JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Mementos (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2625318-mementos.html)

navywifey2003 February 13th, 2013 09:25 PM

Mementos

Did you keep momentos from your past?
Where are they stored?
Do you plan on keeping momentos to give your children when they are older?

MamaSkunk February 13th, 2013 10:00 PM

Re: Mementos

I have some but I lost alot when our home was flooded in 2009. I had a few boxes of loveletters and poems and such between DH and I that i would have let our kids have but they were all ruined. I think i have like two pics of myself as a teen left as well. And both dont really show who I was. I also had a notebook full of letters that me and my two best friends would write to each other in during highschool and a ton of songs and poems that i wrote. All lost.

Mrs_lynn.c February 13th, 2013 10:45 PM

I have all of their first out fits a ton of pictures and letters.

Steph625 February 14th, 2013 04:43 AM

I don't but its always something I wanted to do. Would it be fair I do it with this baby and not my daughter?

TeresaV February 14th, 2013 05:05 AM

I'm not terribly sentimental, but I do have a few things in a trunk that I have saved. I have a box for my stepdaughter with things for when she is older (old Girl Scout sashes, report cards, etc.) and will do the same for the baby. I don't save tons of stuff though.

beatlechicksteph February 14th, 2013 05:07 AM

I am pretty much a pack rat. I keep pretty much everything. I've gotten a little better. I plan to scrapbook a lot of the stuff, and I have 2 tubs of stuff that are titled "Stuff for Steph to Scrapbook." I'm going to go through them before we move though, and see if I can condense. My problem is everything has sentimental value, and I just can't throw anything away.

If I'm this way with movie ticket stubs and playbills, then I'm positive I'll be the same way with the baby, and he'll get his own tub LOL

Kyla0709 February 14th, 2013 05:27 AM

I have a few different things stashed in an old perfume box. A couple shirts the boys wore in the hospital and one hat that Isaac wore in the hospital. I have their and our hospital braclets and several pictures of their ultrasounds. I have a yellow rose that I pressed from a bunch hubby got me for my 18th birthday. Besides that box I have lots of pictures, like boxes of boxes of them from my childhood and from when my parents were younger. Everyone in my family was a packrat, so they had everything! I have a holiday Barbie collection my maternal grandmother used to get me every Christmas, and now that this baby is a boy, I think I'll just pass them down to my nieces. I have these beautiful painted holiday plates my paternal grandmother gave me every Christmas from my birth until I was 12. And since my dad passed away, he left me his miniature motorcycle collection (he was super into motorcycles) which is worth quite a pretty penny so I don't want to display them while my kiddos are so young, I know they'll break them.

SassySami February 14th, 2013 05:36 AM

I have special clothes saved from the kids, i will turn into a blanket for them.
i also have a doll collection

ashleykathleen February 14th, 2013 07:50 AM

I scrapbook so I save lots of stuff. I started collecting back in junior high and its awesome to look back on old letters and pictures and stuff. Right now, DF and I have every note or card we've ever written to each other saved in a drawer in his nightstand. Sometimes we go through them when we are feeling romantic or nostalgic.