our sons & their friends to chuck e cheese and an old man asked me how many boys we had. I said only three were mine & that the rest were friends. Then he asked if I hoped this one was a girl & he pointed to my belly. I was appalled! I finally fit back into my size four jeans & I may have gained a little weight, but how did he know I was pg?!?!? Now I'm super self conscious about what I wear. Thank god for the upcoming winter months. Hopefully I can figure out how to hide this better.

My grandfathers brother was like this too. It was as if he could smell pregnant people. When I was pregnant with my first, I hadn't even taken a test yet just had an idea and he CALLED to tell me I was pregnant and not to worry it was only one. LOL Talk about creepy. Then I saw him about 3 months later at my grandmothers funeral and he felt my stomach and told me it was a boy. He doesn't have a vision for anything else just babies. So weird!

LisaS October 27th, 2012 08:58 AM

So glad I'm not the only one with this issue! I'm normally pretty skinny and I have small boobs, so any belly pudge is super obvious. Ugh!

~*Kudzu*~ October 27th, 2012 09:33 AM

I'm so thankful I wear scrubs! They are very forgiving. I am super bloated, too, already but I just claimed it as putting on my winter layer since I tend to gain weight in the cold and we already have snow on the ground.
Baggy clothes, but don't overdo it or it makes it more noticeable. And don't wear anything unusual for you. Good luck, ladies!

j&jmom October 28th, 2012 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phantomsgrl11 (Post 26702723)
My grandfathers brother was like this too. It was as if he could smell pregnant people. When I was pregnant with my first, I hadn't even taken a test yet just had an idea and he CALLED to tell me I was pregnant and not to worry it was only one. LOL Talk about creepy. Then I saw him about 3 months later at my grandmothers funeral and he felt my stomach and told me it was a boy. He doesn't have a vision for anything else just babies. So weird!

That is amazing!