JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Missing my husband a lot..... (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2609313-missing-my-husband-lot.html)

Rissa6213 December 28th, 2012 08:25 PM

Missing my husband a lot.....

So my husband has been gone for only 3 weeks and it feels like its been forever!! He made it overseas to Bahrain safely, even though he was suffering from food poisoning the entire 22 hour flight! (Never eat a frozen burger from the airport USO). He is still waiting to start work so is bored to death, but luckily we can chat on Facebook all day and Skype some days....when Skype decides to work. But overall we are missing each other terribly. Thank God he gets to come home when the baby is born, even though it will only be a week or so! He's really sad that he's missing out on the pregnancy , especially now that baby is starting to move. Some days he doesn't even want to hear about it because it just makes him so sad :-(

But I have taken some steps to improve my life since he's left. I enrolled in school this month and I start on January 22nd. I've never gone to college but I want to be able to provide for my child and give it anything it would ever need or want. I just hope the baby doesn't come early, because the semester ends on May 17th and I'm due June 2nd!! I'm so excited that next Wednesday I might get the find out the sex of the baby, so stay tuned because I'll post it up with pics when I know!!

I just want to thank all you ladies for reading my posts and being so nice :)

navywifey2003 December 28th, 2012 09:48 PM

Re: Missing my husband a lot.....

I know how hard that is! They offer doulas for free for spouses of deployment servicemen. I forget the name of it but I will get it to you. If you need to talk I am here. What branch again I forget.

Here's the link .: Operation Special Delivery :. Homepage

crawmommy December 28th, 2012 10:20 PM

I also know how hard deployment is...if you need to talk feel free to pm me anytime! Skype will be your lifesaver...when it works. Take lots and lots of pics, and send them all to him. You may think you are going overboard but trust you will not. That is their only lifeline. I would make picture books and send them.

navywifey2003 December 28th, 2012 10:40 PM

Also packages send them and send them often! I loved sending my husband themed boxes like valentines day, Easter, ect. His Easter box was full of Easter grass and I filled eggs with candy, his valentines box had smelly girl stuff and rose petals! That was fun! Video the babies moments, even if he/she is sleeping he will love just watching.

mommy220 December 29th, 2012 06:21 AM

I am so sorry, that must be so hard. I love the idea of continually sending photos and packages.

loveneverfails December 29th, 2012 07:23 AM

DH and I only did one deployment together. He had come home right before we met and then left after we had been dating a year. He was gone for 8 months. Then afterwards he went on shore duty.

Send lots of pictures and packages. Silly cute things too. For holidays I would send all those goofy holiday things just to make him laugh. I also made a package for each holiday and themed it like the holiday. There are lots of ideas on pinterest and blogs.

For me it got easier and then harder again. At first it was really hard and then I got into a new routine and things felt better. I made myself busy while he was gone. Then when it came time for him to come home again it started to feel slow again.

Rissa6213 December 29th, 2012 07:30 AM

He is Navy. I'll have to make a pinterest account because I'm the most non creative person in the world! Thanks for the tips. I'm putting a package together for him this weekend so I'll add some things to it :) I send him pictures every day. He loves seeing how big I'm getting.

MarylandMama December 29th, 2012 08:00 AM

DH was in the Navy for 5 years, but he was on shore duty when DD was born. I'm so sorry he can't be there for your pregnancy! I had some major family stuff going on that started a week after he left and didn't improve until a week after he came home. I drove 700 miles round trip alone every weekend. No way around it. Deployment sucks. Could you video your ultrasounds on your phone or something and send them to him? Or Skype on your phone during the u/s so you can find out the sex together? DH's favorite thing I did for him while he was deployed was send him stacks of index cards with a little note on each- something I love about him, a fun memory, something I was looking forward to when he came home, and you could include things like reasons he will be a good dad. I would send one for every day left in the deployment and about 20 extras so he could have an extra boost on a bad day. I did it once when we were still dating and had to do it every time after bc he just loved it. I think for him, it was a way to receive love from me even on days when packages didn't arrive or when we couldn't talk bc the phones were down (almost always on the ships he was on for some reason) or email had been shut down for a scandal (happened several times, too...yikes).

I hope the time passes quickly for you both, tho I know it seldom does. Hang in there! And military wives have to be the strongest wives and moms ever, so I know you can do this! Go you!

navywifey2003 December 29th, 2012 11:03 AM

We are navy too, obviously :P where are you guys stationed? The first and last month are the hardest! We are here for you! My husband and I have done 2 deployments with countless underways our first 4 years of marriage. So please please do not hesitate to pm me!

jhmomofmany December 29th, 2012 03:50 PM

Civilian families (like mine) owe a HUGE debt of gratitude to all of you military families! I can't imagine how hard that is... my DH spent years traveling for work, but after 4-5 weeks OTR he would be home for at least a couple days. That was hard enough. We used Skype every day. Good for you for enrolling in college classes! I hope these coming months will fly by!

Rissa6213 December 29th, 2012 07:10 PM

We were stationed in Pax River for the last 2 years, but when he left for Bahrain I came back home to Chicago to live with my parents (which I'll be posting about this lovely home life soon). I feel like I haven't been doing enough for him or sending him enough love. I need to try harder. I've always been bad at expressing my feelings.....but I will take you ladies up on some of your advice you all gave me some really nice ideas :)

navywifey2003 December 29th, 2012 07:18 PM

What rate is he? Did he go IA?

bluesparkles December 29th, 2012 07:26 PM

Where in Chicago? My dh is navy too, and we've had our fair share of deployments as well.

Rissa6213 December 29th, 2012 07:26 PM

He's E4. No IA just a year billet. But he's not planning to reenlist so they will most likely extend him to finish out his 4yrs, which will be another 6 months. He actually volunteered for an IA to Afghanistan last year but it got cancelled of course, which he was really upset about. So he's just harbor patrol. But since he just got out there this month he has to go through a training academy, and they delayed it for nearly a month! So he is bored to death out there now. It really stinks. He's miserable out there and I am here. Living with my parents is so insanely difficult, and I am considering moving to my mother in law's. It will break my mother's heart but I'm at the point where I have to do what's best and what's healthy for me and the baby.

Oh and I live in Crete right now. It's about 30 miles south of the city.

MarylandMama December 29th, 2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rissa6213 (Post 26915742)
He's E4. No IA just a year billet. But he's not planning to reenlist so they will most likely extend him to finish out his 4yrs, which will be another 6 months..

Nice to only have 18 months left! DH was in for 5 years and has been out for about a year and a half. He has a great job with a defense contractor now. He gets to still contribute to the military, but be home with our family. It's the best of both worlds for him. We could not be happier since he is out. I do not miss the 3 month underways that happen right before 6 month deployments or taking clothes to the ship bc he is on duty and the capt decided they needed to go underway the next day. Hope the last 18 months go well for you. Impressed with all you ladies still at it! I appreciate all of you ladies who serve in the military or as military wives! You all are awesome!

zkat December 29th, 2012 07:57 PM

I am sorry. I have no idea how hard it is for you.

Hopefully classes will keep you busy and make it goes faster.

navywifey2003 December 29th, 2012 10:13 PM

Oh ok. What is his job, my husband is an EM or electricians mate, he just made e6 off this last exam cycle.

navywifey2003 December 29th, 2012 10:26 PM

We have 7 years in right now. Over 5 years of sea time and we are finally at shore for 3 years. We hate it! Haha. It's so much longer hours than when the ship is in port. I like him home when he is actually home before 7. We were on a carrier in WA for our first ship (Stennis) where we did 2 deployments. The first one was 4 1/2 months after we got married and I was about 20 weeks pregnant when he left. The baby leave was not implemented yet and since he was in a war zone was not able to come home until it was over. That deployment was 8 1/2 months. David was 4 months old when he got back. They bonded so quickly, I was worried. When our second child was born he was just underway in San Diego and paternity leave had just been implemented so he was able to come home for 10 days. Which was nice. You can do this Hun, you are stronger than you realize!

Rissa6213 December 30th, 2012 10:58 AM

Ohh you asked his rate, not his rank haha. I can't read on my phone. He is MA, security forces. Pretty much stands post all day long. He'll at least get to stand post on a boat in Bahrain, kind of like a coast guard. He's only 2 years in but doesn't want to stay. He enjoys it sometimes, but it just wasn't what he expected. He originally wanted to be EOD, but couldn't because he had such terrible eye sight. So they stuck him in MA. He decided he is just going to try and get into the reserves and go back to school, although he can't decide what for. I try to be strong most of the time but, there's always times where I'll be sad and miss him. I enjoy being a military wife and wouldn't mind if he reenlisted, I just want him to do what makes him happy. So we'll see what happens :)

navywifey2003 December 30th, 2012 11:18 AM

Would he be interested in cross rating? My husband said he completely understands why he doesn't like it because of his job. He said he wouldn't want to be an MA either. My husband is a recruiter right now and said that if he wants to go reserve he needs to be approved for it and it will only be if there is jobs available. So he should start working on it now and to get in touch with his career counselor.