JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   TMI question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2598123-tmi-question.html)

Hopeful2BMommy November 22nd, 2012 06:25 AM

TMI question

Is this normal? After I've had orgasms, I've had some intense cramping just for a minute after. Is it normal for the cramping to stop? I did this morning expecting cramping, but didn't cramp. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad it didn't hurt. Just wondering why it would hurt every time until now?

Mom2LillieAidan November 22nd, 2012 06:42 AM

Re: TMI question

I've had the same problem. It's actually one of the reasons I avoid DTD.. Not to mention I'm just not interested.

Joanne Nicole November 22nd, 2012 09:13 AM

It's normal, but doesn't happen every time. I'm not sure exactly why it happens sometimes and not others. Maybe it has to do with how relaxed you are?

Sorry, in advance...this is probably TMI...but for some reason I've been having lots of THOSE kinds of dreams at night, and having oodles of orgasms while I sleep. I had 4 last night. So weird. When I'm awake I have absolutely no libido, but when I'm asleep apparently I'm raring to go! Anyways....those orgasms never cause cramping. But when I'm actively trying for one (when I'm awake), it usually ends up with some cramping.

Anyways, I have no idea if that's actually the reason. Just my experience.

Kalynas_Mom November 22nd, 2012 09:21 AM

Honestly i think its dependent on how intense the orgasm is. the more intense the more cramping? at least it's been that way in my experience. I've always experienced some cramping after orgasm in the first and second trimester

Rissa6213 November 23rd, 2012 10:56 AM

Totally normal. When you are pregnant everything down there has more blood pumping to it, and when you orgasm even when you're not pregnant it causes contractions up into your uterus. You just notice it more when you are pregnant with everything being more sensitive and it can cause cramping. My doctor said its perfectly normal as long as the cramping stops within a half hour or so, and not accompanied by spotting or bleeding. She also told me that baby enjoys the rocking motion of sex, and when you are farther along an orgasm can feel like a little massage to it! Baby also enjoys the nice relaxed euphoric feeling you get after climax :-) so no worries!

And @joanna

I've been doing the same thing! So weird!!

MerinSun November 23rd, 2012 11:38 AM

Sex always put my baby to sleep. Once it was over he'd wake up and start kicking me HARD as if to say "HEY! Keep rocking!" lol