JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Spotting after vaginal ultrasound and exam? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2589264-spotting-after-vaginal-ultrasound-and-exam.html)

Hopeful2BMommy October 27th, 2012 08:09 AM

Spotting after vaginal ultrasound and exam?

On Thursday, I got to see my little bean flashing on the u/s. I've been spotting since and have read that it can be totally normal. I'm just curious how many of you have some bleeding after us and/or exam? I can't help but to worry even though it seems normal. If you do, how much, for how long, what color?

TeresaMomTo2Boys October 27th, 2012 08:23 AM

Re: Spotting after vaginal ultrasound and exam?

I just had a pap smear and cervix exam no u/s but I started with a bit of bleeding and dr said it's just your cervix is sensitive and irritated and then it turned to brown spotting. I had it on and off for 12 hrs yesterday as well as cramping a bit but much better today.

Lindz253 October 27th, 2012 09:31 AM

Did you have a vaginal US done? Did you have a pap afterwards?

I declined having a pap because I didn't want to spot. Spotting after an exam is definitely normal. I would think it wouldn't be very much and would turn brown and stop by the next day.

Duh, I just read on the title you had a vag US. I didn't have a vaginal one so Im not sure but Im sure since its something inside you it can irritate things. I would try not to worry. :hug:

Hopeful2BMommy October 27th, 2012 09:43 AM

I didn't have a pap, but he did insert the speculum and do a vaginal us. It was pink, but now it's more like brown discharge like at the end of period. It's not much and only when I wipe. No cramping, but it scares me!

MerinSun October 27th, 2012 10:07 AM

My midwife refused to do my pap because of the potential for spotting. She says it does nothing but cause unwarranted worry and fear, not to mention discomfort. My pap smear is moved to a later date in my pregnancy where the chance of any spotting is very low.

I would say that as long as it is just spotting, pink/brown then you're fine. If it turns bright red, turns into a drizzle, or the cramping is coming regular and severe I would make an emergency appointment.

Lindz253 October 27th, 2012 10:29 AM

Any spotting is scary. Im sorry you are going through it. But thank goodness no cramping and its not bright red - and it came after an exam. All signs are looking good that you are just fine :D