JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Cloth Diapering (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2610286-cloth-diapering.html)

4hearts January 1st, 2013 02:28 PM

Cloth Diapering

Who's planning to cloth diaper or thinking about it? Have you done it before?

Myself, I've CD'd 50% of the time with all three kids. I know that sounds weird but I get lazy or too busy to deal sometimes. As with every pregnancy this time I want to go "all out" 95% of the time with outings being an exception and we rarely go anywhere so that's not a lot of the time. We have to get some new things for our stash so I'm getting antsy to start online shopping. Also, I thought about making a cloth diaper registry since we're good on all other things 'baby'.

Just wondering who else is with me on this! :D :changebaby:

crawmommy January 1st, 2013 02:49 PM

Re: Cloth Diapering

I will be cloth diapering :) I am new so I am still trying to figure out things. I plan to use what ever stash I get from friends & fam while the twins are newborn then go to one size...not sure what kinds yet, that is the hard decision!

. I need to know where is the best place to buy at the cheapest price. So if anyone has any suggestions fire away :)

shen7 January 1st, 2013 03:00 PM

I already have a full stash of prefolds in nb and small but will be getting a few new boyish covers :) I am thinking to try the Capri size 1s. I saved almost everything from M so I really don't need much. We loved the prefolds and were masters of the jellyroll and snappi, never had a poop leak despite many massive lakes o'poo!! Gotta love the containment of cloth, esp a 2-part system with separate cover. Really holds it allllll in.

I am debating getting some tiny AIOs for grandma... eventually I will probably cave and get a few :lol: They might get used overnight too. I am such a CD junkie :excited:

For mainstream shopping, Nicki's Diapers usually has good prices and cheap options, esp their Imagine line. Then of course there is ebay and FSOT and china cheapies. Occasionally people find screaming deals on Craigslist or local consignment stores or yard sales, too! Or hand me downs! :)

loveneverfails January 1st, 2013 03:45 PM

We are planning to. We are hoping to try all different kinds and try and figure out what works best for us. I have a bumgenius 4.0 all in one and a bumkins. The bumgenius I just really wanted to buy at buy buy baby but the bumkins we found for $9 at the NEX on base. I want to also try some prefolds and covers. We're really hoping to be able to save money with this. Two in disposable diapers just seems like SOOO much money.

jhmomofmany January 1st, 2013 04:37 PM

All of my kids have been cloth diapered at least some of the time, and four of them were in cloth full time. If I am able to quit working, or at least drop to part-time, when Baby is born we will CD; otherwise we'll have to do disposables because nobody else in the family is willing or able to learn how to handle the few extra steps required.

navywifey2003 January 1st, 2013 05:12 PM

We have cloth diapered 100% since our 2nd child. I love it!

mommy220 January 1st, 2013 06:52 PM

I plan to! I have been obsessed with reading about it and watching YouTube videos. I think I will get newborn fitted with covers for the first few months the. Try some types after that (one size). That's what I am thinking at the moment. I also want to do cloth wipes. I am so excited to start a stash!!! I have a friend who cd so I have been hounding her for advice!!

navywifey2003 January 1st, 2013 07:07 PM

Check out my friends blog at dirtydiaperlaundry.com. Kim is awesome!

MrsLat January 1st, 2013 07:27 PM

I am planning on trying it this baby! I haven't with my last two, but I would really like to give it a shot this time around!

Lady KW January 1st, 2013 08:07 PM

I'm on the train but DH isn't sold yet. My local store recommended FuzziBunz- anyone have experience? I'd like to order a starter set with a few different brands.

This site is good too:
http://www.parenting.com/gallery/best-cloth-diapers

navywifey2003 January 1st, 2013 08:20 PM

I don't like the OS fuzzibunz but I do like the sized ones.

Lady KW January 1st, 2013 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navywifey2003 (Post 26924674)
I don't like the OS fuzzibunz but I do like the sized ones.

Thanks! Do you have a fav brand?

navywifey2003 January 1st, 2013 09:14 PM

For newborns I love kissaluvs size 0 with covers, as well as lil joeys, and fuzzibunz xsmall. For OS I love my bum genius 4.0. I have a few more expensive dipes but I won those. Hehe. Pay attention to seconds sales, those usually have slight cosmetic flaws that does not effect the function of the diaper. I also by used off b/s/t or even eBay. But with eBay be careful, search specific brands not just cloth diapers. I know a lot of people who love their ebay cheapies, or other cheapier brands, we however have not had great success. It's all about personal preference as well as the shape/size of your baby.

farmfourmama January 1st, 2013 10:47 PM

I cloth diapered all my babies until they started eating FOOD FOOD then I found the laundry too much! But that first sixish months awesome!! Have disposables handy for sitters/outings etc but really a great cheap way to go!!

Oh and I was old school lol... I folded flat diapers!! And fad kushee brand covers with snaps!

navywifey2003 January 1st, 2013 10:52 PM

My friend who runs the blog I posted runs a flats challenge, I want to participate this year!

farmfourmama January 1st, 2013 11:02 PM

They were great cause you could fold more padding in different areas for boys or girls with different patterns! More thickness out front for boys more underneath for girls!!

Also the best cleaning cloths you will ever use!!! * note not to be reused then on children LOL

navywifey2003 January 1st, 2013 11:06 PM

Our old prefolds are now cleaning cloths :P

farmfourmama January 1st, 2013 11:08 PM

The BEST on mirrors! No little fuzz balls!

SassySami January 1st, 2013 11:12 PM

We cloth diaper, this will be our 4th baby cloth diapered..

We have used everything, but now my stash is all sun babies pocket. For this baby I will do fitteds with covers, tell baby can fit into the pockets.

sunnydaze January 2nd, 2013 04:01 AM

I looked into it, but I wasn't willing to risk the start up cost if I wasn't going to stick to it and I was hoping to go to work after a few months and I know daycare wont do it.

I do think a lot of them are really cute though.