JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Maternity Wear (a rant and a rave) (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2611644-maternity-wear-rant-and-rave.html)

TeresaV January 5th, 2013 08:35 AM

Maternity Wear (a rant and a rave)

So, I have had a very hard time finding maternity clothing in my area. My bras are too tight and my pants are no longer comfortable. I was shocked to find out that places like J.C. Penny don't even carry maternity clothing. I asked a woman at JC where the maternity clothing was, and she said "oh honey, we haven't carried maternity wear in a long time," all while giving me that look like "why would you come HERE looking for THAT." I was so discouraged. I bought a couple of nursing bras from Target, and they were the most uncomfortable bras I have ever worn in my life.

I then discovered Motherhood Maternity. What a freakin Godsend. The woman working there was SO helpful. Being a firsttimer, I wasn't entirely sure WHAT I needed, and she took the time to explain sizing and whatnot. I got a couple of bras that are super comfy. I also bought something that I thought I would never buy: maternity underwear. I never understood the need for it, but it is SOOOOO comfortable. I may just continue wearing it after the baby comes. :p

mommyandwife08 January 5th, 2013 08:48 AM

Re: Maternity Wear (a rant and a rave)

I just bought maternity underwear for the first time this pregnancy....AMAZING!! I wish I would have gotten some with my other two.
I am glad you were able to find some good clothes.

Kim3 January 5th, 2013 09:25 AM

You may want to try Old Navy or Gap. I find a lot there. They use "normal" styles, just with some changes. Love their jeans and even found work clothing there.

navywifey2003 January 5th, 2013 09:38 AM

I love motherhoods secret fit jeans. I just wish it wasnt so expensive.

Steph625 January 5th, 2013 09:59 AM

I just bought my first ever pair of maternity from motherhood not too long ago. I LOVE them. So comfy, almost like pjs. I was considering a bra too. I'm currently wearing sport bras and they are becoming too small. They look like a uniboob!

mommy220 January 5th, 2013 10:28 AM

I will have to go to Motherhood, I did when preggo with my daughter and I remember liking it.

farmfourmama January 5th, 2013 01:24 PM

Haha I laughed when you said I might where these not pregnant!! Since I had DD in 2008 I've just kept them in the bin!! So comfy!!!

crawmommy January 5th, 2013 01:56 PM

I will now be added maternity panties to my shopping list today! I always wondered if they were worth the clearly it is

MissyBee January 5th, 2013 02:19 PM

I got some jeans from there as well and they are really comfortable. And short enough for me. Target didn't have short ones and they were so super long on me. I need to go get new bras and underwear. Mine are starting to be a tad too small.

Brie289 January 5th, 2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeresaV (Post 26938146)
So, I have had a very hard time finding maternity clothing in my area. My bras are too tight and my pants are no longer comfortable. I was shocked to find out that places like J.C. Penny don't even carry maternity clothing. I asked a woman at JC where the maternity clothing was, and she said "oh honey, we haven't carried maternity wear in a long time," all while giving me that look like "why would you come HERE looking for THAT." I was so discouraged. I bought a couple of nursing bras from Target, and they were the most uncomfortable bras I have ever worn in my life.

I then discovered Motherhood Maternity. What a freakin Godsend. The woman working there was SO helpful. Being a firsttimer, I wasn't entirely sure WHAT I needed, and she took the time to explain sizing and whatnot. I got a couple of bras that are super comfy. I also bought something that I thought I would never buy: maternity underwear. I never understood the need for it, but it is SOOOOO comfortable. I may just continue wearing it after the baby comes. :p

Haha! You sound just like me last weekend. I went to our local JC penny's and discovered the same thing. Luckily we have a outlet mall about 20 min away that has a motherhood maternity and I stocked up. The sales associates were so helpful and I love the clothes. Some could even pass for regular clothes I can wear after baby is here! Our local Kohls had a very small selection of maternity. When I was preg with DS they had a lot more, guess department stores are getting away from stocking maternity wear.

Rissa6213 January 5th, 2013 03:26 PM

Motherhood maternity is amazzzzzzing. Everything I've bought from there fits perfect and the woman that works there always recognizes me and is so helpful. Target is the only other place I've had a little luck at :)

SassySami January 5th, 2013 03:41 PM

look at your local consignment stores too, you would be amazed :)

QueenCrafty January 5th, 2013 05:01 PM

I went on a crazy shopping spree at a maternity store that sells all the Motherhood brands (Motherhood, Pea in the Pod, and some designers with maternity lines). I blame my mother who kept encouraging me to try stuff on. The sales lady was awesome- she has a 2 year old and admitted to still wearing maternity jeans because they are still more comfy even at a size 4.

hilachu January 5th, 2013 06:04 PM

Ive gotten a ton of stuff from Old Navy online
I got some basics for Motherhood Maternity last time but a lot of their other stuff is kind of pricey
For bras I just bought the next size up for cup and width and was good to go, got a ton of cheap ones from the maidenform outlet store

edgeofelise January 5th, 2013 06:34 PM

I got the most amazing over-belly leggings at Destination Maternity the other day. They have stuff in all price ranges, from designer (yeah right, who wants to spend $180 of a pair of jeans you'll wear for 6 months?!) to the super cheap stuff. I try not to do maternity tops; just tanks layered with stretchy dresses or tunics, or gauzy shirts that I buy 2 sizes larger than normal. Put a fitted jacket or cardigan over it and it makes it look like the sleeves fit. I just can't afford the maternity stuff I like and I hate the clothes in my price range.

smalltowngirl January 5th, 2013 08:26 PM

I bought my first maternity items last weekend at motherhood maternity. I absolutely love the tops that I got and the saleslady was very helpful too. I'm lucky enough to be near an outlet one and got such great deals! I will definitely be going back for more soon!

MerinSun January 5th, 2013 08:39 PM

Kohl's carries the Motherhood Maternity line and they do a lot of crazy sales and discounting with it. I got a pair of jeans and a shirt for less than $30 total.

farmfourmama January 5th, 2013 09:27 PM

Maybe this should be under confessions... But I have zero desire to try anything on or spend one more dollar on maternity anything!! I'm fighting it as long as I can!! Hopefully till I need to get some nursing bras lol!

navywifey2003 January 5th, 2013 09:33 PM

I can't wait to get down to San Diego here in a month or two to my favorite consignment shop. I am lost without it!