JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Kick Counts? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2621890-kick-counts.html)

Logan plus one Mommy February 4th, 2013 12:26 PM

Kick Counts?

For those of you who feel a lot of movement, have you figured out sleepy times or really active times for your LO? Baby was SUPER quiet all weekend, and I started to get concerned. I didn't remember feeling him at all on Saturday (we were busy cleaning and de-cluttering, so moving around a lot) and Sunday morning I started to get a little concerned. I sat down late that afternoon, ate some ice cream and drank a big glass of OJ, and just relaxed for a while, and BAM!! He was doing uterus olypics! It lasted about an hour, then I'd feel him quite a bit for the rest of the evening.

I guess my question is, do you know when to expect movement yet?? I usually know that I'll feel him in the late morning, then again early afternoon, and just before bed, so when I didn't feel him, I panicked (My DS was born early because he stopped moving due to uterus issues, so movement is a big deal for me...).

Does your little one have a pattern yet?

rcjh12 February 4th, 2013 12:35 PM

Re: Kick Counts?

I haven't noticed a definite pattern yet, but I have noticed I feel more movement when I first lie down at night. Whether it is because baby is more active then, or just because I'm more apt to notice movement at that point, I'm not sure. We were on the go all weekend and while I noticed less movement, I do recall feeling at least a little something randomly through both days. Some of the thumps are still so faint yet that I'm positive kiddos moving around in there more than I am feeling.

Hopeful2BMommy February 4th, 2013 12:37 PM

I feel him on and off all day, but more so when I'm eating and in the evening. ;)

edgeofelise February 4th, 2013 12:57 PM

I think it's a little early for kick counts. Usually movement is more regular and predictable around 24-28 weeks. Henry's been really quiet for the past 3 or 4 days. I'd feel little taps here and there, but noting like the major thumping he was doing last week. I think they're still really small and can get into positions where we don't feel as much movement.

Logan plus one Mommy February 4th, 2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgeofelise (Post 27052631)
I think it's a little early for kick counts. Usually movement is more regular and predictable around 24-28 weeks. Henry's been really quiet for the past 3 or 4 days. I'd feel little taps here and there, but noting like the major thumping he was doing last week. I think they're still really small and can get into positions where we don't feel as much movement.

I was pretty sure it was too early, too. I keep forgetting that he's really little, and can still move around!

bribugg13 February 4th, 2013 02:40 PM

I do feel her quite often, but the only time I know for certain is bedtime for Connor lol. When we lay down to read books and sing songs for bedtime, she's up and at 'em! Hope that changes lol, but maybe with me reading Connor the books, the same ones will help to put her to sleep also! :)

mommy220 February 4th, 2013 04:05 PM

I notice her randomly throughout the day, then I really notice her a lot at night when I lay down. Lately though I swear she is moving constantly! I just think about it and try to be still and I have been feeling her everytime! I think she's gonna be a wild one!

jhmomofmany February 4th, 2013 04:47 PM

This LO is active pretty much any time I eat something. Also active lots at night, but I'm not sure if that's only nights I'm up for work or if I sleep through it other nights. :)

TeresaV February 4th, 2013 05:28 PM

I notice her when I'm sitting or lying in bed. I have started noticing her more when I'm up moving around. I assume that's because she's getting bigger and stronger. I haven't noticed a pattern based on time of day yet, but I do know certain foods seem to get her moving (OJ, ice cream).

MerinSun February 4th, 2013 08:43 PM

I haven't noticed a pattern yet. Normally I do feel the baby when I'm sitting down. But this has only started recently. My placenta is anterior so I can only feel the baby down low and this baby likes being high up, lol. I was panicking about kick counts at my last appointment and my midwife told me to relax, lol.

Mrs_lynn.c February 4th, 2013 08:58 PM

I feel him.move alot all the time but more at night then any other time.