JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Christmas Tree-OT (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2598432-christmas-tree-ot.html)

TeresaMomTo2Boys November 23rd, 2012 08:19 PM

Christmas Tree-OT

Off topic but now that Thanksgiving is over, who has there tree up already ? I just put ours up today. It's a small 4.5", tablets pre-lit but it's our tree.

http://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...9da02974be.jpg

beatlechicksteph November 23rd, 2012 09:04 PM

Re: Christmas Tree-OT

We don't set up a tree. We never spend Christmas at home, we travel. So I don't decorate or set up a tree or anything, when I know for the 2 weeks surrounding Christmas and New Years we'll be in a different state.

navywifey2003 November 24th, 2012 12:06 AM

We haven't yet. Probably will in the next week or so.

SassySami November 24th, 2012 02:57 AM

hopefully tomorrow or sunday :)

can not wait to go cut down our tree :)

briellelynette November 24th, 2012 04:28 AM

I like your tree !! The kids did it yesterday with their dad, they were a little disappointed because they had to put the 7 1/2 tree, vs. the 9 foot. We moved a few months ago from tx and had higher ceilings. But they are more happy that daddy is home this year and not deployed. Very thankful.

wanttobeinvienna November 24th, 2012 04:36 AM

Not yet, but soon! Can't wait :)

Mrs. D November 24th, 2012 04:59 AM

We put up our tree today. Just a 6.5 ft pre-lit artificial tree. DS really wanted one "with snow on it", so while he was napping DH whipped up some fake snow (a mixture of soap and liquid starch) and we flocked the tree together. DS was very excited to see his very own snowy tree when he woke up. :)

sunnydaze November 24th, 2012 05:42 AM

I hope to get mine up today. The kids seem less interested in decorating it anymore. If not today, we will tomorrow.

edgeofelise November 24th, 2012 06:09 AM

We get a real tree, so I like to wait until the second week of December or so. Pine needles all over the place make me crazy! Ours is just a small tabletop tree since we live in such a tiny apartment, but it does the job. :)

Steph625 November 24th, 2012 07:01 AM

We put up our tree up and decorated yesterday morning. We had Christmas music and played around. It was a lot of fun.

phantomsgrl11 November 24th, 2012 08:23 AM

We'll be doing it soon! Growing up the christmas tree always went up christmas eve and was taken down on Little Christmas (Feast of the Epiphany) as it was just family tradition to only have it up for those 2 weeks. We always grew up thinking that Christmas was day one of the twelve days of christmas leading up to the feast on the 6th when Jesus was baptised. I think it's from my grandfathers Polish roots cause I know my grandmother never celebrated it that way - it was from his side. I like to try and include some of that for my kids because that way it makes the christmas magic last a little longer and you get two celebrations. ;)

Since getting married, DH wants it up as soon as Thanksgiving is over and wants it down the day after christmas!

Mom2LillieAidan November 24th, 2012 08:26 AM

We don't do ours until after Dec 1.

ashleykathleen November 24th, 2012 08:27 AM

We are still out of town so we will set it up in the next few days after we get back home.

TeresaMomTo2Boys November 24th, 2012 10:27 AM

Ours is artificial as well. Im allergic to pine but I always was the one to decorate the live tree as I felt dh(at the time) couldn't do it right lol

rcjh12 November 24th, 2012 11:01 AM

We don't usually put ours up this early, but we were doing some rearranging anyway so we got it out last night and decorated today.

bluesparkles November 24th, 2012 01:27 PM

we put ours up yesterday and decorated it today. It's massive. 7.5 ft, but it has a footprint of about 6 ft diameter. I love it! I haven't finished the tree skirt I'm making yet though. hopefully monday.

I'm also allergic to pine. So we've always done artificial. Actually, I've only ever used 2 trees in my life. My parents had the same tree every year until I got married and then hubby and I bought our own, which we still use. 10 years, and still beautiful!

QueenCrafty November 24th, 2012 02:04 PM

We drove up to the mountains today with my dad to pick our tree. DH decided to get 2 this year- an 8' for our family room and a 5' for the girls' ornaments upstairs. We'll need a few more ornaments to decorate the kid tree since we've never done a second one before. The trees are up but we won't decorate until tomorrow. I love Christmas!

mommy220 November 24th, 2012 03:12 PM

We plan to get ours next weekend. We go to a tree farm and cut our own. We usually get it the weekend after Thanksgiving but decided to wait a week because it usually gets dried out by Christmas.

crawmommy November 24th, 2012 08:01 PM

We move Dec 3 so we will go cut down our tree they 7th or 8th and decorate it asap since we are doing family pics the 9th in front of the tree :)

LisaS November 25th, 2012 08:11 AM

We went and cut ours down the day after Thanksgiving. DH put up all the outside lights that day, and finished up the tree lights yesterday. DD is dying to put up ornaments, but we want to wait and see if MIL wants to join in on the tree decorating fun. Either way, it'll be decorated tonight. We always get it right after Thanksgiving and the tree lasts just fine up to a week after Christmas.