JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Nt scan x posted (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2607666-nt-scan-x-posted.html)

noah and lola's mommy December 21st, 2012 03:48 PM

Nt scan x posted

All went great. Nuchal thickness was 1.3 and it just had to be below three. We saw fingers and toes. We also saw the kidneys and bladder which had a little urine in it. We saw the stomach and of course the heart. The heart rate was 173. It was kicking and waving and had its hands by its face. We could see the nasal bones as well.
I also had my blood drawn for the first trimester screening.

They confirmed my doctors ultrasound two weeks ago and I have a due date of July 1st.

The place I have my ultrasounds at is a tertiary referral center and a perinatoligist comes in to see each ultrasound. A perinatoligist is involved for High risk pregnancies. They have the latest greatest ultrasound machines so they can work closely with the geneticists, surgeons, cardiologists etc.

I am 12 weeks four days now. The tech and perinatoligist took their guesses separately and both guessed the same thing. At this age both boys and girls have little appendages down there. But it depends on how the appendange lies. A penis lies at about 30 degree angle to the body while girl parts stick straight out in line with the body.

In our case we saw the later and they are very sure we are having a girl. They are occasionally wrong. the perinatoligist says that they only get about 1/5000 or so wrong. Of course we will confirm at the 20 week ultrasound to be sure. But for now we are only deciding in girl names.

overlinmommy17 December 21st, 2012 04:11 PM

Re: Nt scan x posted

Oh congrats!!!!! Super happy for you!:D

QueenCrafty December 21st, 2012 04:21 PM

Sounds like a great appointment! Congrats!!!

MrsLat December 21st, 2012 04:21 PM

:cheer: The pink team is growing!

enchantingdragon December 21st, 2012 05:15 PM

Great appointment. Yes Im learning all about nubs and how you can use them to predict gender (in gender and gender dreaming). My 13 week nub looks leaning toward a girl too since its parallel and not sticking up. Will find out in a month or so too.

Steph625 December 22nd, 2012 12:06 AM

Wow! Sounds like a great appt. Are you able to post pictures?

eshute December 22nd, 2012 04:10 AM

Congrats!!

mommy220 December 22nd, 2012 04:48 AM

Awesome! I wish I could go to an ultrasound machine that was that good!! When I was preggo with my daughter I had my anatomy scan at 16 weeks and they were the ones who scheduled it and then they told me it was too early to tell and sent me home not knowing, wouldn't even make a guess!!

j&jmom December 22nd, 2012 04:56 AM

Wow! So early to know the sex! Congratulations for a good u/s!!

Kim3 December 22nd, 2012 06:27 AM

Wonderful news. I am a worry wart and looked up NT numbers when I had my scan at 11 weeks 6 days. I was 1.2 - and you and I are within the excellent numbers. ( I didn't want just a good number but wanted the excellent number - you are there!) Presence of a nasal bone at 12 weeks is also a great sign. I am sure your baby is doing great and the triple screen will come out perfect. :p Just wanted to pass along that if for any reason it is inconclusive your perinatologist should be able to do the harmony or materni21. It is just a blood test but examines the baby's cells in your blood. I was so worried (and for no good reason other than I am 39 and due to my profession I am a constant worrier in these areas) that my doc offered the Harmony straight up. Also, congrats on a girl.:cloud9:

sunnydaze December 22nd, 2012 06:27 AM

:wub: girl clothes are the cutest

noah and lola's mommy December 22nd, 2012 08:15 AM

Girl clothes Re the cutest. We have one if each but we're secretly hoping for a girl.

briellelynette December 22nd, 2012 12:32 PM

Congrat's