JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Coupons, anyone? (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2628712-coupons-anyone.html)

eshute February 23rd, 2013 07:56 PM

Coupons, anyone?

Just wondered if some of you money saving moms have any good coupon websites you like to use and know are legitimate and don't have a ton of pop up ads and whatnot? I need to start building up a coupon book and start learning to use more coupons as we're broke now, let alone once the baby gets here!! Haha.

navywifey2003 February 23rd, 2013 08:00 PM

Re: Coupons, anyone?

I'm so not good at coupons. But you can sign up on huggies and pampers websites to get coupons.

MrsLat February 23rd, 2013 10:25 PM

I am not a great coupon-er either! lol. I always sign up with the formula and diaper companies so I get the coupons. I also price match stuff between stores. Sometimes I get really good deals from price matching and coupon combined!

beatlechicksteph February 24th, 2013 06:47 AM

I use coupons.com they have a lot of manufacturer coupons, and sometimes they have diaper ones pop up as well.

MamaSkunk February 24th, 2013 07:04 AM

Yep i suck at couponing as well.

TeresaV February 24th, 2013 08:25 AM

I have couponed for years, although I refuse to use any website that makes me install a program on my computer. I have read so many horror stories about people's computers being infected by these programs. I just cut coupons out of the Sunday paper. I do plan on getting coupons through the diaper companies, though.

jhmomofmany February 24th, 2013 01:03 PM

I personally don't feel that coupons are the best way to save money. I've saved Huggies or Pampers coupons, for example, but the generic brand is always still cheaper than the name brand with coupon. I find the same thing is usually true of grocery coupons as well. There are a few brands that I am loyal to, but not many. So if you are open to using generic or store brands, that will maybe save you more money than coupons with a lot less time and organization.

TeresaV February 24th, 2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jhmomofmany (Post 27129734)
I personally don't feel that coupons are the best way to save money. I've saved Huggies or Pampers coupons, for example, but the generic brand is always still cheaper than the name brand with coupon. I find the same thing is usually true of grocery coupons as well. There are a few brands that I am loyal to, but not many. So if you are open to using generic or store brands, that will maybe save you more money than coupons with a lot less time and organization.

Most of the time I would agree with you, but sometimes if you combine coupons with good sale prices you can get a good deal. I have noticed, though, that with diapers especially, it's hard to beat generic brand prices even with sale/coupon combos.