JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   omg (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2598081-omg.html)

dmreed32 November 22nd, 2012 03:12 AM

omg

I was searching around and came up with this link of what I will need for twins Life with A & W: Registry Recommendations for Twins

Holy cow I'm going to have a panic attack!:eek:

wanttobeinvienna November 22nd, 2012 05:01 AM

Re: omg

Haha, that is a pretty long list...but a little over the top, I think! You won't need all of that the day you bring the babies home!

shen7 November 22nd, 2012 07:17 AM

It is just like most one-baby lists I have seen except with double quantities on most things :) and like most baby lists, it is way more stuff than you need. I think all you really need is car seats, diapers, some clothing, a place they can sleep with mattress protector and extra sheets, swaddling blankets, feeding stuff if you FF (and I think most twin mamas at least supplement for awhile), and a couple of baby carriers. The other stuff you can wait and see if you really need it. Especially all the chairs, bouncers, etc and med kit stuff. And the clothing looks like a lot when it is broken down but it really isn't necessary to have X gowns vs Y onesies and Z sleepers, etc. Accept any hand me downs and gifts offered and you may have more than enough baby clothing without spending a dime ;)

Honestly I hate these Lists. They made me so freaked as a FTM. I tried to go super minimalist with my registry and STILL ended up with junk I never used, like gripe water and saline drops and a Bumbo seat. Everybody finds out what THEY need and use and it is always a subset of a list like that, not the whole thing!

SassySami November 22nd, 2012 07:36 AM

You do not need all that, all they need is love :)

briellelynette November 22nd, 2012 09:26 AM

That's a lot, I had premie twins and didn't need a ton of stuff that soon. Only thing I did have to get at the end was more premie clothes. :)

terese81 November 22nd, 2012 11:41 AM

Check out twin sales! It is a long list, so, buying second hand is a good idea if you need to. What I DIDN'T have when my boys were born was a double stroller. I NEEDED a double stroller!!! NEEDED!! So, definitely invest in that! I also had two swings, that was a must too. Obviously, double everything. :/ You just need to start buying now!

I second Brielle. My twins were preemies, and I didn't take them out of the house for about 3 months.

bluesparkles November 22nd, 2012 03:51 PM

and they can't use an exersaucer or bouncy thingy until about 5 months anyways, so hold off on that. I think the amount of sheets/burp cloths/linens is a bit much as well. Also, you'll quickly discover what kind of clothing you like best. I personally HATED the gowns with the elastic on the bottoms. So, if you get a bunch of those now, you'll find that you never every use them. You already have a son, so you know what worked for you last time. Most likely, that will work again with a couple of adaptations.