JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Stressed!!!! (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2619555-stressed.html)

TeresaV January 28th, 2013 05:12 PM

Stressed!!!!

I just did our taxes. Needless to say, I think I threw up a little. We were planning on using our tax refund to buy some of the bigger ticket items for the baby. We planned on getting about $2,000 back. Nope. We owe $26. Why? DH has a new job this year, and they took out less than 1% of his wages for Federal taxes. I am the more savy when it comes to financial matters, and I kinda chewed him out for it. I have no clue what he claimed for dependents on his tax forms, and I'm sure he doesn't either. He's just not good at money stuff. Ugh. And we're only getting $300 in state taxes back. Well, not even that because filing taxes online is going to cost upwards of $100 probably.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm super stressed now. :angry2:

navywifey2003 January 28th, 2013 05:47 PM

Re: Stressed!!!!

Why is it going to cost you that to file online? That seems like a lot. I'm sorry Hun. That has got to be so frustrating.

MarylandMama January 28th, 2013 05:54 PM

Oh, I'm sorry. That is really stressful. We have to get ours done soon and I am nervous. I have my own business and I paid everything my CPA told me to pay, but I am still nervous I am going to end up owing a ton of money that I don't have. I hope that your family and friends are super generous with baby gifts!

MrsLat January 28th, 2013 06:52 PM

Ugh, I am so sorry to hear that! I am counting on tax money for baby stuff also.. I don't know what I would do if we didn't have it coming, I honestly don't know where else we would get the money right now.

MamaSkunk January 28th, 2013 06:57 PM

Ugh hugs hun!!

eshute January 28th, 2013 08:39 PM

Ugh. No good! SO got a w2 from one of his jobs this past year and they took absolutely no federal taxes out. Ugh. I told him he might have to pay in and I think it surprised him. I'm lucky enough to be getting a decent return and will be saving it towards the move we're planning in march, so I can imagine if someone told me I wasn't getting anything. That stinks!

rcjh12 January 29th, 2013 04:53 AM

=\ that sucks! And I feel your pain. We had our tax appointment last night. Not my idea of a relaxing evening.

Joanne Nicole January 29th, 2013 04:54 AM

Taxes can be so stressful. I'm sure you'll find a way to make it work though.

The year that Fiona was born, we were planning our wedding, had school debt, hospital bills, midwife bills, and had just bought our first home. We were expecting about the same as you in our tax return...but then it turned out that DH's employer had totally screwed up his taxes and we ended up owing $1800. I remember just sitting and crying about how unfair it was, and wondering what on earth we were going to do. In the end it all worked out. We got the bills paid off on payment plans and had a beautiful wedding.

Now we're living in Canada, and we have to file taxes twice since the stupid US government requires Americans living abroad to file US taxes even if they didn't earn any income in the US. So frustrating.

Don't worry hun, things have a way of working themselves out.