JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   i wonder what my chances are (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2589194-i-wonder-what-my-chances.html)

laurenicole October 26th, 2012 08:33 PM

i wonder what my chances are

Of having another set of twins. When i was pregnant with the girls i joked that i was having twins before i knew because at 7 or 8 weeks i was able to lightly press above my pubic bone and feel the little lump where my uterus was. After noticing this, i found out while reading my pregnancy book that feeling that at that point meant multiples, or being farther along than you think. So i made jokes about having twins thinking i was just farther along. Well, it was twins. Well, I'm feeling that little lump again. I'm fairly thin so it's not hard to find. Now I'm kinda freaking out. Haha

TeresaMomTo2Boys October 26th, 2012 08:59 PM

Re: i wonder what my chances are

I have never had twins but at high risk for them and can feel that lump but im hoping that's just because I'm thin and not twins. Good luck either way for you!

8miraclez October 26th, 2012 10:50 PM

Chances are higher to have twins again if you've already had 1 set. We have NO twins in our family, and 2 ultrasounds later, I'm safe to say there is just 1.

ashnicole86 October 27th, 2012 06:39 AM

I've heard that your chances are higher if you already have a set of twins. My Aunt actually had two sets of fraternal twins.

laurenicole October 27th, 2012 07:09 AM

Mom2aiden: the uterus usually isn't up past the pubic bone this soon (from what i have read), so even with us being thin it wouldn't normally be felt this early on. I have seen somewhere that sometimes if it's not the first pregnancy it can be felt sooner, but being it's exactly what happened to me last time and it was twins it kind of makes me wonder.. Twins are fun but the thought of another set scares me. Lol. Now I'm interested to find out if it means anything for you :)

Lindz253 October 27th, 2012 09:37 AM

I was just going to say maybe since you have had twins before that your uterus just pops right back out sooner? Im interested to see if you are having one or two!

ERose October 27th, 2012 10:19 AM

We have twins and triplets on my side of the family...I would LOVE twins, would be a lot of work especially when step-daughter comes to stay...4 kids! But I think it would be so amazing to have twins :)

Triplets...not so much haha! My aunt had identical triplet boys...adorable but more than a handful lol!

MrsLat October 27th, 2012 12:30 PM

I am in the same boat.. freaking out because I have already had a set of twins and had a miscarriage at 7 weeks with a second set... My doctor said the rate of natural twins is about 1 in 70, and it goes to 1 in 14 for a second set. I am freaking out that I won't know for another 3 weeks :(