JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Acne? boy or girl?? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2604287-acne-boy-girl.html)

overlinmommy17 December 11th, 2012 05:49 AM

Acne? boy or girl??

I have had terrible acne so far with this pregnancy. I don't remember ever having it this bad with my boys... is this more a little girl thing???? I sure hope so! :p

sunnydaze December 11th, 2012 05:55 AM

Re: Acne? boy or girl??

I have really good skin, normally. With both my previous pregnancies I would break out on my forehead/hairline and along my jawline.

I am noticing with this pregnancy, I've had like 3 pimples on my shoulders :( It's so gross. I bought the nutragena bodywash yesterday.

Mom2LillieAidan December 11th, 2012 07:19 AM

I don't remember having acne at all with DD but I'm broke out like crazy this time. It's gross.. I didn't even have acne this bad as a teen..

bribugg13 December 11th, 2012 07:33 AM

I think it's supposed to be an "it's a girl" myth ;) I can't remember if I broke out at all or not with Connor though!

ashleykathleen December 11th, 2012 07:53 AM

For me, my skin was perfect all 9 months with DD. With DS, I broke out like a 13 year old. This time my face is pretty clear, occasional pimple but nothing like with my son...I'm leaning toward girl for this (and many other) reason.

navywifey2003 December 11th, 2012 09:22 AM

I have had bad acne all 3 times.

overlinmommy17 December 11th, 2012 09:24 AM

Oh man , i was hoping it was holding true for a little girl:(

MrsLat December 11th, 2012 12:42 PM

Maybe it does mean a little girl for you :) Did you have it with your sons? It is supposed to be a girl thing... but I got it pretty bad with my DS. But I will cross my fingers for you! I am hoping for a little girl too, but my skin hasn't been too bad.

bobbiejo1982 December 11th, 2012 04:59 PM

I got it bad i know that much...lol :(

DaniB+3 December 11th, 2012 05:36 PM

My skin was gorgeous when i was pregnant with my twin girls but disgusting when i was pregnant with my son. it is also a serious mess this time around so based purely on my personal experience it would lead me to believe that it is a boy thing. Or a singleton thing LOL.

MissyBee December 11th, 2012 05:47 PM

My face is HORRIBLE. Ugh, so so so gross. It's making me crazy. I'm gonna hold out hope with you that it's a girl thing! haha.

proudMoM26 December 11th, 2012 06:05 PM

I also had some on/off acne with DD,. but it had also disappeared when she was born!! Goodluck, hope you also had a girl!!

linz4233 December 12th, 2012 01:02 PM

I am hoping for a little girl myself, currently twelve weeks and five days :)
Acne is pretty bad for me, it's hitting me more on the lower parts of my face, especially on the jaw.
My friend has had two little girls and both times, terrible acne so that gives me some hope that I will be blessed with a daughter.

dkd16 December 13th, 2012 06:55 AM

I broke out with my daughter for about the first 4-5 months, then after that...clear skin!! Now I am breaking out the same way...I am almost 4 months pregnant and they said it looks like a boy. I guess it doesn't make a difference. :-)

4hearts December 13th, 2012 07:45 AM

I hope you get your girl but yea, I broke out with DS and this one and had great skin with both DD pregnancies.

It may just turn out that it's the opposite of what you normally experience either way that counts. It's a good sign that you didn't break out with the boys but have with this one. *girl vibes* to you.. send me some boy vibes pls.. haha!! :D

MamaSkunk December 13th, 2012 08:59 AM

With DD I broke out a bit during the first tri....then I had amazing skin the rest of my pregnancy. I broke out a few weeks ago....but my skin is already starting to clear up. Im also hoping and feeling girl this time.

lalap December 13th, 2012 02:57 PM

I always have acne prone skin, so I can't tell much difference. I think it might even be a little better. Sadly, I have gotten some bumps on my back, and that grosses me out to no end.