JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Team Green, anybody else going to torture themselves???? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2604828-team-green-anybody-else-going-to-torture-themselves.html)

princess136 December 12th, 2012 12:28 PM

Team Green, anybody else going to torture themselves????

Not sure if this has been posted or not before becuase my pregnancy brain can't remember much of anything lately :o

We have decided not to find out. Honestly it is my husband's desire not to know and with my two daughters (from a previous marriage) I did find out so. I am a planner and I love to shop specifically for girl or boy, especially for all the cute hair bows and things for little girls.

Anyways, I was so excited to find some baby bedding that isn't just plain old green or plain old yellow. It is so cute, it is from a website called Beyond Bedding. Love it!!! It is gray, white and has splashes of yellow. I am sold!

That is helping to make the not knowing part easier for me.

Anybody else not finding out?

Steph625 December 12th, 2012 01:13 PM

Re: Team Green, anybody else going to torture themselves????

I think we are finding out. We are waiting for a lovel 2 u/a to be scheduled near end of jan for the gender reveal and of course other things.

I am a planner too. I plan on making diaper covers and hats and what not. I would prefer to make them gender specific.

My husband didn't want to know. But I did and told him the reasons. Now he does want to find out. I would LOVE the surprise but I'm not too sure I can wait.

mommyandwife08 December 12th, 2012 02:42 PM

I am about 95% sure we are going to be team green. I sort of want to know since we already have 2 boys but I think I want the surprise more than knowing. I am excited to have my husband announce once the baby is born and all the surprise that goes along with that.

navywifey2003 December 12th, 2012 02:45 PM

We tried team green and caved. We are finding out this time.

rcjh12 December 12th, 2012 04:11 PM

We aren't finding out, but no torture here. We didn't find out with our other two either.

enchantingdragon December 12th, 2012 06:43 PM

Im finding out this time since I just moved and I need to know what to do with Drake's things, also I want to do my own newborn photos and I need time to aquire props and such so it makes sense this time for me but I didnt find out with my son and I really did enjoy it. If I have another I might go back to team green

Josie+Shpala December 12th, 2012 08:16 PM

We are team green! Did it with dd and I really loved it! After a while, the desire for us to find out wasn't strong at all and we just went with the flow.

Mitza1013 December 13th, 2012 04:47 AM

Team green here too! I don't think of it as torture. I loved not knowing with DD. And we had plenty of time to buy all the cute girl stuff after she was born. There is nothing like finding out in the delivery room who's been in there all this time. It's such an amazing surprise. I am of course dying to know like everyone else...but it's worth the wait. The baby will be in our room for the first few months any way, so we will have plenty of time to pick out cute gender specific stuff and get the room ready.

MomtoKy December 13th, 2012 04:51 AM

We were team green with our first son, but only because we couldnt tell at the ultrasound. It was an amazing experience, however this will most likely be our last child, and we want to be able to go overly blue or pink, so if we can find out at our U/S in 2 weeks we will. If we can't then we will join team green. Hoping for team pink though!

SassySami December 13th, 2012 04:56 AM

I want to be team green, Hubby not so much haha

zareen1 December 13th, 2012 07:34 AM

Hi Team Green!! If you're thinking about not finding out if it's a girl or boy, then you should know about an online baby registry that may affect your decision. It's an online registry called NotFindingOut that caters specifically to parents who are not finding out but want people to be able to buy them both gender-specific AND gender-neutral gifts. All their items are paired into girl and boy counterparts and most are offered in a gender-neutral option as well. You can register for the items you want, you just don't know whether you'll receive the girl or boy version. Once your baby is born, the gender-specific gifts are shipped to you right away so you are equipped with gender-specific items. It's fun to have some gender neutral and some gender-specific goods when you're not finding out so this registry lets you do both! For baby showers, anyone who buys you an NFO gift will bring a wrapped Preview Card that shows the item purchased for you in both the girl and boy version so that you can see what they bought you but not have the surprise ruined. No one finds out what the baby is until it's born. VERY FUN!

4hearts December 13th, 2012 07:49 AM

Team green for the 3rd out of 4 times I've been pg. We found out only with DS but the girls were both surprises. I would like to find out but DH is adamant to be surprised and I support that so I can wait again. But it is kinda torture for me, I'll admit. I want a boy pretty bad.

DaniB+3 December 13th, 2012 07:49 AM

We are Team Green. I found out with the twins and with my son, and since this is our last baby we thought it'd be fun to have a big surprise at the end. I really don't feel like it will be torture - I have two girls and one boy so I'm not aching for one gender or another. Plus a baby born in late June or early July doesn't need much more than some onesies, diapers and a boob :p.

Mom2LillieAidan December 13th, 2012 02:56 PM

As evidenced by my previous post (very likely team blue), obviously, we are finding out. And I can't wait to buy stuff for this little guy.. <3

Maybe if/when we have another, we'll be team green..

mommyandwife08 December 13th, 2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaniB+3 (Post 26869116)
We are Team Green. I found out with the twins and with my son, and since this is our last baby we thought it'd be fun to have a big surprise at the end. I really don't feel like it will be torture - I have two girls and one boy so I'm not aching for one gender or another. Plus a baby born in late June or early July doesn't need much more than some onesies, diapers and a boob :p.

So true!!

crawmommy December 15th, 2012 10:32 PM

We didn't find out with DD and we will not with the twins either :) DH likes to announce it.

Joanne Nicole December 16th, 2012 06:11 AM

With my daughter, when we got the 20 week scan, she just wouldn't cooperate and show us the goods. The tech tried for almost an hour before giving up. My insurance wouldn't cover any more ultrasounds unless it was medically necessary, and so we resigned ourselves to not knowing. I didn't enjoy it. I wanted to know so badly! Right at the end of the pregnancy - 36 weeks - we found a coupon for a 3D ultrasound (they were just getting popular back then) and decided to try it. We weren't even thinking that we'd find out the gender because I was so far along that the technician said we'd be lucky to even get a good picture of the baby's face. Instead, as soon as the first image came up, we all knew exactly what we were looking at...girl parts! I was so excited I cried, and my husband was speechless with joy, and we just hugged each other. After the ultrasound, we spent the next hour calling everyone to tell them the news and then I spent the next few weeks buying as much girlie stuff as I could.

For me, finding out at any point is special and exciting - it just allows me to prep better when I know ahead of time. So we will definitely not be remaining team green!