JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Cloth Diaper question and hospital question (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2611793-cloth-diaper-question-and-hospital-question.html)

mommy220 January 5th, 2013 04:28 PM

Cloth Diaper question and hospital question

It seems like a lot of people here cloth diaper or are planning to.

I have been going back and forth on what to get for my newborn stash. I want the actual diapers to be organic. I don't want to spend a ton of money as this may be my last child and I know they won't be in the newborn size for long. I was looking at kissaluvs with covers, then just prefolds with covers, but now I have been looking at Green Mountain Diapers Workhorse with something like a Blueberry mini cover. That would be cheaper than the kissaluvs but not as much work as a prefold and from what I have seen a little less bulky and more absorbent. Does anyone have any experience with these? I also thought I would get a few different covers like Thirstys, etc.

Also, I keep remembering the hospital wipes when I had DD. They were sopping wet, soaked in soap like chemicals and smelled really strong. Am I crazy to want to at least bring my own sensitive natural wipes and/or bring cloth wipes? I figure I will use their diapers while I am there but I would rather not use their wipes on the newborn fragile baby butt. LOL.

4hearts January 5th, 2013 06:03 PM

Re: Cloth Diaper question and hospital question

That's weird about the wipes. The last time I delivered 2.5 yrs ago they just gave me a gauze to wet with plain water. But, yea totally bring your own cloth wipes, I will probably do that.

As for the newborn stash, I've never done anything but prefolds but we've always gotten the organic prefolds from GMD.

Hope someone else can help more on this one.

MerinSun January 5th, 2013 08:41 PM

Yeah, the hospital only gave us something that looked like paper towels and told us to wet them.

If you think you might get the same chemical ones I say just bring your own. No one is going to stop you :)

Dhartanya January 5th, 2013 09:00 PM

I love the Kissaluvs fitted!
They are so absorbent! I find more so then the GMD prefolds!
I use the Thristies and Bummis covers.
My little one is a mega wetter too!

navywifey2003 January 5th, 2013 09:37 PM

I love kissaluvs fitteds!! Also love ex small fuzzibunz.

As for the wipes yea bring them with you along with a small wet bag.

MarylandMama January 6th, 2013 11:54 AM

Wow. That is so weird about the wipes. When we had DD, they had a pack of the Pamper's sensitive skin wipes that stayed in the crib drawer. They used them when she had to be in the nursery and we used them when she was in the room with us (which was always except when they HAD to take her). That is strange that you had strong chemical wipes at your hospital. I am delivering at a different hospital this time since we moved. Maybe I will take my own just in case.

mommy220 January 6th, 2013 01:08 PM

Well, I am delivering at a different hospital this time so maybe it will be different. I just remember them leaving almost suds on her.

crawmommy January 6th, 2013 06:31 PM

When I had DD The hospital only used these thick paper towels with warm water. They said it is best for newborns sensitive skin to only use warm water