JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   The start of stash (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2616937-start-stash.html)

crawmommy January 21st, 2013 11:38 AM

The start of stash

I just got all my cloth diapers in the mail that I ordered :) I am pretty excited!! I got a variety to see what I like best. Funny thing is I thought I would totally like the pocket diapers best but I actually think I will be doing mostly covers w/prefolds or inserts.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/...ps28dfa136.jpg

I bought:
3 grovia newborn AIO's( top left)
1 Thirstie duo wrap size 1(middle row far left)
1 kissaluvs training pants for DD@night (bottom far left)
1 Alvababy one size pocket(bottom row 2nd to left)
1 wooleybug one size cover(bottom row middle)
1 econobum one size cover( middle row middle)
1 fuzzibunz one size elite (top row middle) FREE from kellys closet :)
6 sunbaby size 2 pockets w/bamboo inserts( far right side)

navywifey2003 January 21st, 2013 11:42 AM

Re: The start of stash

Yay they are beautiful!

mommy220 January 21st, 2013 01:46 PM

Yay! So jealous!!

I think I am going to do covers and prefolds too.

overlinmommy17 January 21st, 2013 01:47 PM

I am still on the fence as to wether or not to do cloth....????? ugh.... i am scared of all of the washing!!

rcjh12 January 21st, 2013 02:14 PM

Awesome! I'm waiting a little while longer to start ordering, mainly because I have nowhere to put them yet! I'm going to order a variety to see what we like best, but I have a feeling getting DH onboard will require using a lot of the AIOs. Prefolds and covers are "too much work" :rolleyes:

shen7 January 21st, 2013 02:17 PM

Yay so fluffy!!! :wub:

IMO washing is easy for an EBF baby on no solid food. Their poop washes right out so no extra steps at all, and they aren't as prone to stink issues, toddlers just have way smellier and grosser pees and poops and it takes more treatment to wash them well! But washing is rarely an issue for people who are not afraid to use bleach or oxyclean, hot hot water, and/or mainstream detergents if that's what it takes to get them really clean. If you can wash soiled bed sheets or towels, you can wash diapers ;)

crawmommy January 21st, 2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlinmommy17 (Post 26997968)
I am still on the fence as to wether or not to do cloth....????? ugh.... i am scared of all of the washing!!

I was too at first but then I from reading found that cd babies don't pee & poop through outfits really so I figure it is a trade off...outfits for diapers. Also I am getting a sprayer to attach to my toilet.

edgeofelise January 21st, 2013 02:52 PM

Yay! I got all my newborn diapers just a few weeks after I found out I was pregnant and they're all sitting in a cabinet somewhere. We got a TON of baby clothes at Goodwill today; I can't wait to get everything washed and sorted and put away!

SassySami January 21st, 2013 03:20 PM

great start to your stash!!

We will be doing mostly prefolds and covers, with some sunbaby pockets. I love sunbabies for my son

loveneverfails January 21st, 2013 03:49 PM

yay! that's exciting. we've both a couple of aios I want to order some prefolds and covers next.

QueenCrafty January 21st, 2013 05:51 PM

Great stash so far! It makes me want to go through my diapers to see what I have and what I need

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawmommy (Post 26998169)

I was too at first but then I from reading found that cd babies don't pee & poop through outfits really so I figure it is a trade off...outfits for diapers. Also I am getting a sprayer to attach to my toilet.

So true. I scrubbed so much poo off clothes with Lily in disposable diaper. The poo just squirts up the back without anything to hold it in. I rarely had poo on clothes with Abri, or if I did it was just a teeny bit. The cloth keeps the poo contained.

Karen78 January 21st, 2013 05:59 PM

NICE!! I have the GroVia owl print that you have. But mine is just a shell without the snap-in soaker. I use it as a cover with my prefolds. :)

enchantingdragon January 21st, 2013 06:17 PM

Great stash!!

navywifey2003 January 21st, 2013 06:30 PM

Must not buy more diapers! I should get out my newborn stash. I have a full bin!

DaniB+3 January 21st, 2013 10:11 PM

We didn't start CDing my son until he was 7-8 months old so this will be my first time CDing a newborn. I have already started ordering newborn diapers through my co-ops. I can't wait to get them in and prep them. Yep, I am sick :).

kit.kat.81 January 22nd, 2013 04:46 AM

About how many covers/inserts or prefolds does one need for an adequate stash? I'm trying to figure out how much I need to buy!

shen7 January 22nd, 2013 08:12 AM

For a newborn the usual recommendation is 24-36 changes. So say 30 prefolds and 6 covers, if you are using a snappi. It depends a lot on the baby. M was huge and ate a lot and pooped a LOT and we started with 24 but I quickly realized I needed another dozen!!! I had about 8 covers and that was more than enough but it was fun having them to match outfits etc.

noah and lola's mommy January 22nd, 2013 12:22 PM

so fun! i love cloth diapers