JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Done or more (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2607917-done-more.html)

navywifey2003 December 22nd, 2012 07:59 PM

Done or more

Will this child complete your family or do you plan on having more? Do you know when you will add another? Or take permanent measures?

TeresaMomTo2Boys December 22nd, 2012 08:14 PM

Re: Done or more

Always just wanted 2 kids but thought they'd have the same dad and now that I'm divorced and with someone else, I want to at least try to have a couple with my new man!!

eshute December 22nd, 2012 08:24 PM

This one wasn't planned and I figured it would be my only one when the baby's dad and I broke up. But now that we're working on things and it seems to be going really well, I'd love to have more kids with him. Not for a while though. Probably 2 years at least.

navywifey2003 December 22nd, 2012 08:54 PM

I am happy things are working out Hun!

We have no idea if we are done honestly. This is our 4th but we are young so we don't plan on doing anything permanent for awhile.

briellelynette December 22nd, 2012 09:22 PM

Done, done,and done!! Love my kids and the one on the way, but we think 3 is a great number to end with. Being 22 and having a set of twins in the army was ALOT, def. kept me from having another for awhile. Then when we did want to try again my hubby was either deployed off and on or we just couldnt get knocked up. So at 32 now Im finally pregnant again and over joyed and the hubs is getting snipped in a few months! We are complete!!:smile:

MrsLat December 22nd, 2012 10:04 PM

I think if this baby had been a girl, I would have felt like we could be done, but I can't help but want to give it one more shot! :) But we will probably wait another couple years... so that this one and the next are at least 3 years apart.

MamaSkunk December 22nd, 2012 11:26 PM

I think we are done. DH and I dont want 3...for odd reasons...but mainly middle child syndrome. And DH prefers even numbers and due to DHs older kids from a previous marriage all total We have 7 kids (Five from his previous marriage...Four bio and one he considers his child but its from his ex cheatin on him...but we love her anyway) and our two together. Luckily all my stepkids are older but i got 5 yep 5 step grand kids thanks to two boys starting way to darn early!

Brie289 December 23rd, 2012 03:51 AM

We are done after 2. DH has already looked into urologists for a vasectomy. We have a small house and a family of 5 would force us to move which neither of us want to do. Im 30 but DH will be 37 in January so another reason for us to be done. So 2 is our perfect number.;)

PregnantAtLast December 23rd, 2012 04:16 AM

we are done after this 1

sunnydaze December 23rd, 2012 04:45 AM

Done Done and Done. Snip Snip Loverboy.

mommy220 December 23rd, 2012 04:56 AM

Not sure. I think we will be done, this will make number 2 for us.

eshute- I didn't realize you were back with the baby's daddy. I am glad things are going well!

Mom2LillieAidan December 23rd, 2012 05:34 AM

I don't want to be done after this baby, so we'll probably wait until this one is around 3, then have another.. DD will be almost 4 when this baby is born, and I like that age gap.

QueenCrafty December 23rd, 2012 05:41 AM

I'm not sure if we're done. We had always talked about having 3, but I'm afraid of closing the door on having kids. I'm only 30 and DH is 29 so we have plenty of time to decide if we want one more. I also wonder if it makes a difference on the sex of this child. I wonder if this ends up being a girl then maybe he would want to try for a boy one more time. Gender makes no difference to me. I guess we'll see if we feel complete once this baby is born.

ashleykathleen December 23rd, 2012 07:37 AM

We have always talked about 3 or 4 but 3 is feeling very right for both of us. We have been discussing doing something permanent after this because we are veeeeeery fertile together. Everyone thinks we are crazy because we are both young still (I'm 26 he's 31) but I've also always wanted to be done having kids by 30...so even if we had one more it would have to be in the next few years.

jhmomofmany December 23rd, 2012 08:25 AM

Will this child complete your family or do you plan on having more? Do you know when you will add another? Or take permanent measures?

We aren't for sure having more, but we're not for sure done either. Almost all our children are spaced 2.5 to 3 years apart- that seems to be just right for us. It would be out of the question for us to ever take "permanent measures".

Kim3 December 23rd, 2012 08:29 AM

Finished :D Taking permanent measures to be sure.

phantomsgrl11 December 23rd, 2012 08:47 AM

DH and I don't think we are done after this one. This will be number 2 and we've always talked 3-4 kids. It depends on several factors though for example if I have a c-section again this time if the doc says its okay to try again for another one with the risk of yet another c-section, how long the infertility process takes next time around. It took us over 2 years to conceive this little one and I'm not sure how I feel about a 7-8 year age gap between my DS1 and the youngest kids. I already feel a little guilty there will be almost 3 1/2 years between these two. I wanted 3 or 4 every other year when we started my body had other plans. LOL **** pcos!

rcjh12 December 23rd, 2012 10:13 AM

This will most likely be our last. There will already be almost ten years between my oldest and this baby, and we wouldn't have room in our home (we're already out-growing it!).

Of course, we thought my youngest would be our last, and here we are, so who knows?

enchantingdragon December 23rd, 2012 12:38 PM

I think we will have at least one more after this one.

MarylandMama December 23rd, 2012 12:46 PM

Ah, what a source of debate for us. I really only wanted two, but since I got pg this time around, DH has been talking three. I think he especially wants another now since the tech told us at our NT scan this one is probably another girl. So with DD and his girl on the way, he is seriously outnumbered. And then there is the whole family name thing. Time will tell what we do, I guess, but being one of three, I'm not crazy about that number.