JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Car seat/stroller combo (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2608945-car-seat-stroller-combo.html)

Lady KW December 27th, 2012 07:47 PM

Car seat/stroller combo

Any BTDT moms recommend a high quality but light weight car seat and stroller combo? We are suburban parents, but I want to avoid heavy bulky gear.

I read the chicco seat is 9lbs and was rated highly on consumer reports.

Any recommendations?

CCR December 27th, 2012 07:53 PM

Re: Car seat/stroller combo

We had the Chicco travel system with DS and loved it. We will be using it again for this baby.

Lady KW December 27th, 2012 08:00 PM

Thanks! Was it difficult to lift in and out of the vehicle?

navywifey2003 December 27th, 2012 08:12 PM

The best stroller I have ever owned was the city mini. It's a bit pricey but its very light weight and has a one handed fold while folding very thin. You do need a car seat adaptor bar but that wasnt an issue for us as we always wore Everett in a carrier. Hands down my favorite stroller.

MamaSkunk December 28th, 2012 11:17 AM

I have the Graco one and will be getting a new graco carseat. But for stroller i want a two seater jogging stroller so I found a nice one by schwinn i like. But usually i stick to graco for everything safety wise as theyve been rated the best for years.

CCR December 28th, 2012 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady KW (Post 26910114)
Thanks! Was it difficult to lift in and out of the vehicle?

I didn't think it was difficult at all. I had a Camry at the time and it was pretty easy to get in and out. Very easy to open/close the stroller too.

mommy220 December 28th, 2012 02:20 PM

I think I want a Chico this time! I had graco before. I may skip the stroller combo. We barely used it and I still have a small lightweight Chico one from my daughter. I will wear baby most of the time.

Lady KW December 30th, 2012 08:28 AM

Anyone tried the uppababy vista? Seems wide and kind of bulky.

zkat December 30th, 2012 03:23 PM

Another vote for the city Mini. Super easy to use and perfect for urban use. One handed steering and fits into tight spaces

ashnicole86 December 30th, 2012 04:15 PM

My best friend used the Chicco keyfit travel system with her last child and loved it a lot more than the Graco ones she had with her first two kids. I personally (from babysitting) love the Chicco carseat, and I really don't like the stroller. I mean it's really nice, it's just too big and bulky for me. I was given a Chicco Keyfit carrier for this baby, and instead of the big bulky stroller I got the carrier frame stroller thing... Chicco KeyFit Caddy Infant Car Seat Carrier Stroller - Chicco - Babies "R" Us I already love how lightweight and compact this stroller is! I do plan to get a lightweight stroller once my baby is old enough...not really an umbrella stroller but one that's smaller than the travel systems

After I purchased the frame I noticed Chicco has this new lightweight stroller and carseat model coming out... Liteway PLUS Stroller