JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   We have a name! Yay! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2607399-we-have-name-yay.html)

zkat December 20th, 2012 07:29 PM

We have a name! Yay!

Bodhi Lander. It is pronounced BoDEE. Dh came up with it and it feels right :). Big relief

Karen78 December 20th, 2012 07:32 PM

Re: We have a name! Yay!

Yay!! Cute!! Do you have the "DEE" in caps to clarify the pronounciation or because the emphasis is on that syllable?

zkat December 20th, 2012 07:35 PM

The pronunciation. We live in TX and I am going to spend some time explaining the pronunciation. I have already had one peron say Bode-hi?

MrsLat December 20th, 2012 07:56 PM

Cute :) I really like it!

Steph625 December 20th, 2012 08:00 PM

Very unique and cute!! I like the pronunciation! How did your hubs come up with it?

shen7 December 20th, 2012 08:18 PM

Cool name! In a more hippie area, no one would have any trouble with it. Like the Bodhi tree under which the Buddha became enlightened... of course ;) I have known a Bodhi or two in passing. Bodhi is the accepted spelling but maybe Texans would have an easier time with Bodee??

mommyandwife08 December 20th, 2012 08:21 PM

i love it!

navywifey2003 December 20th, 2012 10:35 PM

It fits in perfectly!

MissyBee December 20th, 2012 10:46 PM

Love it! I think it's super cute and unique! I'm jealous... We are never going to decide on names! :smackshead:

SassySami December 21st, 2012 12:42 AM

It is great!!

QueenCrafty December 21st, 2012 04:41 AM

I like it!

zkat December 21st, 2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shen7 (Post 26894840)
Cool name! In a more hippie area, no one would have any trouble with it. Like the Bodhi tree under which the Buddha became enlightened... of course ;) I have known a Bodhi or two in passing. Bodhi is the accepted spelling but maybe Texans would have an easier time with Bodee??

We are def. not the TX norm. I am not entirely sure how he came up with it, probably a cross between watching the movie Pointe Break and search obscure B name boards.

To give you an idea of what we are dealing with. When we announced Bourne's name, my FIL decided we could call him Bo. :brickwall:

Joanne Nicole December 21st, 2012 08:14 AM

Funny...my brother-in-law and his wife have a knack for taking nice names and then spelling them in ridiculous ways - One of their sons is named Body. Pronounced Bo-dee. Exept of course it's spelled wrong, and so everyone thinks his name is Body, as in body parts. They also have a daughter named Kayeleighe (Kaylee) and another daughter named Rubye (Ruby).

I like the name Bodhi. I dislike it when people make their kid's names necessarily difficult to spell and pronounce. Especially when it's not spelled the way it sounds! I'm sorry, but Rubye isn't pronounced Ruby! It's pronounced Rub-eye! People are silly. But then again I have a daughter named Fiona, and everyone on that side of the family considers that name to be both hoity-toity and artsy-fartsy. Can't win.

shen7 December 21st, 2012 09:20 AM

I think I've seen Bodie too. And Brodie. Rhymes with Jodie, most people seem to get that one right as far as pronunciation. It looks more like a nickname though when spelled with the "ie" at the end, to me anyway.

In the end you just have to say, screw you haters, this is ma baby's name lol. Bodhi is awesome, end of story.

zkat December 21st, 2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanne Nicole (Post 26895765)
Funny...my brother-in-law and his wife have a knack for taking nice names and then spelling them in ridiculous ways - One of their sons is named Body. Pronounced Bo-dee. Exept of course it's spelled wrong, and so everyone thinks his name is Body, as in body parts. They also have a daughter named Kayeleighe (Kaylee) and another daughter named Rubye (Ruby).

I like the name Bodhi. I dislike it when people make their kid's names necessarily difficult to spell and pronounce. Especially when it's not spelled the way it sounds! I'm sorry, but Rubye isn't pronounced Ruby! It's pronounced Rub-eye! People are silly. But then again I have a daughter named Fiona, and everyone on that side of the family considers that name to be both hoity-toity and artsy-fartsy. Can't win.

I agree with you on crazy spellings. It is why we are going with the Traditional Sanskrit spelling of Bodhi and not modifying it. Kayeleighe - OMG, that is ridiculous! Poor girl will have to deal with that her entire life, or at least until she turns 18 and can legally change it.

ashleykathleen December 21st, 2012 02:58 PM

I absolutely love that!

mommy220 December 21st, 2012 03:03 PM

Cute! I am jealous! I cannot wait to find out the gender of my babe!

Josie+Shpala December 21st, 2012 10:00 PM

Aw how cute!!

j&jmom December 22nd, 2012 05:42 AM

Congrats! It will be a long time before we are finished with the name game. With our last child we finally decided the night before he was born and with our second it took forever too. The only reason we had the names picked out early for our first is that dh was leaving for Iraq and we weren't sure if he'd be back before the due date or that we'd even be able to communicate. (He went to Iraq when the war first started and communication was horrible!)