JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   VERY dry belly (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2614710-very-dry-belly.html)

Hopeful2BMommy January 14th, 2013 11:32 AM

VERY dry belly

My belly is so dry it is almost peeling. I've been putting baby oil on it out of the shower, then lotion a couple times throughout the day. Any tips??:(

MamaSkunk January 14th, 2013 12:28 PM

Re: VERY dry belly

Cocoa Butter Lotion will work the best.

shen7 January 14th, 2013 12:44 PM

Baby oil doesn't absorb well, it is usually mineral oil. A vegetable oil like almond oil or apricot kernel oil or cocoa butter or shea butter or coconut oil or sesame oil will absorb better. Also a good heavy duty lotion is Eucerin cream, the kind that comes in the tub. Good luck, I hate dry skin and my whole family is prone to it :) we use a lot of apricot kernel oil and Eucerin, normal lotions do nothing for serious dry skin!

kit.kat.81 January 14th, 2013 12:54 PM

Coconut oil! It's AMAZING stuff - natural antibacterial, anti fungal, anti viral, anti aging, absorbs well, and super moisturizing. Plus it smells great!

I also use the Body Shop's Hemp Body Butter - super moisturizing!

SassySami January 14th, 2013 12:58 PM

excurien is awesome!! I love the stuff or even straight vaseline :)

mommyandwife08 January 14th, 2013 01:15 PM

Coconut oil or cocoa butter is the best I think.

zombiemommy January 14th, 2013 01:42 PM

I got this amazing spray oil from a pure romance party... I usually use EVOO as a moisturizer, but my best friend had been using this oil stuff and said it was absolutely amazing as a moisturizer and supposedly it helps with fading/preventing stretch marks. I've been using it and I love it! It's called Save My Skin and it is awesome!

LisaS January 14th, 2013 01:49 PM

I would actually go for more of a lotion than a straight oil. In my experience, even the richest oils/butters only hold in what moisture is already in your body. The lotion ADDS moisture and holds that in. My body in general has been super dry, so I made a lotion the other day that has cocoa butter and emu oil. Sounds gross, I know, but emu oil is amazing and the lotion has helped a lot. I'd say you find a nice thick lotion to use and slather it on at least a couple times a day and drink a lot of water (which you should be doing anyway!).

AKlobnak January 14th, 2013 02:24 PM

I just ordered this

Stretch Marks Pregnancy Gift Box Set | Pregnancy Gift Box Set | New Mom Gift Box Sets

It is supposed to help with dry skin and prevent stretch marks, all of the reviews say its awesome so I'm going to give it a try! :)

mommy220 January 14th, 2013 03:49 PM

I put cocoa butter stretch mark cream on everyday because I used it with my last pregnancy and I got no stretch marks whatsoever! The only place I got a few were my hips and I didn't put it there, so now I am. It keeps my belly nice and soft.

I also want to say that coconut oil is awesome!!! I keep some in a little jar and I use it as a makeup remover and it works wonders. My skin is really sensitive and it soothes it. Also, I have even been rubbing it into my whole fact because it gets so cry during the winter. I will have to start putting it on my belly.

MrsLat January 14th, 2013 04:56 PM

I really like eucerin lotion when it gets unbearable. Cocoa butter is pretty good for me on a regular basis. I do this all on top of baby oil in my bath tub. I've got some serious dry skin going on :/

TeresaV January 14th, 2013 04:59 PM

My skin has been CRAZY itchy lately. It even wakes me up sometimes. I have tried all sorts of lotions and nothing seems to help. Guess I'll try coconut oil.

MerinSun January 14th, 2013 07:06 PM

I love my bio oil. I also use this cream that I purchased at Motherhood Maternity. I don't have it in front of me and I can't remember the name :\ It's a white and very runny cream and it's lovely.

crawmommy January 14th, 2013 07:11 PM

I put a thick lotion either Jergens or Eucerin on everyday when I get out of the shower. I used cocoa butter with DD as well. I saw this mixture on pinterest that I will be making to try.
Sleeping Beauty: Natural Beauty Tips and Tricks: The Dreaded "S" Word...