JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   What will your newborn wear to sleep in? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2621618-what-will-your-newborn-wear-to-sleep.html)

Hopeful2BMommy February 3rd, 2013 05:32 PM

What will your newborn wear to sleep in?

What will your newborn wear to sleep in?

TeresaV February 3rd, 2013 05:35 PM

Re: What will your newborn wear to sleep in?

Well, since we have central air, I think we'll be using long sleeve body suits or maybe even the sleeping bag robe things. I have been trying to pick some up as I see them on out of season clearance.

morgankaedenmadisonsmommy February 3rd, 2013 05:43 PM

Mostly gowns but some onesies and sleepers and a sleep sack or baby will be swaddled.

edgeofelise February 3rd, 2013 05:47 PM

DD had to be swaddled, so probably just a onesie and the swaddling blanket. We really liked the summer infant swaddler, too, but I've never tried the small size of those.

Mrs_lynn.c February 3rd, 2013 05:49 PM

Sleepers and onesies I dont like the gown things at all.

Kim3 February 3rd, 2013 05:51 PM

My arms. Seriously I was never able to get my other two sleeping well in a crib. I generally slept in an oversized chair with them. Early on I promised I would do it different this time. :p

PurpleStar February 3rd, 2013 05:59 PM

Summer in Maui...not much! We do not have AC & depend on trade winds so im guessing onesies for now. We used sleeper gowns with DS as well, and really liked those for at night...so I'll have a few on hand just in case.

hilachu February 3rd, 2013 06:00 PM

onesies and light footie sleepers if we install the air conditioner in her room
DS hated swaddling and the sleep sack so we'll probably just skip that

ashleykathleen February 3rd, 2013 06:03 PM

Summer in Texas is brutal, even with A/C. With my DD, who was also a summer baby, we just did onesies and swaddled her in a blanket as a newborn. When she got tired of being swaddled, we would use very thin footed sleepers.

Karen78 February 3rd, 2013 06:12 PM

We have AC but our upstairs gets hot in the summer. My son was born in July and he only slept in a onesie and was swaddled. Although he hated having his arms in there, so it was just his torso and legs. Sometimes for naps he was just in a diaper and semi-swaddled.

bribugg13 February 3rd, 2013 06:32 PM

Yes, we use a/c in the summer as well, so she will probably wear long sleeve sleepers, the zip up kind with footies, or long sleeve onesies with a sleep sack. I remember HATING the sleepers with snaps, zippers were so much easier!!!

We used the halo sleep sacks a lot with Connor as well, LOVED them! I think we tried the swaddle one, but he hated being swaddled. We used the wearable blanket ones!

Halo SleepSack & Swaddle, Halo Wearable Baby Blankets | Babies"R"Us

bluesparkles February 3rd, 2013 07:11 PM

Onesies and sleep sacks or swaddled

shen7 February 3rd, 2013 07:22 PM

I have some good cotton sleepers and a muslin sleep sack that worked great on my last summer baby :) although the muslin sleep sack is pretty girly... hmmm.

I like cotton sleep sacks with a cloth diaper and long sleeve shirt for bedsharing. I don't like to swaddle the baby while they are next to me, it is too hot and I like them to have freedom of motion. But if I put them in the cosleeper alone, I definitely swaddle. It won't be that hot here in foggy NorCal though. Sometimes June is colder than March here!

TeresaMomTo2Boys February 3rd, 2013 07:43 PM

Our room is like a huge studio loft at in laws house and if the upstairs a/c isn't fixed by June baby boy will be sleeping in just a diaper. Both alan And I have to sleep with an industrial fan on even when temps outside are in low 30s

farmfourmama February 3rd, 2013 07:52 PM

A sleeper with his/her blanket
( yes I use blankets )

edgeofelise February 3rd, 2013 08:22 PM

It doesn't get hot here in Seattle until August. I do recall a heat wave when DD was a couple months old and I couldn't swaddle her because it was too hot. Those were some brutal nights. Ugh, I hate summer!

LisaS February 3rd, 2013 08:38 PM

A onesie and swaddled

MamaSkunk February 3rd, 2013 09:12 PM

Light footie sleepers. DD never liked being swaddled and i hate those sleep sacks.

navywifey2003 February 3rd, 2013 09:51 PM

A light sleeper until it gets hot then a onesie and a sleep sack or wombie. :)

mommy220 February 4th, 2013 03:03 AM

I have a bunch of clothes from when dd was a baby, but she was born in February. I hope I can still use some of the long sleeved sleepers since she will be in our room with the ac on. I also got some gowns for her. I will have to get a few wearable blankets.