JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Twilight Fans? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2595898-twilight-fans.html)

Hopeful2BMommy November 15th, 2012 03:01 PM

Twilight Fans?

Are there any Twilight fans here? I didn't read any of the books, but I LOVE the movies! I just reserved Breaking Dawn part 1 at redbox and had Hubby pick it up on the way home. I can't wait to watch part 2, but it looks like I'll have to. Hubby likes the movies too, and he is on call until next Friday. Boo...

mommyandwife08 November 15th, 2012 03:22 PM

Re: Twilight Fans?

I do! I was against them forever and then i watched the first movie when my DH was TDY and i was hooked. I got all the books and read them in 4 days. The books are better but the movies are good too. I am looking forward to seeing the last one but I am going to wait until they are less crowded. My DH will NOT be going with me so it will be my quiet time away :smile:

Steph625 November 15th, 2012 03:22 PM

I DO!!!! I'm actually seeing Breaking Dawn Part 2 tonight! Woo hoo!!

Mrs. D November 15th, 2012 03:42 PM

I'm not a real fan of the movies, but I love the books. I've probably read all the books ten times by now. I'm going to see Breaking Dawn pt. 2 tomorrow with some friends.

navywifey2003 November 15th, 2012 04:08 PM

I'm not a big fan. I only really enjoyed the first movie. And I thought the first part of breaking dawn was boring.

enchantingdragon November 15th, 2012 04:51 PM

Im a huge fan of Twilight the book and like New Moon and Eclipse but I hate hate hate Breaking Dawn. I actually couldnt finish the book I was so upset and its the first and only book I ever tossed across the room at one point. Im not of the movies either but for me its a casting issue more or less as thats not my Edward in any shape way or form. Twilight the book though is one of my favorites for sure.

navywifey2003 November 15th, 2012 04:55 PM

I hate Kristen Stewart's acting in twilight but I was pleasantly surprised with her acting in Snow White and the huntsmen.

CartersMommy November 15th, 2012 04:57 PM

I <3 them! I am not 'into' it persay. But I have read all the books and seen all the movies up to this point. When I was pregos with my first I think it was the second movie that was out. Hubby and I went to see it on premiere night at like 12:30am it was fun but way to crazy. I am sure I won't be seeing the one that comes out tonight until it is on DVD :/

SassySami November 15th, 2012 05:29 PM

Going tonight to see it, love it!!

Karen78 November 15th, 2012 06:20 PM

I loved all the books. I've seen the first 3 movies, but I still have yet to see Breaking Dawn part 1!! I was just thinking today that I should get it from Redbox.... I'll probably have to see the 2nd part by myself. I'm ok with that!

8miraclez November 15th, 2012 06:59 PM

I love the books, not so much the movirs but it's because my Edward is better looking and my Bella can act. I read the books before the movies came out. I'm going to see the last movie tomorrow.

MamaSkunk November 15th, 2012 08:21 PM

Im so not a twilight fan....i read all the books...vampires shouldnt be vegan and they shouldnt sparkle dangit!! I was a Jacob fan reading the book and hated edward...and when she married edward i was pissed. And when the book had jacob bond to the infant daughter renesme it made me sick!! It was so perverted and wrong i havent watched the movies cuz i knew how ridiculous the end was gonna be!!

SassySami November 15th, 2012 11:40 PM

imprinting, has nothing to do with being a pervert. Imprinting is showing love and having a bond with someone. It has nothing to do with sex, or anything.

Maybe you should go watch the movie, you would understand more. They explain it in the movie well

MamaSkunk November 15th, 2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SassySami (Post 26773776)
imprinting, has nothing to do with being a pervert. Imprinting is showing love and having a bond with someone. It has nothing to do with sex, or anything.

Maybe you should go watch the movie, you would understand more. They explain it in the movie well

I read the books and I am very intelligent im not an idiot....i know how it was described in the books. And its still messed up that the author made jacob imprint with an infant.....so justify it however you will. Still seems perverse to me. And vampires still shouldnt sparkle...leave that to fairies. :rolleyes:

overlinmommy17 November 16th, 2012 02:37 AM

I loved loved loved the books.... way more than the movies!! I have yet to find another book series that I am totally into like those. ( suggestions appreciated) ... but I agree I had casting issues from day one.

bribugg13 November 16th, 2012 05:02 AM

I loved the books, read them all twice! I've only seen the first 2 movies though, I agree that the acting is not up to par, but I'll finish watching the series at some point! :) I even got DH to watch the first couple of movies with me! lol Miracles do happen! HA :lol:

enchantingdragon November 16th, 2012 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaSkunk (Post 26773567)
Im so not a twilight fan....i read all the books...vampires shouldnt be vegan and they shouldnt sparkle dangit!! I was a Jacob fan reading the book and hated edward...and when she married edward i was pissed. And when the book had jacob bond to the infant daughter renesme it made me sick!! It was so perverted and wrong i havent watched the movies cuz i knew how ridiculous the end was gonna be!!

I agree with you. Not so much that I think its gross (I do but if I can look over that part) I just think it was the biggest cop out for Stephanie Meyers to do. Its like she wanted a happy ending for everyone and this is what she thought of. I liked Jacob too, not as much as Edward, but I would have rather seen him bow out gracefully like a man and felt for him then to have him conveniently fall in love with Bella's daughter. It was just such a poor writing strategy in my mind and I literally chucked the book across the room and stopped reading from that point on. In my mind the Edward Bella and Jacob of Twilight were no longer the same characters in this new Breaking Dawn book and I rather live with what I loved about them in Twilight and the other books then have this new image of them from Breaking Dawn to remember them by.

Sorry I get really heated about this as I loved Twilight and I was just so so so so disappointed with how it ended for the characters I had loved so much.

Hopeful2BMommy November 16th, 2012 07:00 AM

I didn't read the books, so I don't know how imprinting was explained there, but I didn't think it was perverted in the movie. It just seemed like Jacob was just going to protect her.

edgeofelise November 16th, 2012 01:58 PM

I think all of it is just boring and awful.