JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Strange Question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2607238-strange-question.html)

Hopeful2BMommy December 20th, 2012 09:37 AM

Strange Question

This has never happened before and this is my first pregnancy. I was getting ready to shower. When i took my shirt off (wearing a white sports bra) I noticed in the mirror that both nipples looked grey in the bra. I lifted up the bra to see if it was just the color showing through, but there were 2 grey spots right where each nipple was left on the bra.

Is there a simple explanation or are you just as confused as me?!

navywifey2003 December 20th, 2012 09:47 AM

Re: Strange Question

I'm just as confused as you. It's not like lint or anything is it?

mommyandwife08 December 20th, 2012 09:49 AM

could you already be leaking?? Were the spots wet? I know I started having that pre stuff (colostrum) pretty early with my second one but I am not sure when it actually started. Sorry I am not more help.

Hopeful2BMommy December 20th, 2012 10:09 AM

It's not lint. It's like stained on the bra.
As far as leaking, I don't even know what that would be like. i sure haven't noticed it.

MamaSkunk December 20th, 2012 10:10 AM

Sweat and dirt maybe? My bbs seem to be sweaty n gross all the time when im pregnant. Colostrum is usually yellowish when dry.

Kyla0709 December 20th, 2012 10:23 AM

When I was pregnant with my first, I starting leaking pretty early, like end of the first trimester/start of the second. It wasn't the color of colostrum, more like a blueish gray color. Sure enough, it was some start of breastmilk, I could even squeeze a little out. It was like that with my second pregnancy too. I haven't gotten it yet with this one.

D&K's_mama December 20th, 2012 10:30 AM

sounds like your leaking to me!! sumtimes it will show up like a grey color..im still nursing and im always wearing a white sports bra and almost always have leak spots that show up like that!

Karen78 December 20th, 2012 11:08 AM

Sounds like colostrum. I started leaking it around 19-20 weeks last time. But it was only after I had worked out. Weird. I was like "what the heck?" so I squeezed them....yep, colostrum.

Squeeze your nips! Haha

eshute December 20th, 2012 11:12 AM

....Well, I'm glad I didn't start leaking before reading this thread because I would have completely freaked out. I'm glad someone else asked and now I'll know when it starts happening. Being a first time mom is crazy already! Thanks for asking this question btw!

overlinmommy17 December 20th, 2012 12:00 PM

Yep... You are leaking:) no worries... i had that too:)

MrsLat December 20th, 2012 02:51 PM

I started leaking this week too! It was a strange grey-ish tinted color when it dried!

Hopeful2BMommy December 20th, 2012 03:16 PM

What would I do without you girls?!
Thank you!!