JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Sweetest Ultrasound photo- Unsettling news (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2603392-sweetest-ultrasound-photo-unsettling-news.html)

CartersMommy December 7th, 2012 06:21 PM

Sweetest Ultrasound photo- Unsettling news

So I had my appt today! The good news is we got to see a sweet baby measuring 12 weeks (I think I should only be 11 weeks 1 day). We got the best picture of baby every and got to see little dancing feet and the baby rubbing its hands on its face! *Love*

The very unsettling news we got is that I 100% have placenta accreta where the placenta is growing through the normal bounds of the uterus and into the myometrium or the uterine wall. The very terrible news is that in one small part the placenta has grown though the myometrium and into the bladder this is a small spot but now they are expecting it will be come placenta increta which is where the placenta grows and attaches to other organs in the body.

We made it clear to our 'team' of drs and yes it really is a 'team' that termination at any point is 100% unacceptable to us. They seem to not have gotten that message the first time around :/ But honestly I am scared to death but I look at it like this there is nothing I would not do for my children. If I have to have a hysterectomy or loose my bladder to give my child life I look at those as just set backs... I still get to live and I am giving this sweet baby a chance to live. Though I know God is in control of all. He placed us on this journey and I am going to do my darnedest to give him grace while walking though it.

CartersMommy December 7th, 2012 06:26 PM

Re: Sweetest Ultrasound photo- Unsettling news

FORGOT to add my picture!!
http://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.just...ae10d2e471.jpg

eshute December 7th, 2012 06:29 PM

Wow. I can not imagine everything you are going through. You are so very strong! I honestly don't know what else to say, so I'll just let you know you're in my thoughts and prayers!

morgankaedenmadisonsmommy December 7th, 2012 06:32 PM

I've never heard of that before. Is there any way that it won't happen or correct itself? Thoughts and prayers for you momma!
Super cute baby!

CartersMommy December 7th, 2012 06:34 PM

eshute I can not say enough about the staff at Magee is that where you will deliver? Though some people push their opinion a little much they have given me better care than I can imagine. Like red alert all staff in the MFM office briefed on my case so everyone is aware. They all are so sweet and I had an ultrasound tech even giving us cafe food recommendations after I got teary eyed when they said hospitalization is probably going to be a definite at some point! We are blessed to live in Pittsburgh

Quote:

Originally Posted by morgankaedenmadisonsmommy (Post 26851265)
I've never heard of that before. Is there any way that it won't happen or correct itself? Thoughts and prayers for you momma!
Super cute baby!

Unfortunately it will not correct itself it is attached where it is as it grows it could God willing grow in the other direction and not grow anymore into my bladder. Specific prayer would be for it to grow away from the bladder.

shen7 December 7th, 2012 06:38 PM

Wow that is a great pic!!! :)

That is very distressing news about the placenta increta. I totally understand your desire to not terminate but I just wonder about the details of the risks to you? As someone who had an embryo removed (along with the whole fallopian tube) due to a ruptured ectopic, sometimes it really is a matter of saving the life of the mother (in my case VERY obvious as I was going to bleed to death within hours without the surgery). If it is already growing into the bladder there may be a pretty severe risk of reaching a vital organ... I am not a dr of course and I don't really know. I hope it does not come to that of course, and that any physical effects on you from carrying to term would be manageable somehow. So sorry you are dealing with this :(
:dothug:

navywifey2003 December 7th, 2012 06:42 PM

I am so sorry Hun! How did you know that it was a possibility? Thinking of you!

CartersMommy December 7th, 2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shen7 (Post 26851279)
Wow that is a great pic!!! :)

That is very distressing news about the placenta increta. I totally understand your desire to not terminate but I just wonder about the details of the risks to you? As someone who had an embryo removed (along with the whole fallopian tube) due to a ruptured ectopic, sometimes it really is a matter of saving the life of the mother (in my case VERY obvious as I was going to bleed to death within hours without the surgery). If it is already growing into the bladder there may be a pretty severe risk of reaching a vital organ... I am not a dr of course and I don't really know. I hope it does not come to that of course, and that any physical effects on you from carrying to term would be manageable somehow. So sorry you are dealing with this :(
:dothug:

To tell you the truth I have a team of perintologists, maternal fetal medicine drs and uroligists (as of today) and they just do not know. In most inccreta cases the placenta grows into the bladder, ovaries sometimes the abdomen. I am sure there are cases where a placenta invades the bladder, and moves on to other organs but they never said that. I mean there is a definite risk of me losing my bladder. A serious risk. But there is a great chance that baby can make it to term while placenta takes up residence there. Now to give you perspective out of the entire placenta the part currently attached to my bladder is like 1cm. So the majority of the placenta is still either in the myometrium. We will only get more answers as we get further along. I am so sorry for your previous loss.

shen7 December 7th, 2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CartersMommy (Post 26851301)

To tell you the truth I have a team of perintologists, maternal fetal medicine drs and uroligists (as of today) and they just do not know. In most inccreta cases the placenta grows into the bladder, ovaries sometimes the abdomen. I am sure there are cases where a placenta invades the bladder, and moves on to other organs but they never said that. I mean there is a definite risk of me losing my bladder. A serious risk. But there is a great chance that baby can make it to term while placenta takes up residence there. Now to give you perspective out of the entire placenta the part currently attached to my bladder is like 1cm. So the majority of the placenta is still either in the myometrium. We will only get more answers as we get further along. I am so sorry for your previous loss.

Your medical team sounds absolutely awesome. It is so relieving to be in good medical care when something so difficult arises. I really really hope that the placenta decides not to grow out anymore since it is just a tiny bit on the bladder, and that you will be okay when baby comes out, and baby too. You are a brave mama :) hugs, I will be watching your updates and hoping things turn out great.

zkat December 7th, 2012 07:43 PM

I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers

And such a good looking baby

MamaSkunk December 7th, 2012 08:40 PM

Oh gosh sweetie you sound just like me. I would do anything for my kids. I will be praying for you everyday that you have this SWEET little baby with as few complications as possible. And I pray that the Divine Mother herself will intercede on your behalf. Sounds like you have a great team of drs. But miracles do happen that even drs cant understand! And Im gonna pray for a miracle for you! Hugggggsss hun! :dothug: pm me if you need to talk at all

dmreed32 December 7th, 2012 09:11 PM

I have never heard of that and am so sorry you are dealing with it. I commend you for your attitude. Itsamazing. I will be thinking of you and hoping for the best possible outcome

sunnydaze December 8th, 2012 02:00 AM

I know nothing about this. Will the placenta growing into different places effect how your baby grows?

mommy220 December 8th, 2012 03:57 AM

Beautiful ultrasound pic. I am so sorry about the news you got. I think you are doing the right thing, just take it a day at a time and keep watching it. I hope baby is able to be delivered safely and that there are minimal damages to your bladder. :dothug:

terese81 December 8th, 2012 05:15 AM

Wow. You are so incredibly strong and extremely selfless!! Praying for you the whole way! I want to hear updated frequently on how you're doing!!

Kisses-4-Baby December 8th, 2012 05:52 AM

Hi there, lurking from the July DDC. I just wanted to say that if God has brought you to it, He will bring you through it. Ill be praying for you xo

Mom2LillieAidan December 8th, 2012 06:41 AM

Wow. I can't imagine going through what you are. You will be in my thoughts for the next 6 months. Hugs

Kyla0709 December 8th, 2012 06:50 AM

I'm so sorry you have to cope with this much worry for the next 7 or 8 months! You are so very brave, and I hope you keep on with that bravery. I will be praying for your health and your baby's. Such a great pic, by the way!

Melliesbelly December 8th, 2012 07:37 AM

Oh my goodness, that is so scary. :( I'll be keeping you and baby in my thoughts.

QueenCrafty December 8th, 2012 07:43 AM

Wow, what an ordeal you have been given. I am keeping you and baby in my thoughts! I imagine you are having routine u/s to check on the condition? Is there anything that can be done to prevent the placenta from growing further into your bladder while baby is still inside?