JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Opinions needed (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2616870-opinions-needed.html)

MamaSkunk January 21st, 2013 09:03 AM

Opinions needed

Hey ladies. So Im thinking I should have my ultrasound redone. I am totally getting ok with being on team blue but the tech had such a problem seeing babies goods...the cord was between the legs the whole time...baby would cram the little butt all the way down in my pelvis and cross the legs indian style hiding everything. The tech told me he was only 80% sure that it was a boy. We have so much to rebuy for a boy instead of a girl that I just dont feel comfortable with being told 80%. Afterall....navywifey was told boy...and hers is obviously a girl. I guess this bugs me because looking at my babys potty shot....you cant see crap except legs and umbilical cord...and maybe a tiny hint of what may be boy parts. It is not as definitive as alot of the other boy potty shots for sure. I just think i want a 100% confirm before buying hundreds of dollars on boy stuff cuz 20% seems a huge margin for mistake. Do I sound crazy? Or would anyone else want a redo?

Hopeful2BMommy January 21st, 2013 09:06 AM

Re: Opinions needed

I think you should do whatever you need to. You may just be in denial though ;) jk.

Becca2581 January 21st, 2013 09:07 AM

In my opinion 80% would not be good enough for me, I want 95%-100% positive it's a boy or girl. I would get another one done, before you start buying boy stuff.

MamaSkunk January 21st, 2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeful2BMommy (Post 26996723)
I think you should do whatever you need to. You may just be in denial though ;) jk.

No not really I was doing quite fine til last night and then i was looking at ultrasound pics and I couldnt find anything definitive in my ultrasound pic since the cords in the way and it just hit me....that cord was hiding most everything...unlike say Stephs boys potty shot. I want a potty shot from under the behind too thats that clear. Cuz I got worried about what if we buy all this boy stuff and then it was a girl. I just like to have no question. DD was spread wide open so we knew. I just want a similar potty shot for 100% confirmation :)

livinglifetothefull January 21st, 2013 09:17 AM

Ultrasounds are never 100% reliable. I've known of somebody who had definite boy parts on their ultrasound only to give birth to a girl! I would definitely get it redone if you can afford to,

Madison.Hailey.Zack January 21st, 2013 09:18 AM

I don't think its crazy at all. If it would make you feel better then I would have another one done. KUP hon!

Rissa6213 January 21st, 2013 09:23 AM

I agree with Becca also. 80% would not be good enough for me either!

mommyandwife08 January 21st, 2013 09:23 AM

If I were in your shoes I would probably get it redone. If you don't feel comfortable with the pictures or what you saw on the screen then you should get it redone for peace of mind at the very least. I agree that I wouldn't feel so comfortable with only 80%.

crawmommy January 21st, 2013 09:32 AM

ouuu 80% would not be good enough for me and that is way me personally am team green bc I could not handle if they were wrong but I'm a little looney like that lol!

On a serious note...you got an elective u/s done at somewhere else than your dr. correct? If so will your Dr. do one too?

morgankaedenmadisonsmommy January 21st, 2013 09:34 AM

I would get another ultrasound if you're worried. We were told girl with Kaeden and he's obviously not a girl so it's always best to get a second look.

MrsLat January 21st, 2013 09:34 AM

I was told a little boy at 15w3d and I was a little skeptical. We didn't buy anything really until this weekend after I had had my official anatomy scan to reconfirm.

Hopeful2BMommy January 21st, 2013 09:34 AM

Mine was very clear. Get it done again! I want to know!

MamaSkunk January 21st, 2013 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawmommy (Post 26996860)
ouuu 80% would not be good enough for me and that is way me personally am team green bc I could not handle if they were wrong but I'm a little looney like that lol!

On a serious note...you got an elective u/s done at somewhere else than your dr. correct? If so will your Dr. do one too?

Im going thru a midwife so not unless I call an ob and make an appt for one.

beatlechicksteph January 21st, 2013 10:13 AM

Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with anything less than 95%. I would want to get another one done before I went out and bought stuff. I would try again, and what helped us get the little guy moving (since our first one was like yours, he wouldn't show us anything) was I downed like 12 oz of orange juice right before the ultrasound. He was moving all over the place, flashing his little boy parts, so we were able to get 100% he was a boy.

navywifey2003 January 21st, 2013 10:44 AM

I want to see the potty shot.

But judging from my experience 80% would not be good enough. I went into our u/s with 80% for boy. They were so sure at our elective scan. And your midwife should be able to refer you for your 20 week scan.

Kyla0709 January 21st, 2013 10:59 AM

Yeah, I'd get a redo to. Did you go to Enlightened Images? I think I read somewhere on their website that if you're not happy with your results, they'll do it again for free. It wouldn't hurt to ask. Personally I am skeptical about ultrasounds, at 23 weeks they told me my DS1 was a girl, and we didn't find out until 32-33 weeks that she was actually a he, AFTER we had bought a good amount of clothes! There was no denying it with my DS2, I saw his weiner before the tech even said he was a boy.

MamaSkunk January 21st, 2013 11:15 AM

Yea I did go to them Kyla. And i will go back to them since i wasnt happy Im gonna call them tommorow.

shen7 January 21st, 2013 11:26 AM

I would not be satisfied until I had a solid picture in hand of a 100%, no question potty shot. Which you must of course post on here and get a consensus as well ;) then you will know!

Also, I want to point out that it is possible to make or buy all manner of covers, repaint, and such for your gear so that even if you did have a boy, you would not have to rebuy it all, it would be much cheaper that way. Although I will say this is why I stuck to beige, gray, yellow, green or brown for all big ticket baby gear for M, and now I am very glad I did.

MamaSkunk January 21st, 2013 11:29 AM

Ahhh shen I did not know this I will have to look into that for my swing and highchair and such. Thank you I didnt know this.

crawmommy January 21st, 2013 11:57 AM

I would call and have them do it again. Let us know the outcome!