JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Braxton Hicks.. who's having them? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2624334-braxton-hicks-whos-having-them.html)

4hearts February 11th, 2013 09:48 AM

Braxton Hicks.. who's having them?

I definitely had some of these last night. I think they were spurred off by baby squiggling around in there. I could tell that's what they were bc other than the rhythmic tightening I also got short of breath (while laying down) and my heart would start pounding a bit. Also, I felt some sharp pains in my cervix right afterwards.

I was pretty surprised by having them already. I guess this being my 4th may have something to do with that. Now, I'm wondering if this baby will come earlier like closer to my duedate instead of 2 weeks later. Dare I say it?!

Anyone else having them so early? I'll be 22 weeks tomorrow.

shen7 February 11th, 2013 10:02 AM

I have noticed very mild ones once or twice. It was sort of like "that's an odd feeling... sort of reminds me of something... oh it must be BH!" :lol: I don't think they are happening earlier, I think I just know what they feel like now so I am noticing the first subtle ones way earlier than I was able to last time. Still pretty sure I will go full term again. I would never have noticed them if I was not in bed paying attention to it so closely.

pamela.burke611 February 11th, 2013 10:09 AM

Re: Braxton Hicks.. who's having them?

I am having them too and it worried me because, while this is my second child, I didn't have them with my daughter until literally a couple of weeks before I gave birth to her.. like right near the end of my pregnancy. I asked my doctor about it at my appt. on Feb. 7th and she said as long as they are not a consistent "all day, every 4-5 minutes" then it's normal.. but if it's happening more often then not definitely to call her. I wonder if this does mean that baby will be early, since they are already happening? I am 21 weeks and 3 days. I had my daughter at 39 weeks 1 day..so I wonder... could this mean Logan will come earlier? I always wondered about BH and why they happen I still don't fully understand what causes them.

4hearts February 11th, 2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pamela.burke611 (Post 27080632)
I always wondered about BH and why they happen I still don't fully understand what causes them.

I just read this:

"Braxton Hicks contractions often start as a result of specific triggers. Common triggers include:

physical activity or exertion
sexual intercourse
dehydration
touching your abdomen
your baby moving inside your uterus"

Braxton Hicks Contractions

pamela.burke611 February 11th, 2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4hearts (Post 27080642)
I just read this:

"Braxton Hicks contractions often start as a result of specific triggers. Common triggers include:

physical activity or exertion
sexual intercourse
dehydration
touching your abdomen
your baby moving inside your uterus"

Braxton Hicks Contractions

ahh thank you! :)

edgeofelise February 11th, 2013 02:01 PM

Yup, I get them all day when I'm at work. I have a lot in the mornings before I've had any water, too. I had them starting around the end of my second trimester with DD and she was two weeks late, so I don't think that BH contractions starting early are a good indicator of an earlier delivery. This time I started feeling them at 16 weeks, but only because I was familiar with the sensation.

rcjh12 February 11th, 2013 02:27 PM

A few here and there. I thought I was having an intense one the other night only to look down and realize baby was laying sideways all stretched out.

Logan plus one Mommy February 11th, 2013 02:32 PM

I've had them since christmas. With my uterus issues, my OB said its normal to have them early. I only get them when I sneeze, cough really hard, laugh really hard or if baby starts moving a LOT.

ashleykathleen February 11th, 2013 02:50 PM

I've had them a few times at work when I've overdone it wrestling a large dog or something. I also feel them after DTD almost everytime. Waaaaay earlier than I remember last time.

Karen78 February 11th, 2013 05:33 PM

I had them for about 2 weeks starting at 16 weeks. It was only in the middle of the night when I'd wake up to pee. They randomly stopped and I haven't had them since. With my 1st pregnancy, I didn't get them until close to 30 weeks.

MrsLat February 11th, 2013 06:58 PM

I am having them daily. Much earlier than I have experienced before. It is freaking me out!

PurpleStar February 11th, 2013 11:41 PM

What do they feel like? I never had them with DS, or I was but didnt know it. Im def more "crampy" with this baby but maybe what Im thinking of as cramping is BH? I notice it mostly when dehydrated or when Ive over exerted myself. But it isnt rythmic in a contraction way.

Karen78 February 12th, 2013 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleStar (Post 27083466)
What do they feel like? I never had them with DS, or I was but didnt know it. Im def more "crampy" with this baby but maybe what Im thinking of as cramping is BH? I notice it mostly when dehydrated or when Ive over exerted myself. But it isnt rythmic in a contraction way.

When I had them, they were never crampy or painful in any way. The best way I can describe mine is as if my uterus was being vacuumed shut and the baby was getting squished in there. Everything was super hard and I could definitely see the "baby lump" (aside from the rest of my belly).

Rissa6213 February 12th, 2013 07:48 AM

I think I may have had them in the middle of the night last night. They would start off as a mild back pain, then a mild cramping and tightening in my belly, then also the cervical pain and shortness of breath. I only had 1 or 2 really noticeable ones. I drank a big glass of water and walked around a bit and then I didn't feel anymore. But it kinda freaked me out!

4hearts February 12th, 2013 08:48 AM

Rissa- that sounds like what I had.

Kalynas_Mom February 12th, 2013 09:06 AM

I get them on an off most days, usually in the morning and evenings. I never had many with DD so I was a bit surprised but my OB said some people get them as early as 14 weeks and as long as there's no pain or pattern then not to be concerned. It feels really strange and I feel like baby is being squished into a little tight ball haha

navywifey2003 February 12th, 2013 09:34 AM

I had a few yesterday after the dog jumped on me.

eshute February 12th, 2013 10:03 AM

I don't know if I've had any or not. I haven't had much pain at all recently, but I was also off of work for 4 days (a mini vacation), so that might be why. I've had a strange tightening sensation under my bellybutton a couple times, but nothing more than that yet. Unless I've mistaken some lower back pain as just normal due to my job, it looks like I'll be waiting a little longer to get the BH!

PurpleStar February 12th, 2013 10:39 PM

Thanks Karen78!! Good explanation & gave me a crazy visual ;-) lol

Yea, I don't think its BH for me...just some crampy soreness, but not painful.

overlinmommy17 February 13th, 2013 12:02 PM

I have them every single time we DTD.... :) lol not painful , but definitely BH.