JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   cleaning service (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2605002-cleaning-service.html)

dmreed32 December 12th, 2012 11:01 PM

cleaning service

Does anyone have a home cleaning service? How often do they come? I really can't justify spending the money especially when I'm home but I'm worried about the shambles my house is going to turn into. To be honest, my husband is the main cleaner at our house. I'm going to need his help with the babies though. And I also feel some kind of responsibility if I'm going to be home for 12 weeks after they are born he shouldn't have to work all day and then come home and help with the babies plus clean. Money is going to be so tight . I'm also struggling with the thought if spending money on some kind of childcare for Easton after they arrive when I will be home all summer

navywifey2003 December 13th, 2012 09:32 AM

Re: cleaning service

I have contemplated getting someone for a huge clean before the baby comes since we are homebirthing. We meant to do it with Everett but never got around to it. I think if they come once or twice that would really help you out. My parents pay 80 dollars every 2 weeks. They have a very large home so I think that they have a pretty cheap rate.

mommyandwife08 December 13th, 2012 09:38 AM

I think we might be having someone come while I am at the hospital. That way I will come home to a nice clean house so it should be easier to keep it clean...or at least that is what I am hoping. :D

sunnydaze December 13th, 2012 12:36 PM

I think it is a great idea right before the baby comes. Every room but my bedroom. I don't like my stuff touched.

QueenCrafty December 13th, 2012 03:19 PM

I used to have cleaning lady even when I was a SAHM. When I worked full time, she came twice a month for $80 each time. I have a good sized house too. When I started staying home, she came once a month for $100 each time. I don't do bathrooms and DH just never got around to them. I miss my cleaning lady!! She was so nice but now that I am back at work and I'm not allowed to vacuum, my house is a disaster.

crawmommy December 13th, 2012 04:57 PM

I think DH would poop himself if I told him I was going to hire a cleaning lady! Lol...but I am sure thinking about it once the babies come bc housework and taking care of twins and a toddler seems impossible and DH doesn't clean how I like it except he's in charge of toilet and does a grand job!

eshute December 13th, 2012 08:47 PM

My mother does home cleaning for a living, she charges $10 an hour. She can get a moderate sized home done in 4-6 hours though. My mom is small and very quick, so you'd just have to see what kind of bites you get. I think that $10 an hour is a fair price, especially when compared to a home cleaning company.

Mitza1013 December 14th, 2012 04:36 AM

I would love one and I keep hinting to DH. He just rolls his eyes at me. My parents have a lady that comes twice a month for $80 each time, but their house is alot smaller than ours. My friend who is a SAHM has a cleaning team (husband and wife) that comes in every week at $100/wk. I don't think I can swing the $100/wk while I'm off on Maternity leave because it's unpaid and money is going to be tight anyway. My SIL who doesn't work, used to have a small cleaning business. I keep hinting to her that I would pay her to help me out once in a while. She just ignores my requests.:rolleyes: I guess I can keep dreaming!

MrsLat December 14th, 2012 05:26 PM

Honestly, until reading this post, that idea never occurred to me! I have MS and cleaning is hard anyways, so with pregnancy it has been impossible! I couldn't really justify because I just have an apartment with one bathroom.. but I will have to keep it in mind when we finally buy a house. I had no idea it was that affordable to be honest. I was expecting a lot more.

Josie+Shpala December 15th, 2012 09:39 AM

We have one. She comes 4x a week.