JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Terrified. (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2589272-terrified.html)

eshute October 27th, 2012 08:36 AM

Terrified.

So, I've been reading all the posts and stories about women going in for their first ultra sounds even at 12, 14, 16 weeks and finding out that there's no heartbeat. Or finding out that it's just a sac and no baby. This is freaking me out! I have an ultrasound after Thanksgiving, but that's only because I opted to have the Downs Syndrome US done. Reading all this stuff, and now that my MS seems to be letting up a lot, it scares me to death. Does anyone else feeling this way? I know it's just mother nature and if it's going to happen, it's going to happen, but man it puts me on edge.

Gen88 October 27th, 2012 09:06 AM

Re: Terrified.

Don't stress about something that's out of your hands! Stress is not good for baby either. It's very normal to have those fears but don't let that turn in to negative thoughts, just keep positive and hope for the best! :)

Karenna October 27th, 2012 09:09 AM

I completly understand where your coming from. In my first pregnancy I was sooo unaware of all of the possible things that can go wrong, and to be honest it was better that way! Lol this time around I have been so nervous about everything

lil_fishy October 27th, 2012 09:19 AM

I keep dreaming that my pregnancy is non viable. I had an us and don't feel any better. We just need to have faith everything will work out ok.

elizabethchallis October 27th, 2012 09:20 AM

That's the only downfall of being in a DDC is that there are so many women with different outcomes. I was very nervous the whole 9 months with ds. That's why I opted to get a doppler at 10 weeks.

Lindz253 October 27th, 2012 09:27 AM

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. With my first and second pregnancies I was so sick in the beginning I wasn't able to get on JM a lot so I think that really helped me not worry because I didn't see all the losses happen. Will this be your first appt, the one after Thanksgiving? If you have an appt before that you might be able to hear the heartbeat on a doppler. The chance of M/C after hearing a heartbeat significantly decreases.

~*Kudzu*~ October 27th, 2012 09:28 AM

I am right there with you. I have a hx of early loss... so thats really all I can think about. I am trying to go with the theory of "if I'm not bleeding, and I'm not cramping... then me and bean are FINE". I have my first OB appt next week... I'm hoping for an in office US. I want to feel better, too! :)

QueenCrafty October 27th, 2012 09:41 AM

I feel the same way. My first pregnancy was so easy, and the thought of m/c never crossed my mind. After a m/c and then a good friend's stillbirth between my first and second child, I became paranoid about everything that could possibly go wrong. I try to just take things one day at a time instead of wondering what the next day will bring.

MerinSun October 27th, 2012 10:10 AM

After my last pregnancy I learned to only read posts in response to my topics and other topics that have a smiley face ONLY. There's too much to know and the majority of it is not relevant to you. So don't worry about it :)

jl046100 October 27th, 2012 12:50 PM

Just popping in from the may ddc I felt exactly like u my first pregnancy I wasn't worried at all this time I was terrified and so worried convinced something was wrong had my first scan at 12wks and everything is fine try not to worry it's out of ur hands but I knowits hard x

loveneverfails October 27th, 2012 01:13 PM

I'm terrified. Having done IVF we know there is so much risk and so much that can go wrong. I'm so scared of going in on the 7th and there being no heartbeat. We've spent over $14000 and failed our first IVF. I just don't know if I could handle that and if we will get another chance to do IVF again. We're out of options.

8miraclez October 27th, 2012 03:36 PM

Instead of looking at the chances something could go wrong, you need to look at the chances of things being fine. You have a higher chance of not miscarrying, than you do of miscarrying. Once you see or hear a heartbeat, that chance goes up even higher. You see the extreme cases on JM, and you forget all the people not posting because everything is just fine.

eshute October 27th, 2012 08:31 PM

Thank you everyone, I hope that this has eased some of the fears for other ladies as much as it has mine.

Love you ladies!

**jessie** October 28th, 2012 03:00 AM

What you're feeling is completely normal. Try to take a deep breath and know you can only do so much- take good care of yourself and enjoy being pregnant. Even after having an u/s, the worries often still remain. It gets a tad better when you can feel kicks all the time :)

And woohoo to 9 weeks!!!

MrsLat October 28th, 2012 04:39 AM

Just try to remember than every minute you spend terrified something will go wrong, is a minute you wasted that you could have been enjoying this pregnancy. Especially when you have no history of pregnancy problems, it seems a shame that you would miss out on the magic of it all worrying about everything that could possibly go wrong.

And like someone said above, for everyone that has had problems there are many more that haven't, but they just aren't posting. Try to keep your chin up and enjoy these moments, especially because you said once that this might be your only pregnancy.