JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Coming home outfit (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2614504-coming-home-outfit.html)

navywifey2003 January 13th, 2013 09:47 PM

Coming home outfit

I know this is a ways off but have thought or looked for babies coming home outfit?

Gen88 January 13th, 2013 09:53 PM

Re: Coming home outfit

Not yet, I'm waiting to hear 100% if this baby is a girl. Then I'm gonna start buying and planning everything :) I know I will be making her a baby size tutu to bring her home in.. I can't wait.

kit.kat.81 January 13th, 2013 10:09 PM

We bought a SUPER soft bamboo fiber onsie for the coming home outfit. It's seriously softer than silk!

Here it is: Layette Gown & Knot Hat Set in Pond Poppy

farmfourmama January 13th, 2013 11:01 PM

When I find out I'm going to wrap it up for DH to unwrap after baby is born!!

mommy220 January 14th, 2013 04:07 AM

I won't know until I find out the gender. I feel like my planning is on hold! LOL

SassySami January 14th, 2013 04:20 AM

I will be looking for a born at home outfit :)

rcjh12 January 14th, 2013 05:54 AM

I've found some super cute one-pieces on Etsy that I'm tempted to order, but nothing definite so far. We aren't finding out, so I'll either get one boyish, one girlish, or try to find something gender neutral.

I would love to find something like this in newborn (my DH loves to fish).
Fisherman Nostalgic Graphic Tee Onesie / Romper by elizabethhorton

mommyandwife08 January 14th, 2013 06:10 AM

I have thought of it but I haven't found anything I totally love yet.

beatlechicksteph January 14th, 2013 06:14 AM

I haven't even thought of that yet! Now that we know we're having a boy, I'm going to start seriously looking at stuff. Poor Arthur only has clothes I bought off clearance for NEXT winter...

sunnydaze January 14th, 2013 06:36 AM

It is tradition in our family that the matriarchs get the honor of providing the coming home outfit. Right now my grandmother and my mom are politely arguing over who gets to do it.

Mom2LillieAidan January 14th, 2013 07:02 AM

I'm waiting until my next u/s (that HOPEFULLY confirms 100% boy) before I start looking. Then, I'll probably end up picking up something while we're in Texas for a week (I am SO excited) at the end of the month.

Joanne Nicole January 14th, 2013 07:18 AM

Wow...I didn't even know that was a thing. I feel like a FTM, even though this is my second. My first was born at home, and it's such a different experience than doing it at a hospital. I figured I'd just put the kid in a onesie or night-gown or whatever is comfiest. Since we're using a midwife at the hospital, we'll be discharged after 2-3 hours instead of staying overnight, so depending on when I go into labour, we might be coming home in the middle of the night...at which point it seems silly to have a special outfit picked out since no one will see it.

hilachu January 14th, 2013 07:40 AM

i had an outfit for DS and he weighed 7lbs6oz the 0-3 was huge on him so i had to put him in his backup newborn size clothes
so im definitely going to be more cautious in choosing out a size, just waiting until tomorrow when we find out gender!

navywifey2003 January 14th, 2013 10:11 AM

We just chose a first diaper and a cute sleeper for Everett. For my other two their outfits were way too big. I am planning on getting just a pretty sleeper. And maybe a pretty onesie if she is born during the day. :)

Josie+Shpala January 14th, 2013 12:12 PM

Since we are planning a home birth, we don't need a coming home outfit BUT baby will be wearing big sissy's coming home outfit. Just a tradition in our family :)

CCR January 14th, 2013 12:14 PM

I found a really pretty gown on Etsy for Kaye this weekend. It is white with the smoking at the top in pink and grey (we are doing her nursery in those colors) and it will have her initial on it. I love it!

navywifey2003 January 14th, 2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCR (Post 26971549)
I found a really pretty gown on Etsy for Kaye this weekend. It is white with the smoking at the top in pink and grey (we are doing her nursery in those colors) and it will have her initial on it. I love it!

Linky?

4hearts January 14th, 2013 12:27 PM

We have one that all three babies wore at the hospital and coming home and for the first month or two afterwards. It's gotten some use. It's green and organic cotton. It comes with a hat, a gown and a matching receiving blanket.

I don't have one on the computer of my first but here's my 2nd (DS) He's not wearing the gown in the picture.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...egreenbean.jpg

And here's one of my 3rd (DD2) and she has the gown on but not the blanket.
http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w...eams/green.jpg

ashleykathleen January 14th, 2013 02:56 PM

All our planning is on hold until we find out the gender next Monday.

MrsLat January 14th, 2013 03:00 PM

I am still in the process of looking!