JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   What the heck is wrong with me?! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2596439-what-heck-wrong-me.html)

lalap November 17th, 2012 08:23 AM

What the heck is wrong with me?!

I'm watching birth videos and freaking myself out. Haha.

edgeofelise November 17th, 2012 09:25 AM

Re: What the heck is wrong with me?!

I loved watching birth videos last time I was pregnant! They got me all pumped about labor. Is that weird? Lol

lalap November 17th, 2012 09:30 AM

Yes! I am so freaked out!!! Haha!

Maybe I'm watching the wrong videos..

Karenna November 17th, 2012 10:00 AM

I did that recently with c/s videos lol! It didnt freak me out but it sureee is yucky! ;)

Farmers-wife November 17th, 2012 10:04 AM

I love watching birth shows and critiquing them. But only when I am pregnant.

MerinSun November 17th, 2012 10:21 AM

I obsessively watched these films towards the end of my last pregnancy. My favorite one was Babies (on Netflix!) The part in the beginning where the African babies are playing with the plastic bottle and the older one WHACKS the younger one...oh man, I laughed until I almost peed myself. It was so cute, lol.

navywifey2003 November 17th, 2012 11:30 AM

I love watching birth videos. I suggest reading positive birth stories as well, there is a lot of stuff out there or people have told all the omg stuff but reading those will help.

jhmomofmany November 17th, 2012 03:35 PM

I haven't watched many videos, but I love reading birth stories. Funny thing, later in pregnancy reading birth stories is a sure way to give myself BH cx. ;)

Mrs. D November 18th, 2012 04:14 AM

I watched the baby shows on TLC all the time when I was preggo with DS. One thing that kind of freaked me out but I would still recommend it is The Business of Being Born. Very informative, even if a little scary.

QueenCrafty November 18th, 2012 07:04 AM

Loved BOBB! I did enjoy reading some positive birth stories last time in Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I get too angry when I watch the baby shows on TLC. I remember having them on the tv while my mom was over helping me sew curtains for the nursery. I kept yelling at the doctor on the tv. My mom was like "Maybe you shouldn't watch these shows anymore..."

lalap November 18th, 2012 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenCrafty (Post 26780506)
Loved BOBB! I did enjoy reading some positive birth stories last time in Ina May's Guide to Childbirth. I get too angry when I watch the baby shows on TLC. I remember having them on the tv while my mom was over helping me sew curtains for the nursery. I kept yelling at the doctor on the tv. My mom was like "Maybe you shouldn't watch these shows anymore..."

LOL. Love it.

navywifey2003 November 18th, 2012 12:10 PM

I cant watch TLC shows either. They drive me up the wall.