JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   So wrong since it is so good! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2616897-so-wrong-since-so-good.html)

Kim3 January 21st, 2013 09:49 AM

So wrong since it is so good!

A co-worker is not only selling Girl Scout Cookies, she has then in the office ready to hand to you :p This is unfair to pregnant women. How can I possibly eat healthy when these cookies are just staring and saying come eat. It is so wrong to have something so good right there.

MamaSkunk January 21st, 2013 09:51 AM

Re: So wrong since it is so good!

Oooo its girl scout cookie time....Yayyyyyyy!!!

Joanne Nicole January 21st, 2013 10:01 AM

mmmm...Samoas....

navywifey2003 January 21st, 2013 10:44 AM

I want Girl Scout cookies omg!

mommyandwife08 January 21st, 2013 10:47 AM

I think I am one of the few who doesn't like girl scout cookies. The only one I can somewhat eat are the shortbread ones but even those are too sweet.

rcjh12 January 21st, 2013 10:49 AM

I just told DH he needs to be on the lookout for anyone selling them at work ... I'm usually not a huge fan, but they sound so good right now.

TeresaMomTo2Boys January 21st, 2013 11:14 AM

I've already ordered 4 boxes

Mom2LillieAidan January 21st, 2013 11:23 AM

We just ordered 4 boxes a couple weeks ago.. 2 Thin Mints and 1 Samoas and 1 Tagalongs.. Yummm

shen7 January 21st, 2013 11:27 AM

I find that reading the box ingredients takes away any cravings :P I used to love Samoas until I read the list!

crawmommy January 21st, 2013 12:01 PM

DO IT!!! I am waiting to get my hands on some....oh and when I do it is over! Samoas & shortbread cookies here I come. That little girl scout will have hit the jackpot :0

MarylandMama January 21st, 2013 03:28 PM

Tagalongs have peanut butter. Hello protein, goodbye guilt. :smile: Now where do I hunt down one of those calorie peddlers in my area?...

MamaSkunk January 21st, 2013 04:06 PM

In my area they usually hang out either outside stores or in the entryway if its cold. They typically dont go door to door anymore as the girl scouts put an end to that for the safety of the girls. So if a parent works with you usually or they will sit outside local walmarts or grocery stores. In idaho they were often outside of Fred Meyers stores. Mmmm thin mints, tagalongs, and samoas. Yum!

TeresaV January 21st, 2013 05:05 PM

I am a GS Troop leader. We still go door-to-door here. I cannot WAIT for our cookies to come in. I'm not even going to mention how many boxes I ordered.

QueenCrafty January 21st, 2013 05:46 PM

Two of my nieces are Girl Scouts so we have ordered 4 boxes. Love me some Samoas and Tagalongs!!

enchantingdragon January 21st, 2013 06:17 PM

Im waiting for my shipment from my DH's co-worker. Cant wait yum!!

navywifey2003 January 21st, 2013 06:48 PM

I have not seen any Girl Scouts must have cookies!!!

~Traci~ January 21st, 2013 06:56 PM

Oh, that is not fair. :p I want immediate delivery of the cookies I ordered. I can't wait. I'm sure they won't last long once I receive them.

Joanne Nicole January 22nd, 2013 04:44 AM

On a related but irrelevant note - I think it's funny and a little sad that you almost never see Girl Scouts selling the cookies anymore. 95% of the time that I've been asked to buy cookies was at work by the parent of a Girl Scout. Exactly what lesson is this teaching them? To me, this is the same as the parent doing the kid's homework!

smalltowngirl January 22nd, 2013 07:41 AM

I ordered 1 box of Samoas and 1 box of Tagalongs at work. The Samoas may not make it home when they come in!