JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Funny AND Informative (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2617047-funny-and-informative.html)

jhmomofmany January 21st, 2013 05:37 PM

Funny AND Informative

10 (OK, 9) Things You Really Don’t Need For Baby

Enjoy! :cool:

~Traci~ January 21st, 2013 06:50 PM

Re: Funny AND Informative

That is too funny! :D

MamaSkunk January 21st, 2013 06:53 PM

Lol all funny. Altho I totally didnt think the carseat one was a funny joke.

KellBell2621 January 21st, 2013 06:56 PM

i just cried laughing so hard! ((i agree, the carseat one wasn't all that funny) but the bedding and wipes warmer were too funny

mommyandwife08 January 21st, 2013 07:03 PM

I thought it was pretty funny too. Although I personally have to disagree with the bumbo seat. Both of my boys absolutely LOVED that thing. Most of the stuff that was said is very true though!

MerinSun January 21st, 2013 08:23 PM

I should add a few of my own:

*Overly mechanized toys. We have this dragon ball popper thing that was great for a day and then our burgeoning toddler figured out how to sit on top of it and crush the mechanism that makes the whole thing work. We buy toys for durability now.

*Diaper bags that look like purses. Seriously, this is a BAD idea. All the weight rests on the one arm and makes it useless because you're holding it in place. Much better to get a backpack (We got ours at Ikea that is designed to hold a laptop in the back meaning there is extra cushioning and has air vents on back so you don't get sweaty $20). It's hands free, holds a lot of junk, has compartments, and is so comfy.

*Baby legs (leggings). I thought they were so cute and I even knitted my little tyke a pair. And then I realized that I could have just put a pair of pants on my kid and 100% guarantee that they stayed up.

*Fancy highchair. Just get something to strap onto your regular chair. Make sure your kid won't tip the chair over (we put another chair behind it). Saves a TON of space.

*Purchasing anything new. 100% serious here. Try to get EVERYTHING second hand that is in good condition and doesn't carry an ick factor (I'd never buy a used mattress, highchair, car seat cover, etc.). I used to think that it was better to buy new things for our first one because he's my precious little prince. The heir. Whatever. It's rare that he gets any clothing or items new. In fact, we're hitting the used stores this weekend to get him a toddler bed. Our new one is inheriting the old chewed on crib, lol. Though I do feel bad about that one. I might get DH to at least sand and repaint the crib so that it looks nice again.

Karen78 January 22nd, 2013 05:59 AM

Hahaha! That was great! And her name is Karen, so naturally she's awesome. ;)

4hearts January 22nd, 2013 10:19 AM

That was pretty dang funny. You can kinda picture Roseanne Barr saying all of that.

bribugg13 January 22nd, 2013 02:08 PM

SO funny and true about shoes and wipe warmers! ha ha