JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Cat ALMOST out! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2598622-cat-almost-out.html)

brysonsmom November 24th, 2012 07:22 PM

Cat ALMOST out!

So some of you might know my history with keeping this pregnancy from my family. Well a few weeks back when we thought that I was miscarrying, we ended up telling my parents and sister. BUT with everything going on with my brother and his wife, I was not ready for them to find out (she delivered twins a month ago at 26w and these little boys have really been fighting since).

After our appointment this Wednesday, I am ready to let everyone know, BUT I obviously need to tell them first. How should I go about doing this? I just feel really bad for all of the stress and emotional roller coaster that they have been going through and she has mentioned it being hard to be around pregnant women (because she should still be pregnant). I am just SOOOOO nevrous (I hid my last pregnancy from them for a while too because they were going through infertility, and didn't get the best response)

Kyla0709 November 24th, 2012 09:50 PM

Re: Cat ALMOST out!

You are such a sweet sister/SIL. I'm sure they'll be very happy for you and not condemning at all! That's just awful about her twins, but good that they're still fighting. Don't be too afraid to tell everyone just because of their situation, your family can be happy for you and nervous/happy for them at the same time. Tell them when you're ready.

CartersMommy November 25th, 2012 11:45 AM

Awe Sherry Hugs!! I say just come out and tell her it might sting a little but better off than keeping a secret from her might hurt more. How are the twins boys doing??

MrsLat November 25th, 2012 02:51 PM

Thought I would share--I delivered 24 week twins. When I was going through the whole NICU experience, it was really hard for me to hear about pregnant women. However, I was more hurt when I found out they didn't want to tell me because it was upsetting to me. I guess I would just say that she may have a little bit of a hard time handling the news, but she will be okay. And after my daughter started doing better in the hospital, my whole mood lifted and I could be happy for people again.

I am so sorry to hear about her twins. I just wouldn't keep it from her for tooo long, or her feelings might be more hurt, if you know what I mean?

brysonsmom November 25th, 2012 07:10 PM

Thank you so much, that really helps. I am sure that they will be happy, but I guess that I just feel guilty because this is number 4 (even though we have had major infertility and dealt with miscarriage). I want everyone to be as excited as we are, but reality is, that is just not the case :-(
I think I will call her personally (instead of my brother) one day this week and hopefully she will be okay. I don't wnt it seem that I am rubbing it in her face, etc. so I will just have to hink about how to approach it.