JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Help from some Foodies pls? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2605587-help-some-foodies-pls.html)

Rossi_R December 14th, 2012 12:12 PM

Help from some Foodies pls?

This week the hunger pangs have gone into hyperdrive. And at the same time, I'm still (for now) very limited on what I'd like to eat. My appetite is still a roadblock somewhat. Naturally when I do eat, there's never a feeling of being "full enough"...and it sucks...

I'm researching high-fiber and protein rich food items but would love to know what foods work for you? There may be foods I've yet to even look into...

MrsLat December 14th, 2012 04:20 PM

Re: Help from some Foodies pls?

What foods sound good to you? Or are you having an aversion to? I have had a hard time with meat and have been craving lots of salad and vegetables.. That doesn't exactly fill me up, so I have been adding nuts and seeds to it! I add pumpkin and sunflower seeds or cashews/almonds and that really helps and tastes good too :)

When I need a snack, I have been eating celery or apples dipped in peanut butter. Peanut butter has a good amount of protein so that helps too.

For dinner tonight, we had broiled steak and whole wheat linguini with tomato salsa. It was really good and filling, lots of fiber and protein :)

j&jmom December 14th, 2012 05:06 PM

Low-fat Greek yogurt. It has more protein than regular yogurt but its still a light snack.

Rossi_R December 14th, 2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 (Post 26875298)
What foods sound good to you? Or are you having an aversion to? I have had a hard time with meat and have been craving lots of salad and vegetables.. That doesn't exactly fill me up, so I have been adding nuts and seeds to it! I add pumpkin and sunflower seeds or cashews/almonds and that really helps and tastes good too :)

When I need a snack, I have been eating celery or apples dipped in peanut butter. Peanut butter has a good amount of protein so that helps too.

For dinner tonight, we had broiled steak and whole wheat linguini with tomato salsa. It was really good and filling, lots of fiber and protein :)

I have a food aversion to all veggies, and I truly LOVE veggies. The smell of asparagus, broccoli, spinach adds to my displeasure as well.

I enjoy beef now and prior to this pregnancy I was only on poultry and fish. So overall it is ROUGH right now. My tastes seems to change every few weeks :eek:

Your linguini dish sounds OH SO GOOD right now! :smile: