JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   I don't think my OB (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2589233-i-dont-think-my-ob.html)

safarilime October 27th, 2012 06:01 AM

I don't think my OB

Is excited about me having another one.... My last pregnancy (recently) was bad. All kinds of problems and I am high risk. I saw for the first time in nine months and all she said was so we are doing this again... Kinda hurt my feelings because I felt close with her with Carter and was actually excited to see her again. But didn't feel that in return.

Maybe just my hormones or something but it hurt my feelings.

wanttobeinvienna October 27th, 2012 06:33 AM

Re: I don't think my OB

That had to have been frustrating to hear... but you never know where she was coming from that day- maybe it was an off day for her?
I hope the best for you at your next appt!

CartersMommy October 27th, 2012 06:41 AM

:( The dr is there to support you and provide you with medical advice and procedures.... not to have an opinion on the pregnancy. I am so sorry

D&K's_mama October 27th, 2012 06:58 AM

Ugh I would've felt the same as you if she said that to me :(....maybe it was a bad day for her...hopefully your next apointments will go bettrr!!!

Kyla0709 October 27th, 2012 07:03 AM

I kind of know how you feel. I don't know if I'm imagining it or not, but I always feel discriminated against, too. I'm sure it's just my imagination. I feel like people are really surprised that I'll have three kiddos before I'm 25, not that I care much about what people think, but still.

Karenna October 27th, 2012 07:03 AM

OMG I cant believe she had that response! :( I am so sorry that she was upsupportive....hopefully next time she will be more supportive...I dont mean to be nosey but can I ask what kind of complications you had with the last pregnancy that might have made her respond that way?

Farmers-wife October 27th, 2012 07:06 AM

My ob sends me thank you notes. His staff on the other hand isn't always thrilled to see me!

safarilime October 27th, 2012 08:19 AM

I had preeclampsia and my blood pressure was in the 200's and had pregnancy carple tunnel and rhinitis then asthma... It was one thing after another when they decided to take Carter I was 35 weeks and we both when into distress.

Lindz253 October 27th, 2012 09:35 AM

Im sorry you didn't get the warm welcome you were wanting. She could have shown concern for your health plus still been welcoming. I sure hope you don't have to go through all that again!

~*Nicole*~ October 27th, 2012 09:40 AM

That's too bad that she said that :( People, especially a female OB, should know how easy it is for a pregnant woman to take things personally. It sucks when you feel like you have a good rapport with someone until they do something that makes you think twice!

navywifey2003 October 27th, 2012 11:54 AM

I had pre-e with my first and it did not present in my 2nd or 3rd pregnancy. I hope the same for you.

Kyla0709 October 27th, 2012 12:12 PM

Yeah, I had preeclampsia pretty bad with my first, with my second I had it, but it was so mild.

Karenna October 27th, 2012 01:44 PM

Ugh im so sorry to hear you had such a hard time :( sounds like you were in so much discomfort! I hope that with this pregnancy things go much smoother for you!