JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Today's Appointment (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2628187-todays-appointment.html)

Avalicious February 21st, 2013 10:41 PM

Today's Appointment

My BP was 149/90. :eek:Ugh! I mentioned to the dr the symptoms I've been feeling so she suggested that I keep a journal and take my bp when I feel my symptoms to give them a more accurate picture of what my bp is doing. This way they can determine if they need to start me on drugs or just continue to monitor me. She's not too concerned with it right now as she said she's seen worse. She said the next step would be to put me on bed rest but honestly, I find it hard to do much of anything without feeling like crap because my bp shoots up. I feel bad for Dh and my kids because it seems like I'm lazy and I hate that I have to stay to still or lay down so much.

Anyway, I did my glucose test today also and will find out soon what the results are for that. I'm hoping it's normal because I really don't want to be monitoring that on top of my bp. That was a pain in my last pregnancy since I did have GD with it.

I also got to see baby Zayne today:wub: while they checked my amniotic fluid which the tech said looked normal. And I get to do another 24hr urine test. Such a pain in the butt.

Kim3 February 22nd, 2013 04:26 AM

Re: Today's Appointment

Prayers for health this pregnancy. I know it is hard to relax. Hopefully your DH understands that your primary job the next 3-4 months if growing a child. All other work can wait.

navywifey2003 February 22nd, 2013 09:16 AM

Maybe pick up some mag/sulfate supplement that should help as well. Also was this a manual BP check or electronic? When did they take the BP? I really think that mattes. Huge hugs!

Avalicious February 22nd, 2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by navywifey2003 (Post 27123497)
Maybe pick up some mag/sulfate supplement that should help as well. Also was this a manual BP check or electronic? When did they take the BP? I really think that mattes. Huge hugs!

This was one of the lower readings they've gotten from me since I started seeing them. They diagnosed me with high blood pressure at 18 wks ( I'm now 25). They take it electronically but dh has taken it manually here at home and it's about the same. This will be my second 24hr test. The first one came back normal so I'm hoping this one does as well.

I'm also hoping I make it to 37 wks since I have a history of delivering at 35wks. My water spontaneously breaks. I'm on weekly progesterone shots for that as well.

princess136 February 22nd, 2013 11:20 AM

I hope that the BP stays under control and your glucose test is normal. The shots are a pain in the butt (literally, lol) but I hope they work magic on you too for delaying delivery as long as possible.

Good luck!