JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Picky eater (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2619216-picky-eater.html)

navywifey2003 January 27th, 2013 09:03 PM

Picky eater

Are you a picky eater?
What are your biggest dislikes?

MrsLat January 27th, 2013 09:56 PM

Re: Picky eater

I am not too terribly picky. But I hate hate hate seafood. And mushrooms. That is about all I can think of right now!

Joanne Nicole January 28th, 2013 04:49 AM

I'll eat just about anything - although I'm not fond of shrimp/lobster/scallops (more for everyone else!). Fish and crab are fine though. I love most food - I'm a total foodie.

My husband is the pickiest eater in the world and it drives me insane. He's also lactose intolerant and has a hard time with red meat and pork. But he refuses to go vegetarian or vegan. And of course who does DD take after in her eating habits? Lately my mealtime motto is "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit." For DD and DH. With the new baby I plan on doing baby led weaning, so I hope that helps him develop a palate for all kinds of food.

ashleykathleen January 28th, 2013 08:02 AM

I'm not terribly picky, I will generally try anything once. I hate shrimp, cherries, and sweet potatoes. I also hate my food touching. DF jokes about getting me one of those plates that little kids use with the dividers :lol:

Madison.Hailey.Zack January 28th, 2013 08:04 AM

I'm not a picky eater but the things I will not eat is mustard or anything spicy.

My step dad is one of those people that cant have his food touching. I tease him that its all going to the same place :D

ashleykathleen January 28th, 2013 08:13 AM

Ooooh I forgot I also hate mustard!

navywifey2003 January 28th, 2013 09:53 AM

Im not picky but I dont care for fish. I do like lobster, crab, and shrimp though.

4hearts January 28th, 2013 10:15 AM

I like fish but despise any other seafood. I also don't like raw onions, mushrooms or tomatoes but cooked is fine. I'm not a big fan of garlicky food either or vinegary Mediterranean foods <---DH fav!

crawmommy January 28th, 2013 10:56 AM

I LOVE food basically everything. I do not eat pork except bacon (very recently), raw onions, game meat except deer. DH is a hick and likes squirrel and such...his friends use to hav critter grill outs..YUCK! I am sure there ar other things I don't like but I can't think of any now

rcjh12 January 28th, 2013 11:11 AM

I don't really think of myself as picky. I'm not super adventurous, but there's not too many things I refuse to eat. Fish/seafood is one. I'll eat a little tuna or salmon, but outside of that? No thanks. It makes me kind of an outsider in the family because they all love fish.

hilachu January 28th, 2013 02:00 PM

I am such a picky eater
I hate when things combine
I dont like dressing on my salad
Don't like ketchup/mustard on my hot dog or hamburger
Dont like milk in my cereal, it must be dry
No gravy on things

eshute January 28th, 2013 02:28 PM

I don't know if I'm really picky, but I don't like really spicy foods, raw onions, or seafood in general. Fish included.

Brie289 January 28th, 2013 02:57 PM

I am picky, DH is not. We always joke about how I like "kid" food. I HATE spicy food, the spiciest I can go is mild salsa and honey bbq sauce. I just don't get the draw of really spicy food? Why does it taste good when you eat really spicy food and you're sweating and tears streaming down your face? DH on the other hand LOVES very spicy food, he has eaten ghost peppers raw before (when he was much younger and his body could handle it ;)). Just don't get it lol! Neither of us like fish or seafood very much, just some tuna and salmon once in awhile.

zkat January 28th, 2013 05:37 PM

I am not picky in the traditional sense, but I am a celiac (no gluten) and vegan when I am not pregnant. I eat meat when I am pregnant because I get extremely anemic and I want DH to help with cooking nd he doesn't cook vegn.

I don't like shrimp, any meat that is in a can or jar. I also am not a an of canned beans (like ranch style beans) or canned vegetables.

zkat January 28th, 2013 05:44 PM

Oh and I think crawfish are the most disgusting things on the planet

pamela.burke611 January 28th, 2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valerie.June2013 (Post 27023110)
I am not too terribly picky. But I hate hate hate seafood. And mushrooms. That is about all I can think of right now!

girl, I can't do seafood either. I loathe it! The thought, ever since I was really young, makes my stomach turn!

Quote:

Originally Posted by zkat (Post 27027005)
I am not picky in the traditional sense, but I am a celiac (no gluten) and vegan when I am not pregnant. I eat meat when I am pregnant because I get extremely anemic and I want DH to help with cooking nd he doesn't cook vegn.

I don't like shrimp, any meat that is in a can or jar. I also am not a an of canned beans (like ranch style beans) or canned vegetables.

I went vegetarian shortly after my daughter was born and now that I am pregnant again I added back some chicken here and there. I am also extremely anemic pregnant, even when not at times if I am not taking iron so I totally relate to you on this.