JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Itchy (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2619329-itchy.html)

enchantingdragon January 28th, 2013 08:28 AM

Itchy

I am so itchy. I feel like I am putting lotion and baby oil on my whole body several times a day and Im still so itchy. A lot of times what Im wearing will have a hair or something trapped between my skin and the shirt and Im dying scratching all over the place. In the winter I get dry skin naturally but this is insane. Sometimes I cant sleep Im so itchy. Is this normal? Anyone else like that? I cant stand my bras and want to toss them all right now its so itchy where the bands are. I have little red bumps popping up on the most itchy places. I dont remember it being this bad with Drake. What is going on?

shen7 January 28th, 2013 08:58 AM

Oh mama I really hope you are not getting PUPPPS (I think that is the acronym)... it is a condition of pregnancy where you get really itchy bumps all over and there is basically nothing you can do. It goes away after birth.

Have you tried Eucerin creme (not the lotion, the tub of thick stuff), oatmeal baths, or switching your detergent or fabric softener? These all might help if it is just normal winter dry skin/preggo sensitive skin. Also you can try using a humidifier in your room at night.

navywifey2003 January 28th, 2013 10:21 AM

Re: Itchy

I was just going to say I hope its not Pupps. I dont have any advice past Shen's though I hope that you find some relief!

KellBell2621 January 28th, 2013 10:26 AM

i have insanely dry skin too. i haven't experienced any of the bumps but i can apply lotion/baby oil/coco butter lotion 2-3x a day and still be itchy! i live in western ny so it can get very cold here. i'm hoping once the weather warms up it won't be as bad :-/

MrsLat January 28th, 2013 12:14 PM

I have been having such bad itching that I can't sleep either. I am trying everything... lotion, baby oil in the tub, benadryl and it doesn't seem to help all that much. I am so praying its not PUPPS... :( Sorry you are going through it too

LisaS January 28th, 2013 02:39 PM

I had really REALLY crazy itchy skin from my waist to my knees a while back. I ended up making some lotion with lots of cocoa butter and emu oil, with lavender, frankincense, rosewood, patchouli, and helichyrsum essential oils and I slather it on every day after my shower. It has really helped a lot. So maybe try something more moisturizing and check the ingredients to make sure there's no alcohol in what you're using.

hilachu January 28th, 2013 05:02 PM

always make sure you are moisturizing right out of the shower too
helps the skin absorb the good stuff
I use cocoa butter that helps a lot with the dry skin