JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Alarming yet exciting trip to the OB (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2589286-alarming-yet-exciting-trip-to-ob.html)

MerinSun October 27th, 2012 09:54 AM

Alarming yet exciting trip to the OB

Last time around I went to a much more commonplace OB/Gyn arrangement where it's a group of doctors that I saw on a rotating basis. We had a lot of issues with the practice and even more grievances at the hospital that they deliver at. So, this time around, we opted to switch to a new practice and a new hospital.

My primary physicians office is a family practiced associated with a network of hospitals in the Greater Cincinnati area and works with the University of Cincinnati and Christ Hospital. This particular office is the last step a new doctor has to take before getting pushed out into the great beyond. This means that when you're seen by a "newbie" or resident ;) you will also get a quick follow-up by their supervisor who checks off on the examination or other paperwork and gets some quick feedback from you on how the doctor did.

I was nervous about going to this office because I wanted experienced people handling my health. But, over time I've come to love the different doctors and how they actually took the time to talk about EVERYTHING and answer my questions.

So, for my first pre-natal visit I was very excited to meet their resident midwife. They have ob/gyns but they like for pregnant women to be seen exclusively by the midwife with the ob/gyns kinda tagging along, lol. My midwife Michelle was incredibly funny and sweet. She has a lot of experience and was very enthusiastic about this pregnancy. She put me at ease.

Then the ultrasound!

Apparently I'm farther along than I thought! I'm at least 8 weeks along which means my due date is in MAY. And funny enough IT'S MY SON'S BIRTHDAY. May 17th.

I'm already dealing with some guilt of having my babies so close together (Meaning my first baby won't be the baby anymore) but to have the due date be his second birthday?!?! Oh boy. I'm actually PRAYING that I'm 2 weeks late again, lol.

phantomsgrl11 October 27th, 2012 09:59 AM

Re: Alarming yet exciting trip to the OB

!! yay for good appointments. =) My cousins are born exactly two years apart on the same day too. They've always done separate cakes and made sure to keep them separate. I don't think there has ever been a jealousy issue about it. They are now 29 and 27. =) It's actually kind of cool cause they have taken a lot of family trips around their birthdays so they can celebrate both of them!

MerinSun October 27th, 2012 10:04 AM

We were planning on going back to the Children's museum in Indianapolis for Alex's 2nd. I love the idea of taking birthday vacations for children. Even if it's just a day trip.

But with my due date right on top of the birthday I'm thinking we should celebrate (or at least do the trip) a month or two earlier. I just want to give him his day :)

MamaSkunk October 27th, 2012 10:22 AM

My DH and his brother are exactly two years apart. Both share the same birthday. And their bdays are 9 months after there moms bday. Ironically both were adopted but as kids they didnt know they were adopted and as kids they just figured they knew what mom got on her bday Lmao :)

Lindz253 October 27th, 2012 10:28 AM

Im glad you had a great appointment! I live in KY, about 5 mins from downtown Cincy. I have never "met" anyone on JM living so close to me before!

QueenCrafty October 27th, 2012 10:52 AM

I'm glad you had a great appointment! Most of DH's family lives in the northern KY/Cincinnati area