JustMommies Message Boards

JustMommies Message Boards (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/)
-   June 2013 Playroom (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/)
-   -   Angle care Movement monitor Or any movement monitor (http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1882-june-2013-playroom/2631477-angle-care-movement-monitor-any-movement-monitor.html)

bobbiejo1982 March 4th, 2013 08:40 AM

Angle care Movement monitor Or any movement monitor

Another Mom suggested This monitor because of the movement deal and if baby quits breathing an alarm goes off. It sounds great so I put it on my registry.
Any opinions on this??

I read somewhere you have to put the movement pad under the mattress. And if the crib bottom was slated you had to put a piece of plywood down. Well my crib bottom is like the metal spring type deal. i would what would need to be done. i am hoping I do not have to put plywood under there.

MamaSkunk March 4th, 2013 10:56 AM

Re: Angle care Movement monitor Or any movement monitor

Well you should have crib...crib mattress. Then mattress pad and sheet. So aside from putting down a bit of plywood you could try under the mattress pad and sheet. Im not sure how else that would work.

bobbiejo1982 March 4th, 2013 11:45 AM

i thought of that but read somewhere is was to be installed under the mattress not the sheet/pad.

Kyla0709 March 4th, 2013 12:17 PM

I'm pretty interested in getting one, I've never been too concerned about SIDS, but a friend of mine lost her 5 week old son to it, so when it hits that close to home I guess it makes you that much more paranoid.

Kim3 March 4th, 2013 03:28 PM

I had this with our first two. I loved having it. I had to to use the piece of plywood. It really does work. Odd I know.

eshute March 4th, 2013 04:21 PM

I've been told that it's not a good idea to have specialized equipment like this mostly because you can have a lot of false alarms and it adds to the worry more than anything. But then again, I went and got a pocket doppler after I was given the same advice and I'm glad I got it. I've heard though, that even with stuff like this that if SIDS happens, there's not much you can do about it. I'm still going back and forth about getting something like this as well, but most things so far simply say that keeping the baby in the same room, not having anything in the baby's sleeping area, making sure no one smokes around the baby, and being sure the baby sleeps on his/her back at all times are the best ways to prevent SIDS. I look forward to reading other reviews and input, though! Still not sure what I'm going to do.

navywifey2003 March 4th, 2013 04:30 PM

My friend had one and it was always going off no matter what and she of course freaked out every time, her son was a micro preemie so she wanted the extra comfort when he came home and it just caused more stress.

I've never personally had one though.

Kim3 March 4th, 2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eshute (Post 27161274)
I've been told that it's not a good idea to have specialized equipment like this mostly because you can have a lot of false alarms and it adds to the worry more than anything. But then again, I went and got a pocket doppler after I was given the same advice and I'm glad I got it. I've heard though, that even with stuff like this that if SIDS happens, there's not much you can do about it. I'm still going back and forth about getting something like this as well, but most things so far simply say that keeping the baby in the same room, not having anything in the baby's sleeping area, making sure no one smokes around the baby, and being sure the baby sleeps on his/her back at all times are the best ways to prevent SIDS. I look forward to reading other reviews and input, though! Still not sure what I'm going to do.

In 99.9999% of the time you will not need it. I used it for about 6 months with each of our kiddos. The only false alarms I had was when I would pick our kid up without turning the alarm off first. This happens in the middle of the night when you are half asleep :p After 6 months when the child rolls to the corner the alarm then also can go off. When our children were really young (under 6 months) I never had a false alarm. I could not believe that it could really work so I tried placing a package of flour where the child would be placed to see what would happen. It really worked. I think the greatest value was that it gave peace to the parent. Kinda like the doppler.

bobbiejo1982 March 5th, 2013 11:02 AM

So mixed reviews then. Well i have it on my registry i think i will leave it on there for now.